Sign in to follow this  
hondolane

anything that typically goes bad in cameras

new to forum, have a cvc6997 1/4" 420lines 6mm lorex camera thats gone bad, [1 year] [blue screen] i hate to trash anything, so i wondered if theres anything that TYPICALLY goes bad in any of these anolog cctv cameras, iv got 32 cameras[wired] watchin my building and property and enjoy it after a learning curve and original setup up problems, cables are big simese coax/power type, this is my 1st camera to fail, most are the 6996 ,and are ok after 2 years, any imput is appreciated, DVR is lorex 500gb edge, which has been ok, after giving another 1" of airspace all around it for cooling, hondo

Bad solder joints on the board.

Failed electrolytic capacitors.

Connector problems (look for corrosion too).

Water/moisture inside camera.

Power good at camera location?

thanks for the reply, thats kinda what i am looking for, iv inspected it all with a magnifying glass, but see nothing, power to camera is/was fine, in fact , i over compensated the supply capacity incase camera [NV] draws more then its specs, just wondered if 1 item in the circuit is typically suspect, hopefully i can compare each component against a known good camera when i get another, it will sit here till i find its problem, ,, mike

Are you sure it's the camera and not the cable? I recently had a situation where a building had some new tenants move in - mice - and a few cables were chewed through.

yea baby, hooked up a new camera to cable and no problem, the moneys no big deal, just curious about maybe bein able to fix this, aint that many components on these, will reply if i ever find its flaw,, thanks,, mike

Seven Steps to take photos:

1) Understand the difference between the three main types of film

2) Consider the options for your film format.

3) Look at your processing options.

4) Decide how much exposure latitude you want.

5) Decide on a film speed.

6) Decide what colors you like, and choose a film accordingly.

7) Ignore all of this article and go try some films.

iv only inspected the internals with a magnifying glass, looking for something cooked, or broken soldered joint, no tests with multimeter yet, the main heart of the camera is a 1.7" round/flat circuit board with more tiny components soldered to it then would seem possible to fit, it will sit a while before i check some more,,,