buellwinkle

Dahua cameras now at Costco

I just ordered a few additional cameras on Ebay for mine.

Which cameras did you order?

I got the same ones as supplied in the bundle, the QCN7001B.

I also ordered some of the 3.6 lenses from m12lenses and they already shipped today.

Hi all,

I need to buy 2 IP cameras within the next 24 hours, so after some research I think I will buy the 2 set from Costco.

I have few questions though:

1. The range is -10c to 60c. However, where I live, temps go down to -30c (or even lower). Will it still work?

2. I would like to be able to identify if someone gets close to the door - don't care about the lawn. Is the image clear enough to see someone's face from 10ft?

3. I want to offload images offsite - to a cloud or at a friend. Can I specify an FTP port different than the standard 21?

4. Can I upload both images and videos at the same time, or must choose on the other? If yes, can I split the upload on 2 different FTPS - snapshots to a remote location and videos locally?

Thanks a lot guys!

Just curious if anyone has any experience or opinions with Q-see's 1080p dome camera. I was thinking about getting the Q-See 8 Channel system from Sam's Club plus the dome camera from Costco.

Is this compatible with the Q-see 8 channels along with the 720p cameras? Quality concerns, not sure if this is an Dahua camera? Night-time performance given that it doesn't have LEDs?

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-Platinum-HD-1080p-IP-Dome-Camera.product.100033842.html

Sams Club is now showing out of stock of the Q-SEE (QCN7001B) system. Unsure if they will get anymore in.

I should have pulled the trigger yesterday when they were in stock.

Just curious if anyone has any experience or opinions with Q-see's 1080p dome camera. I was thinking about getting the Q-See 8 Channel system from Sam's Club plus the dome camera from Costco.

Is this compatible with the Q-see 8 channels along with the 720p cameras? Quality concerns, not sure if this is an Dahua camera? Night-time performance given that it doesn't have LEDs?

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-Platinum-HD-1080p-IP-Dome-Camera.product.100033842.html

Yes it's compatible, but you may have to limit frame rate because that NVR has limits on how many 1080P cameras you can have at full frame rate. These are what most people call the Dahua ipc-hdb3200c that I reviewed about 6 months ago. It's a day only camera so unless you have a very well lit area, it may not do what you need.

Yes it's compatible, but you may have to limit frame rate because that NVR has limits on how many 1080P cameras you can have at full frame rate. These are what most people call the Dahua ipc-hdb3200c that I reviewed about 6 months ago. It's a day only camera so unless you have a very well lit area, it may not do what you need.

Thanks, I'll do some more research. This would be an indoor camera only. A "nanny" cam. I would expect that I will disable the camera during the evening when I'm at home, but leave on during the day while at work. Tho, I guess it would be active all day/night when I leave town.

I started this way using a day camera indoors, at night I left lights on when I traveled. But after a year of doing this, I gave up and got a nice indoor dome with built in illuminators. I'm using the now obsolete ACTi ACM-3511 and have been great. Dahua has their 1.3MP IR dome you can use indoors.

I noticed that COSTCO now has another Q-see dome 1080p camera. This one has the LEDs, but is $50 more expensive. Thoughts?

Q-see Dome 1080p with LED

http://www.costco.com/.product.761386.html

Q-see Mini-dome 1080p, no LED

Your first link is an analog cam, the second link is to their IP cam.

, thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize that an analog camera could be specified at 1080p. Thought that as an IP-type specification. I see that it's 1000TV lines.

I noticed that COSTCO now has another Q-see dome 1080p camera. This one has the LEDs, but is $50 more expensive. Thoughts?

Q-see Dome 1080p with LED

http://www.costco.com/.product.761386.html

Q-see Mini-dome 1080p, no LED

Your first link is an analog cam, the second link is to their IP cam.

far from being a analog camera.

:oops:, thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize that an analog camera could be specified at 1080p. Thought that as an IP-type specification. I see that it's 1000TV lines.

hi. none of the cameras listed are analog.

first link is HD sdi which at moment is 2mp which you can run over coax to a sdi recorder

second is IP camera system cat5

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum (and CCTV in general), and just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work and advice. Special thanks to Buellwinkle - his Dahua reviews were a huge education, and led me to the Costco deal and this forum in the first place.

Like many here, I was ready to pull the trigger on the 4-cam NVR bundle, but had concerns about the limitations of the 4-channel NVR. I would have probably jumped on the 8-channel bundle @ Sams for $799, but it's back up to $999 at this time, and with tax included that's above my budget.

In any case, I wanted to share that I found the 8-Channel NVR package (808-461-1) on amazon this morning for $699 with free shipping through Amazon Prime.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ANII768

They are currently out of stock, so the $1,179.99 price that shows on the main page is from a third-party seller. To buy the system at the discounted price directly through Amazon, you have to add the system to your cart from the "more buying choices" listing on the right hand side.

They are showing that the package won't ship for 2-5 weeks, but in my opinion the price is worth the wait.

I'll post back when I actually receive the order, and if there are any issues.

Thanks again for all of the knowledge!!

-rb8888

...These are what most people call the Dahua ipc-hdb3200c that I reviewed about 6 months ago. It's a day only camera so unless you have a very well lit area, it may not do what you need.

Yes, this certainly resembles my Dahua IPC-HDB3200C 2.0 MP Camera. If you have good lighting (like Buellwinkle said) I think that these cameras provide a decent image IMO.

Has anyone had success with DX.com 2.1 or 2.5 mm lens on the Costco Q-See 720??

http://dx.com/p/replacement-fixed-iris-wide-angle-lens-for-cctv-camera-2-5mm-51865

http://dx.com/p/2-1mm-160-degree-wide-angle-lens-for-security-cameras-and-webcams-15237

I ordered one of each & just now tried to change it & does not fit

I got a few 3.6mm Megapixel lenses form eBay seller tvdigital2 and they work great. He has wider lenses, but they don't say Megapixel so I didn't try them.

I've got my Costco system up and running and the leap in quality from my $300 analog system is quite impressive.

I have been trying to adjust the contrast and brightness for the cameras. If I adjust for the best daytime image the night image horrible.

Using the NVR interface it looks like you can adjust contrast/brightness/gain for two time periods. I'm assuming daytime and night. I can't get it to save the settings. If I leave the left column at 24 hours I can save the adjustments. If I mess with the time interval and try to use both columns it will not save. Has anyone been able to make this work?

file.php?id=4477

This is EXACTLY the problem I'm having at the moment. Anyone know how to get this done?

I would like to keep my camera traffic segmented off my main network. Has anyone had any luck plugging an external POE switch into one of the 4 POE ports on the QC808 to utilize the 8 channel capability of the QC808?

I am currently using the 4 POE ports on the QC808 and the cameras are in the 10.x.x.x IP range and my main network is 192.x.x.x. So the cameras are isolated to the built in POE switch in the QC808. I want more POE ports available to the QC808.

Thanks!

Look at it this way, they sell the NVR with and without the internal 4 PoE ports, so clearly you can access cameras outside the internal PoE switch, but it won't be as plug and play where the NVR assigns the IP addresses.

The NVR is now on your home network, the 192.168..., correct? When you get a PoE switch, preferably an 8 PoE port switch, you plug all the cameras into it, you setup them up with fixed IP's in your home network and configure the cameras in your NVR. Don't plug anything into the NVR's PoE ports. You've solved two problems, you can now access all the cameras directly via your home network and your NVR sees them. Be careful with 8 1080P cameras on your network, that's a lot of bandwidth. I use a PoE switch with a GigE uplink port and the NVR PC is on the GigE network. If you need one cheap, let me know, got a few refurbs for under $100.