jeromephone

Public view monitor with IP camera

We have a potential job that will require a public view monitor that is connected to and IP Camera (probably Axis) what they want is to have the person see themselves on the PVM and then have the footage also sent to an axis NVR. I was thinking about a web enabled tv but wondered if the camera had to download any codex if it could do that to a TV. The old Sanyo cameras had hdmi out so it was not a problem. I could go analog cam to axis encoder but I would like to avoid that if possible.

you can get a cam that has coax output as well and simply plug that to the RCA/F connector input on any TV without the hassle of web tv and connection issues. not a killer image on the PVM but serve the purpose.

The NVR is located in another building and they want to stay axis if possible I don't quite know why as they are specking non mega pixel cams for the rest of the project I suppose that is what you get when the IT folks take over the world. The ideal thing would be a public view monitor with a built in ip mega pixel camera.

^^^ why don't you like Axis? Because there software only works with their cameras?

Some of it works with third party. It's like every other one you have to buy this thing to make it work with there software. I personally like Pelco better. Axis try's to claim there the world leader but Pelco still is.

Your kidding my right? Pelco's IP products are not known as the top of the line stuff. Pelco in general is not what they used to be.
..About the only Pelco products I use anymore are their Spectra PTZ's, and the EH3512 housings, they have gone pretty far downhill (and they never were very good with IP products to begin with).