QC444

Is this ok ? -- SONY COLOR CCD 600TVL 48Led CCTV (ebay)

Anyone know if these cameras are any good ?

I don't understand how it's 1/3" and the lens is only 3.6mm ???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280945130644?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I'm not needing high end stuff. But just wondering if anyone bought one of these and if it's "decent" for low end use?

(all my current cameras are 420 TVL and this is 600TVL )

Specs

Pickup Device

1/3"SONY CCD

Horizontal Resolution

600 TVL

Pixels

PAL:752(H)×582(V)

NTSC:768(H)×492(V)

TV SYSTEM

PAL/NTSC

Lens

3.6mm

Sync System

Internal Syncronization

Usable Ⅲumination

0.000LUX/F1.2 (LED on)

S/N Ratio

≥48dB(AGC Off)

Gamma Characterlstic

Video Output

1.0Vp-p 75Ω

Scanning System

PAL:625 lines 50 Field/sec

NTSC:525 lines 60 Field/sec

Electronic Shutter Time

Auto,PAL 1/50-100,000Sec

NTSC 1/60-1/100,000Sec

White Balanc

Auto

Power Supply

DC12V±10% 600 mA

Do you usually buy stuff with no name brand? I tend to shy away from it. If they don't put there name on it, what do they have to lose if its a total pile of crap? You can get name brand cameras for $15 more.

Do you usually buy stuff with no name brand? I tend to shy away from it. If they don't put there name on it, what do they have to lose if its a total pile of crap? You can get name brand cameras for $15 more.

sometimes I do. Do you think in this case I would be getting a better camera? I'm not sure.

I was looking at their feedback and I didn't see anyone that wasn't satisfied with that particular camera.

I've found that sometimes with Name Brand you're just paying for the name but not necessarily getting any more.

Yeah, lots of people seem really happy with the $40 VideoSecu's from Amazon. I look at the night time shots and laugh.

Yeah, lots of people seem really happy with the $40 VideoSecu's from Amazon. I look at the night time shots and laugh.

Why do you laugh?

Just because im 6ft 3 doesnt mean that someone 5ft 9 couldnt do the job. You go with what you got and what works for you.

Not everyone needs the same thing you migjt

Its just funny to me when someone saved $15 and the camera is pretty much useless at night.

Well, I guess they learned a lesson.

I have 5 cameras I bought off ebay and I have to be perfectly honest....they work very well at night. They were all between $25 and $32

Granted, the max range I am trying to see is 40 ft.

But I am actually surprised at how well the IR lighting works. The cameras I have all have 48 LED's and maybe that makes a big difference?

I do agree there is some cheap garbage on ebay. People should read feedback and know at least the specs.

No doubt spending more "should" give better results. I just ordered my first 600TVL camera. All the ones I have now are 420TVL.

I'll report back after getting it on the results.

Its just funny to me when someone saved $15 and the camera is pretty much useless at night.

But I am actually surprised at how well the IR lighting works. The cameras I have all have 48 LED's and maybe that makes a big difference?

Happy with how a static scene looks or how a person who walks up to the camera looks? Most cheapos and even some not-so-cheap cams can look half decent until someone walks into the scene. Then, they're hard to identify at a distance and get badly overexposed

as they walk closer.

1/3 just the size of the image sensor,3.6mm is the lens size,they are different,

1/3 size image sensor could combine with different size of lens size,the lens generally decide the viewing distance.3.6mm could see 32.8-49.2 feet.the image sensor decide the viewing angle.1/3 CCD could see 75.7 degree horizontal ,66 degree vertical.hope they are useful for you.

I am not sure if they are really 600TVL,because the 600tvl is decided by the CCD&DSP combination,but they do not supply any information of CCD&DSP name or specification.