Sign in to follow this  
rez_uk

WANTED: IP camera with 2-way audio and smartphone app

Hello,

I'm after an IP camera that supports 2-way audio and let's me talk via a smartphone app. So, if i see anyone on the camera via my smartphone I can press a button to talk via that camera.

I found a XENTA camera but it doesn't support 2-way audio chat via the smart phone:

http://www.ebuyer.com/260605-xenta-wireless-night-and-day-wireless-ip-network-camera-ip11wcolor

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rez

Mobotix + QCamPro. Works just as you described, just press and hold on iPhone/iPad/iTouch to talk, like an intercom.

Avtech cameras like the ones I reviewed on my blog are great in this regard. They will alert you via a smartphone app immediately of a motion alert using it's PIR motion sensor and play back the last 10 or so seconds of video recorded for that event. You can also view the camera live at anytime with 2 way audio. If you get one with an SD card slot, you can view recorded video. Microphone and speaker and light built into most but not all models. Their smartphone apps are called Eagleeyes, they are free and available for IOS, Blackberry and Android. i tested and actively use them on my Droid Razr, iPhone, iPad, and Google Nexus 7 pad (yes, I have to many gadgets). They only downside is they are tough to find in the U.S. and wish they had a better presence here.

As far as the cameras, excellent 1.3MP quality, maybe the best low light for a 1.3MP camera I've tested. Had them for a while in duty, never a hang or bug that go in the way of using 3 of them.

Mobotix + QCamPro. Works just as you described, just press and hold on iPhone/iPad/iTouch to talk, like an intercom.

Many thanks for this.

Avtech cameras like the ones I reviewed on my blog are great in this regard. They will alert you via a smartphone app immediately of a motion alert using it's PIR motion sensor and play back the last 10 or so seconds of video recorded for that event. You can also view the camera live at anytime with 2 way audio. If you get one with an SD card slot, you can view recorded video. Microphone and speaker and light built into most but not all models. Their smartphone apps are called Eagleeyes, they are free and available for IOS, Blackberry and Android. i tested and actively use them on my Droid Razr, iPhone, iPad, and Google Nexus 7 pad (yes, I have to many gadgets). They only downside is they are tough to find in the U.S. and wish they had a better presence here.

As far as the cameras, excellent 1.3MP quality, maybe the best low light for a 1.3MP camera I've tested. Had them for a while in duty, never a hang or bug that go in the way of using 3 of them.

Most appreciative for this. I've subscribed to your blog.