griffonsystems

running rg59 in conduit that has 110 and 480 already there

the voltage imposing cycle noise onto the video. If you do it please post ythe results. you may need to use a isolator to clean it up?

running RG59 for video in the same conduit as high voltage, is this what you are looking to do???

110v and 480vac are already in the conduit that is available in the ground from one building to the other... that is our only way to get the video from one building to the other

I wouldnt run RG59 with high voltage, just asking for interference issues. Always run it at least 1 foot away from high voltage and lighting, sometimes needs to be more. Our biggest troubleshooting was from where electricians run the cable over a high voltage cord, having to go back in the ceiling looking for that is no fun.

Put it on fiber in the same route. Seriously, if you want no nonsense, this is the way to go. HV won't affect it at all.

as you have seen from my other post it will be in fiber for a lot of the path but from the one control cetner to the camera locations it will be rg59 in conduit... they are checking into getting it in its own conduit

NO WAY. You are going to get such bad interference. Not to mention that is against electrical code 3 different ways! bad idea!

ok it looks like we will be doing fiber in all conduit that has 110/480vac right to the cameras

its been a bit of a rollercoaster but i think fiber is the way to go after really exploring the options available

we are doing a fiber test next thursday

There is a COAX interferience box that grounds all of the shielding at the end of the run, something do do with wavelenght manipulation. Let me look thru my stuff and I'll post the name and website.

The way I see it the NEC does not allow coax with power in this situation. But really the decision is upto your local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)

Coax can be in the same raceway or enclosure with cables of any of the following (see Figure 820-16 un820-16 820-52A1a1.cdr):

Class 2 and Class 3-Article 725.

Power-limited fire alarm systems-Article 760.

Nonconductive and conductive optical fiber cables-Article 770.

Communication circuits-Article 800.

Low-power network-powered broadband communications circuits-Article 830.

Coaxial cable cannot be in any raceway or enclosure with conductors of electric light, power, or Class 1 circuits, unless:

The coaxial cable is separated from the power or Class 1 conductors by a barrier (see Figure 820-17 un820-17 820-52A1bx1.cdr).

If the power circuit conductors are introduced solely for power supply to the coaxial system distribution equipment. The power circuit conductors must have a minimum of 0.25 in. separation from the coax.

In other applications, you must separate coax by at least 2 in. from any electric light, power or Class 1 circuit conductors-unless you install those electric light, power or Class 1 circuit conductors per a Chapter 3 wiring method (raceway, metallic or nonmetallic sheath, or UF cable). See Figure 820-18 un820-18 820-52A2x1.cdr).

http://www.mikeholt.com/mojonewsarchive/NEC-HTML/HTML/Article820CodeBasics~20030214.htm

ran the test last night.. after hooking up the american fibertek trans/recr - which we mistakenly hooked up backwards first - we were able to get a nice clear picture and able to control a spec iii over a 300ft run of multimode fiber

thanks for all the advice.. next step is actually installing all 16 cameras, dvr, monitors etc