SeanMort

Ultrak / Honeywell KXR2316 DVR - Footage goes missing

Anyone experienced this with an Ultrak KXR2316U DVR of about 4 years vintage (Ver 2.5.0M) ? :

I inhereited this site where three of these DVR's are installed (approx 3 years ago), and one of them has a peculiar problem. The unit has been acting up lately in that it won't boot up properly, if at all, and then it mysteriously rights itself a few days on and carries on as normal. The client had an incident that they viewed on playback the next day, and which I was called to download a few days afterward. When I went to download the images I didn't find them, only the footage for all the days before the incident, two hour files on the day of the incident, and then it appears that the DVR stopped recording for the next three days, and then carried on recording all by itself !! . The DVR's are locked down so tampering with them, as far as I know, is not going to happen. My question is:

1. Can footage/hour files on these version DVR's be erased from the remote control or front panel ? By this I mean the individual hour files. Can it be done if the unit is not locked down ? Can it be done via a network connection ?

2. Can anyone tell me why this has happened, as apparently it has happened before (symptoms unknown). The customer is certainly not happy with this, and neither am I.

I know these DVR's are OEM'd from Pos-Watch in Korea and then "badge engineered" so it's possible the same unit has a different badge elsewhere in the world. The new version KXR2316U is a completely different unit, still made by Pos-Watch. What other problems has anyone else had with this model ? Any help / suggestions are greatly appreciated !!!!!

Found the problem !!

Opened the unit up for a second time and discovered the ribbon cable to a third drive (designated as a backup drive) was not quite seated properly. Re-seated it and got the footage. Thanks for the overwhelming response though !!

HAHAHA.

I was going to suggest checking the hard drive, is very common when having problems with recordings and such.

Yeah Yeah !! I should know better. The connector appeared to be solidly seated. But let me tell you that this DVR is organised chaos inside. To get to the ribbon connector on the backup drive requires the dexterity and fingers of a child. Ever get an uncomfortable feeling about a particular brand of DVR ?? I get this feeling.