buellwinkle

Dahua cameras now at Costco

Was it ever available in the stores or just strictly website?

online only in the ny area...

costco has the 4ch. with two cams. for 599

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-4-Channel-HD-Digital-NVR-with-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-2-HD-720p-IP-Cameras.product.11767205.html?catalogId=10701&keyword=nvr&langId=-1&storeId=10301

Saw it, not nearly as good of a deal. The 2 pack of cams is $299. So you're basically paying $300 for the NVR.

hey BIKE, did you try those lenses????

Sorry man, busy weekend with chores. But hey, the tomatoes got transplanted and the cold frame is setup.

I did remove the 2.8, it just doesn't work. The 16mm is mounted, but the image is a little soft. It might be out of focus. I'm on vacation next week, so I plan to wrap all my testing and get these things mounted.

FWIW, as others have noted, it can be very difficult to get these cameras into night mode. The sensor is too sensitive to things like porch lights. Even with "switch by period" it doesn't want to switch to B&W.

BIKE, be looking forward to your input on those lenses, maybe some still picks? enjoy your vacation!

BUELLWINKLE, is it possible where the light is placed may be the problem? i saw your review and video on these cams, your streetlight is above the sight of the cam and the video looks great. my situation is all my lighting will be in direct view of cams. this must have an adverse affect??? optimum lighting would be behind cam... am i correct on this???

Sounds like the IR cut filter is stuck. Mine switches fine when it gets dark.

Thanks, but it does switch under very, very low lighting. It is all in one's definition of "dark". When I get final position on the camera I may put a neutral density filter over the sensor.

gabe, if the light source in the the frame, I expect the camera to be reluctant to switch. I'm still playing with the "Switch by period" feature to see if I can get it behave.

Do these things have a default IP# if you're trying to view them without the NVR? I've tried port scanning the network and can't find this dang thing. Searched Dahua for a configtool, no luck.

n/m

There was a CD under one of the box flaps. Doh.

Do these things have a default IP# if you're trying to view them without the NVR? I've tried port scanning the network and can't find this dang thing. Searched Dahua for a configtool, no luck.

n/m

There was a CD under one of the box flaps. Doh.

they dont have a default, dhcp as far as i can tell, the dahua utility works for the q-see cameras too!

Just read this entire thread (glad it got back on topic ). This system seems to be what I've been holding out for - might need to hold out a little longer for the 8 camera system - I only want 4 cameras but the ability to add more later - only way to do that seems to be to get the $500 8 camera stand-alone nvr from amazon and 2 sets of cameras from Costco for a total of $1100 - I'd prefer to get everything from Costco due to their return policy.

Someone mentioned buying two 4 camera systems which would accomodate 8 cameras. Does that mean I'd need to login to two different interfaces to view cameras once I had more than 4 though?

Not sure how I cam across it but costco is selling the 1080p dome cameras as part of a 4 camera kit - buried in their office section - showing as $919 for me, so $19 to bump up to a single 1080p camera:

Item #999186

http://www2.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11773089&whse=BD_823&Ne=4000000&eCat=BD_823|9932|91793|22015&N=4049643&Mo=5&No=0&Nr=P_CatalogName:BD_823&cat=22015&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&hierPath=9932*91793*22015*&topnav=national

Does anyone have the manual to these? I've tossed mine and I'm trying to figure out how the "Switch by period" function works. It looks like I can set a start time and an end time for when the camera is in B&W mode. The way it seems to work is that I only get one period, say 00:00 to 06:00. I'm going to try 18:00 to 06:00 to see if that works, but I wonder if anyone can look in the manual to see if this setting is valid.

Does anyone have the manual to these? I've tossed mine and I'm trying to figure out how the "Switch by period" function works. It looks like I can set a start time and an end time for when the camera is in B&W mode. The way it seems to work is that I only get one period, say 00:00 to 06:00. I'm going to try 18:00 to 06:00 to see if that works, but I wonder if anyone can look in the manual to see if this setting is valid.

Have you checked the Q-See website? They have all the PDF's on there.

So I went on the hype and got the 4 camera system from Costco. Except for frame rate when I compare it to my Acti ACM-1231's I don't really see that much difference. Of course the Acti has a much better Computar lens so maybe if it had a better lens?? I did use it with my Nuuo software NVR and it didn't auto recognize the camera but I could get it to work using the settings for the Dahua IPC-HFW3300C. I think I'm gonna take it back to Costco and wait for the better cameras to hopefully come out. BTW, I didn't get the free 8ch upgrade and as you can see from the picture either Q-See or Dahua's fix for the IR reflection off the sun shield was to take a back Sharpie marker to it. Doesn't show that on the Dahua website and I guess it works but still sub-par fix if you ask me.

205650_1.jpg

These are very low end camaras, actually the same Aptina sensor as on the older ACM-1231 and not really a huge bargain when you consider this is closer to a TCM-1111 in features which you can buy for about $100 more and get true commercial grade camera support and software. But check out the Dahua IPC-HFW3200C, that has an awesome Sony Exmor sensor and better varifocal lens, in a different league than this camera. This camera is more for someone looking to get started and has a low budget.

Nice Audi.... ^^

I sold my 2006 A6 S-Line and regret it every single day/

I found that camera at $355. Is it cheaper elsewhere?

Really good quality though. Wow.

Just received my 8-channel nvr from Q-See. I contacted them and they were nice enough to upgrade me to an 8-channel nvr after receiving the 4-channel nvr from Costco. I filled out an RMA and paid for shipping back to them. They shipped out this new 8-channel nvr.

Q-See, thanks for hooking me up after the fact! I got lucky this time. " title="Applause" />

205837_1.jpg

4/8/16 channel all have 4 POE ports.

So, is it just a difference in the firmware, or is it a faster processor, larger disk, or some other enhancement?

Best,

Christopher

These are very low end camaras, actually the same Aptina sensor as on the older ACM-1231 and not really a huge bargain when you consider this is closer to a TCM-1111 in features which you can buy for about $100 more and get true commercial grade camera support and software. But check out the Dahua IPC-HFW3200C, that has an awesome Sony Exmor sensor and better varifocal lens, in a different league than this camera. This camera is more for someone looking to get started and has a low budget.

Define low-end .. are these rebranded IPC-HFW2100's or lower? The 2100's I like for simple home use. At $150/ea with 100ft of cable, that's not a bad deal IMHO. You can import the 2100's for about $128/ea (cheapest I've found), and the 3200's for $280/ea. Not a big enough price difference (IMHO) to warrant ordering overseas.

Define low-end .. are these rebranded IPC-HFW2100's or lower? The 2100's I like for simple home use. At $150/ea with 100ft of cable, that's not a bad deal IMHO. You can import the 2100's for about $128/ea (cheapest I've found), and the 3200's for $280/ea. Not a big enough price difference (IMHO) to warrant ordering overseas.

Low end, meaning it doesn't have many features, it has issues with white balance, it's not in the same league as the HFW3200 which has a much better sensor, better colors, better low light performance, better illuminators, better lens, audio, alarm i/o and obviously, higher resolution.

$128 and $280 is a little on the high side from China and price difference if you are buying one camera is not a big deal, start buying a few cameras, maybe an NVR and such, the price difference adds up. Also, it's not always about price, to me it's about variety. I can get just about any camera Dahua makes in China, but U.S. resellers may only have a few to chose from.

Just received my 8-channel nvr from Q-See. I contacted them and they were nice enough to upgrade me to an 8-channel nvr after receiving the 4-channel nvr from Costco. I filled out an RMA and paid for shipping back to them. They shipped out this new 8-channel nvr.

Q-See, thanks for hooking me up after the fact! I got lucky this time. " title="Applause" />

205837_1.jpg

lowpro, how did you manage that? I spoke with Faith in customer service and Jose in sales and they wouldn't help me with a upgrade, even when I was willing to pay. Can you let me know who you spoke with?