vmgtlexi

Sony Brand Camera - Sample Night Image

Just bought a Sony brand camera, model SSC-CB564R. It claims 98' of IR night vision.

Attached is an image from this evening. Pretty pathetic. Now, this image was captured from my computer network access to my DVR, so there is some loss in that process. But, even viewing the live image at my DVR monitor, it's not much better.

CH01.jpg.530f676438d7908d8c61f745d7b38517.jpg

not too impressive ha?

did you try playing with the dip switch options?

I'll turn off AGC and turn on ATR-lite

Pin No. Switch
1 SYNC LL INT
2 AGC ON OFF
3 iBLC ON OFF
4 ATR-Lite ON OFF
5 SHARPNESS  SHARP NORMAL
6 WB ATW PRO ATW
7 D/N AUTO OFF
8 D/N_TIME SHORT LONG
9 AdIR ON OFF
10 IRIS OPEN AUTO

Thank you!

Yes, I fiddled with the dip switches. No changes. I think it's just "shame on me" for believing 98' of night vision claims.

where 98 feet?

it looks like 30' and ****ty image. for what you paid its totally wrong.

but must be your settings somewhere. try rebooting the cam after dip switch changes if you don't see the changes immediately.

if that's the best it gets I'll return it and buy a samsung or nuvico cam instead. both have nice image at night time.

I always cut the range they claim in 30%. if you really need 100' range buy an external IR unit. Vitek make nice units which are cost effective. I'll stay away from noname IR illuminators. (or anything else lol)

It doesn't look like much, but try moving the camera off of the house. I doubt it, but you never know. It looks like a decent camera with it's specs, and certainly not cheap for an analog, but it does not look like a ton of IR's on it. I can't see how they claim 98ft, even though they actually claim (up to) 98ft.