buellwinkle

Dahua cameras now at Costco

Do you have a source for the stock 3.6mm lenses?

Sorry, I should clarify. I'm replacing the whole camera with a 3.6mm model.

Hi Brutus

What are the main reasons for switching to 3.6 from 6mm that comes with the Costco system?

I am trying to see if its needed for my case.

Thanks

Got my package today, ordered them on weds. It's a 4 channel. :weep:

Rats! That's all that's keeping me from ordering now. I really want the 8 ch. but it seems warehouse roulette determines which one you get.

I wonder if Q-See can upgrade it for you after the fact? Or, could you return to Costco and try again?

bought two 4ch. kits today, needed 8 channels. probably have an extra 4 cameras if anybody is interested...??

Got my package today, ordered them on weds. It's a 4 channel. :weep:

Rats! That's all that's keeping me from ordering now. I really want the 8 ch. but it seems warehouse roulette determines which one you get.

I wonder if Q-See can upgrade it for you after the fact? Or, could you return to Costco and try again?

i here ya dave, bought two 4ch. kits to substitute the 8ch. model... i figure if i can get the kits this cheap (699) a 8ch kit with eight cameras will cost you an easy 2k+. the plus on having two 4ch kits, 8 poe ports, 2tb hds, better frame rate, shorter lengths of cable runs to nvrs. eventually split 1080p cameras across two nvrs, saves space. honestly i think qsee made a huge mistake only offering the 4ch. model at costco, lots of consumers will just buy the dahua branded models. guess their trying to get the most dollar from the introduction BUT unaware how many of us know theirs a substitute for qsee.

Has anyone been able to get recorded video to playback through the iOS app?

I have been able to review recorded video through the Windows app but when using the iOS app it always says "no recordings".

Live video works great however through iOS.

For those asking about outdoor motion detectors I use DSC LC-151's: http://www.dsc.com/index.php?n=products&o=view&id=1346

I have the motions hooked up to my HAI Omni security/automation system which in turn control's outdoor lights through UPB relay switches.

The HAI Omni can be programmed to do anything I want(Alarms,beeps, logs, output triggers) and the QC NVR has alarm inputs and outputs, so I will probably end up hooking those up to input and outputs on my Omni to the cameras can act like motions or my Omni can trigger recording from the standard motions or other events like garage door openings, or schedule recording based on Omni arm status.

My order of lenses from DX came in (17 days from Hong Kong). The 2.8 just doesn't fit. The 3.6mm is good. It covers about 75 degrees of field of view. Sometime this weekend, I'll play with the 12mm and 16mm lenses.

My order of lenses from DX came in (17 days from Hong Kong). The 2.8 just doesn't fit. The 3.6mm is good. It covers about 75 degrees of field of view. Sometime this weekend, I'll play with the 12mm and 16mm lenses.

Curious which 3.6mm?

the $2.70 or the $2.10?

bike who is "dx" have a link?

http://dx.com/p/replacement-fixed-iris-lens-for-cctv-camera-3-6mm-45189?item=2

Check Buellwinkle's post on page one of this thread for more info.

http://dx.com/p/replacement-fixed-iris-lens-for-cctv-camera-3-6mm-45189?item=2

Check Buellwinkle's post on page one of this thread for more info.

thank you

Curious which 3.6mm?

the $2.70 or the $2.10?

Don't know. I bought a bag of lenses for $14. Part 15744. Deal Extreme has all sorts of interesting CCTV parts.

Tough question but your new NVR should support 8 cameras, so you can buy 4 more cameras for $598 or for $101 more get another 1TB hard drive and another NVR to keep as a backup and stick the 1TB drive in the first NVR (supports 2 drives). The deal ends Sunday though and it may cost more after that. On the otherhand, you can buy different types of cameras to add including 1080P cameras from Q-See and others and Costco said they would be adding the 1080P cameras in a few weeks.

I purchased one online last night I am assuming my dlink DES-1228P switch should work with this system? This would be great if I lucked out and received the 8 channel NVR.

Sold out on the 4pack+DVR ($699). I'd be willing to dump my analog DVR+cameras for this as a straight upgrade. You're essentially paying for the cameras and getting the 1TB NVR for $99.

Was it ever available in the stores or just strictly website?

Sold out on the 4pack+DVR ($699). I'd be willing to dump my analog DVR+cameras for this as a straight upgrade. You're essentially paying for the cameras and getting the 1TB NVR for $99.

Was it ever available in the stores or just strictly website?

online only in the ny area...

costco has the 4ch. with two cams. for 599

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-4-Channel-HD-Digital-NVR-with-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-2-HD-720p-IP-Cameras.product.11767205.html?catalogId=10701&keyword=nvr&langId=-1&storeId=10301

Tough question but your new NVR should support 8 cameras, so you can buy 4 more cameras for $598 or for $101 more get another 1TB hard drive and another NVR to keep as a backup and stick the 1TB drive in the first NVR (supports 2 drives). The deal ends Sunday though and it may cost more after that. On the otherhand, you can buy different types of cameras to add including 1080P cameras from Q-See and others and Costco said they would be adding the 1080P cameras in a few weeks.

I purchased one online last night I am assuming my dlink DES-1228P switch should work with this system? This would be great if I lucked out and received the 8 channel NVR.

I found out from Q-See that they received their 4-channel nvr's last week on Monday. So any orders that they shipped that Monday on out are 4-channel nvr's. They had been out of the 4's and subbed with the 8's. Bummer!

I was told that an 8-channel nvr would be available at Costco at the beginning of next year.

Question: is it true the costco 4cam 4ch. nvr deal is not considered a electronic item? (90 days return policy) i read somewhere within the threads a member spoke to a costco employee about returning the unit and was told non-electronic return applies. also what is the standard return policy time?

costco return policy:

We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. The following must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund: televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touch screen tablets, MP3 players and cellular phones.

Edited by Guest

I found out from Q-See that they received their 4-channel nvr's last week on Monday. So any orders that they shipped that Monday on out are 4-channel nvr's. They had been out of the 4's and subbed with the 8's. Bummer!

surprised they even admitted to that? i am pretty sure theirs a truth in advertising law... i know nobody would complain about getting a better 8ch. nvr BUT you have consumers wanting a 8ch. nvr who may not take a liking to that statement. still waiting for my delivery, how i would love a 8ch.

Well, we'll see what happens. On their fb page, the rep said that Costco would be carrying the 1080p cameras sometime back in October. That still hasn't happened. So we'll see if they carry the 8-channel nvr in Jan....or not...

On their fb page, the rep said that Costco would be carrying the 1080p cameras sometime back in October. That still hasn't happened.

Perhaps he was referring to the Lorex SDI HD 1080p?

Best,

Christopher

On their fb page, the rep said that Costco would be carrying the 1080p cameras sometime back in October. That still hasn't happened.

Perhaps he was referring to the Lorex SDI HD 1080p?

Best,

Christopher

this was on the q-see facebook page, i doubt the q-see rep would talk about lorex

Does Dahua make any cameras that will work (e.g. detect motion) with NVRs like Avigilon? If not, any word when they will enhance their ONVIF support for motion detection?

Best,

Christopher