mikey2k

SAMSUNG SECURITY CAMERA 3.6mm 600TVL SIR-60 SCD-2020R

awesome camera I love selling it.

If you don't need IR you can get the SCD-2080 which is day/night and works great in low light.

comes with lots of settings you can tweak and beautiful image. also if you get samsung SRD dvr you can control the cam over the coax which is really sweet for large installs.

buy it you won't regret

Thanks, Sinbad. I do need IR.

Which Samsung (and/or other brand) DVR model/s do you recommend to go with this camera?

Does the SRD DVR control this SCD-2080 too?

This camera should be just like the scd2080 with the addition of R which stands for IR

I think all Samsung srd-dc series will control it. It's called 'up the coax', or Samsung term is 'coaxial control', if I remember correctly.

The DC is for 'direct coax', I'm usually buying srd1670dc which is 30fps at full D1 on all channels.

They make the same with other channels just make sure the dvr has DC in the model name.

Dedicated Micros also have up the coax dvrs but they are quite pricey and suck if you want to add HDDs.

I saw this DVR model and the 1650DC which is significantly cheaper, but I can't find the differences between them.

Do you know by any chance what's the difference between the 1650DC and the 1670DC model?

Thanks again

Just wondering how this camera compared to some of empire security's for the same price.

I notice this samsung has a 0.15 lux, while empires have a 0.001 Lux rating.

Just curious as to why this samsung would be the better choice. Both having