buellwinkle

Dahua cameras now at Costco

Hi Guys.

I received an email asking me not to share any information. The person who helped me said that they would not be able to process any other upgrades. Sorry.

Hi Guys.

I received an email asking me not to share any information. The person who helped me said that they would not be able to process any other upgrades. Sorry.

well hook that baby up and add a review!

I received my Qsee unit from Costco, still setting up. Can someone verify the required voltage on the (QNC7001B) cameras? I would like to install my DLink switch but in doing so I did not want to damage the cameras.

Thank You

Chucky

I received my Qsee unit from Costco, still setting up. Can someone verify the required voltage on the (QNC7001B) cameras? I would like to install my DLink switch but in doing so I did not want to damage the cameras.

Thank You

Chucky

For this level of device, POE is POE. You'll be fine.

I haven't had time to completely set up everything. So far I only have 1 camera up. It's working great, much better than my old analog system.

I opted to use some Monoprice Cat5e that I had lying around for all the camera runs. I was a little short, so I placed an order for another 1,000ft of it. In the meantime I opened up 2 of the 100ft cables that came in the package. I used them to test my hdmi extender. It uses 2 cat5e cables to shoot it to the receiver. The extender is powered. At the monitor I was getting some digital artifacts. They would come and go as I moved the cat5 cables. I came to the conclusion that these were probably some cheap CCA stranded cables. To my surprise it was actually solid copper wire inside. In any case, the cable is just a little soft for me. Got my package of Monoprice Cat5e to run this weekend.

Just ordered one, waiting for it to arrive within a week hopefully.

Does anyone know of a good poe switch I can get to power this up and how to access the web interface?

I have been reading on camera critic's website that these nvr's sata bus can take 2 hd's? anyone tried that or know if the costco packaged nvr will support a 2nd hd in the nvr?

Can one install (daisy chain) another NVR to this 4-channel system in order to run more than 4 cameras?

Can one install other Dahua model cameras on this system or will the Q-See NVR not recognize them?

Anybody else still waiting for their lenses from DX? This week it'll be a month since I ordered.

Mine took 21 days to get. Did you get a shipping confirmation with tracking number?

Anybody else still waiting for their lenses from DX? This week it'll be a month since I ordered.

Mine took 21 days to get. Did you get a shipping confirmation with tracking number?

I'm able to get the status of the order. It says that it was fully shipped out but I don't see a tracking number for it.

It took me a long, long, long time to get the lenses from dx. They used to be faster, but things have slowed down with them. Also, don't know what effect the strike has on deliveries from China with the main two pacific ports closed for the past week.

It took me a long, long, long time to get the lenses from dx. They used to be faster, but things have slowed down with them. Also, don't know what effect the strike has on deliveries from China with the main two pacific ports closed for the past week.

Ohhh yeah, plus I'm in Los Angeles. Doh!

Can one install (daisy chain) another NVR to this 4-channel system in order to run more than 4 cameras?

Can one install other Dahua model cameras on this system or will the Q-See NVR not recognize them?

I'm waiting to see the answer to this also before I take back my 4 channel.

I'm waiting to see the answer to this also before I take back my 4 channel.

I kind of got a preliminary response from Q-See as "NO". It is not possible to daisy chain the 4-channel to another 4-channel NVR. As far as other Dahua cameras go, I still haven't gotten a response.

The 8 Channel NVR with 4 cameras goes for around $1,300. The 8 channel Q-See NVR by itself sells for around $630 on Ebay. The 4 channel Q-See NVR goes for around $500. So all-in-all, this Costco deal with the 4 cameras and 4 channel NVR for $700 is a good deal. It's not the perfect system but when I priced it out for assembling my own similar system, I was around $1,300.

For now, a 4 channel system will work for me. I don't think I need to expand it but maybe 3 years from now I might want to. By then NVR's should be a lot cheaper & better cameras will be out (5MP or higher).

For the price, this is the best HD 720p with NVR out there. It's not perfect but if it was, it wouldn't cost $700, it would be around $1,300+

I say keep it simple. Dump the 4 channel on ebay, keep the 1TB HDD. Then buy the 8 Channel (or 16) NVR from a Dahua reseller, should be about $200 + shipping.

I say keep it simple. Dump the 4 channel on ebay, keep the 1TB HDD. Then buy the 8 Channel (or 16) NVR from a Dahua reseller, should be about $200 + shipping.

Who are these Dahua resellers? I have read that a lot of companies (in the US) have stopped selling Dahua products. Maybe that is wrong. Can you tell us who sells them in the US?

why cant you daisy chain to nvrs?? crossover cable? like linking two pcs. keep it simple, just use two separate logins and settings. dns settings can be on the same user account. (noip) you will also get better frame rates.

When I use an NVR, I plug it into a TV. Sure, I could have two NVRs and use two HDMI ports but then I can't see all the cameras on one screen. You can use PSS or DSS software to do this, but then you need a PC, negating some of the benefits of an NVR.

When I use an NVR, I plug it into a TV. Sure, I could have two NVRs and use two HDMI ports but then I can't see all the cameras on one screen. You can use PSS or DSS software to do this, but then you need a PC, negating some of the benefits of an NVR.

Could you log in from one NVR to the other one if you have enough free channels for it to display them all together? Lets say I have an 8 ch nvr with 4 channels free and then I remotely add in the other 4 channels from the other nvr.

Just pondering...