MikeCermak

High-res live video from phone?

Is there any way to get something better than 320x240 on phones an iPads? We have some 5MP cameras installed that cover a wide area, but you can hardly make out a car at 320x240... and I suspect I have no hope of finding a solution that might support fisheye?

Is there any way to get something better than 320x240 on phones an iPads? We have some 5MP cameras installed that cover a wide area, but you can hardly make out a car at 320x240... and I suspect I have no hope of finding a solution that might support fisheye?

Hmm, something tell me u missing how thinks works

for example with Avigilon I can watch 16 MP stream to my Iphone

and zoom in to see Lic plate on parking lot

read if u interested about Avigilon HDMS

It's all about how your VMS sending stream to you

and how App on your IPhone render incoming video

You will need to go in the settings of the NVR or the camera itslef, depends how your recording. Look for extra stream or sub stream

and see if there is a choice on how it streams. If your at 320x240 it sounds like your at QCIF or less. Try to get D1 for your iphone

and the picture will look much better.

There is no way to get a higher resolution on a cellphone with geovision. I have no idea why they haven't added this ability yet.

Is there any third party software out there that I should check out? Avigilon looks pretty interesting -- anyone know how expensive? I wonder if any third party programs can handle Geovision fish eye cameras... Thanks for the replies!

Have you adjusted the setting to "actual" size or "larger" size in the network settings for the Iphone or android?

In the web server setup on the video tab. There is a setting for normal, large and actual size if memory serves me correctly. This is on the DVR.

My android phone looks very nice. I looked on an Ipad and it wasn't too great though.

The Actual setting on on the DVR software only modifies the video stream. The GeoVision apps use JPGs, which the DVR only creates at 320x240 and 160x120.

Once again, since this isn't possible with GeoVision software, do any fellow GeoVision users have a third party solution that they use for viewing high res images from a mobile device?

The Actual setting on on the DVR software only modifies the video stream. The GeoVision apps use JPGs, which the DVR only creates at 320x240 and 160x120.

Once again, since this isn't possible with GeoVision software, do any fellow GeoVision users have a third party solution that they use for viewing high res images from a mobile device?

I'm curious about this as well, but more so, when will Geovision release an update for higher resolutions on our devices?

I mean, tablets are everywhere these days. I'd like to be able to get something like the iPad mini or a Galaxy tab to be able to view my Geovision system. Hopefully an update to this resolution issue is in the works. Anyone know for certain?

You can do it with the GV-Eye app, which is IP cameras only. If your using a hybrid system and using the GV-iView app your limited to 320x240.

I have both apps installed on my iPhone and iPad3 and they all work fine, but beware of the following limitations (version 1.20 of GV-Eye app):

1) you have to login with the admin account.

2) Max resolution supported for H.264 and MJPEG is 1920x1080 (dont ask me why) and for MPEG4 its D1 (720x480). Also, be aware that when you initially start the connection it defaults to stream 2 but you can easily change to stream one if your dual streaming by clicking the icon with the 2 arrows in a circle on the screen.

3) If your resolution is set higher than 1920x1080 in the live view settings for stream one on the camera (via the web interface) , then the GV-Eye will give you a error and you will only be able to view stream 2. (in my case its 640x480 since stream one on my 3mp cameras are set to 2048x1536)

If you haven't figured it out already, its basically worthless if your using anything higher than a 2 megapixel camera unless you just want to run your 3 or 5 mp camera at 1920x1080 which I have no idea why someone would but.....you can.

Also, you will need to make 2 entries for each camera in the GV-Eye app if your using this on a LAN and WAN. (one for each)

Lastly, be aware that you have to connect to each camera individually, its not like the GV-iView app where you have a multi-view.