Sign in to follow this  
nsullivan1

Pelco 6800 Matrix Monitors

I'm adding on some monitors to my 6800 matrix. I will be using regular VGA computer monitors because I don't want the bulky old analog monitors. In the matrix manual it says to terminate the last monitor. How would I do that with bnc to vga converter?

Are you trying to run more than one monitor on each monitor output? If you are running one monitor per output, you can add a BNC T-connector with a 75 Ohm terminating resistor at the monitor, if the converter doesn't already provide a terminating load.

If you are trying to run more than one monitor from each output on the matrix, a distribution amplifier at the matrix, with individually terminated runs to each monitor would probably be your best bet, since the converters don't provide a BNC pass-through connection like a dedicated CCTV monitor will, and you may not know whether the converters provide a terminating load or not.

Are you trying to run more than one monitor on each monitor output? If you are running one monitor per output, you can add a BNC T-connector with a 75 Ohm terminating resistor at the monitor, if the converter doesn't already provide a terminating load.

If you are trying to run more than one monitor from each output on the matrix, a distribution amplifier at the matrix, with individually terminated runs to each monitor would probably be your best bet, since the converters don't provide a BNC pass-through connection like a dedicated CCTV monitor will, and you may not know whether the converters provide a terminating load or not.

One monitor per output.

How does this one look?? http://bnctovga.com/probnc.aspx

One monitor per output.

I don't have any personal experience with that model, but the specs look okay. It lists input impedance at 75 Ohms, so it should terminate the line just fine without needing to add anything else.

One monitor per output.

I don't have any personal experience with that model, but the specs look okay. It lists input impedance at 75 Ohms, so it should terminate the line just fine without needing to add anything else.

Have you ever done the three way splitter with a converter and it terminates just fine??

Without using a distribution amplifier, teeing off a single monitor output into multiple cable runs is asking for an overall dark image, and ghosting in the monitor's images.