gadfly

Real world cam temps

Still investigating equipment for a first time system. I'll be installing the system on a home in Wisconsin where temps can get down to 0 or -2 at worst. I note some of these outdoor cams have a low OT of around 12 degrees or so. Not seeing many that are under 150 that can handle colder temps than that.

Real question is, does the operation of the cam increase ambient temps inside the housing to the point where an outside temp of 0 translates to 12-14 on the inside of the housing or no?

I'd hate to pick up 8 to 10 cams and have them all destroyed in the first year because they can't handle the cold.

A heater does more than just help a camera survive the cold. Who wants to climb up a ladder with a hairdryer to thaw snow, ice, frost, etc during the winter? No heater will equal no usable video for significant portions of the winter if the camera is exposed to the elements.

How's the normal hookup for this? Do you parallel the 24vac off the camera PS?

Seeing a few around the 60 buck mark, others around 110.... obviously with a 150 or 200 buck camera I'm in the budget arena

Thoughts on the 60 dollar price range models? Hold up decently or garbage?

Blank has a Heated and Faned Enclosure for $28.....

I'm sure there are better ones out there. This is just the one I bought...

I bought one for my box camera.

When you run the power to the camera, it first is wired into the enclosure for

the fan/heat. Then comes from that unit to the camera itself. All inside the enclosure....

Sorry, Forgot I can't link website etc... I'll send you a message....

You would think these stand out, But since installing mine in the spring no one has noticed

unless I point it out. Family, Neighbors etc and I even have cctv signs....