Sign in to follow this  
TheSecurityPro

Video Balun RJ45 to BNC + DC

205061_1.png

How much would a dongle/balun like this run for individually?

This dongle converts RJ45 (Female) to BNC/DC (Male) and converts backward as well.

Much classier and simpler than most baluns you see on the market. This is a custom Balun not found anywhere else on the Internet as far as I can tell (I've seen similar ones). It has no branding on the cable or connectors.

Those things are all over the place, its not a unique design. Its a design that doesn't really work well if you have a central power supply that doesn't standard connectors.

EDIT:Actually, I am just going to manufacture an equal quantity of female DC plug versions and distribute them in pairs. This seems to be the best solution.

Now, would that work? And if so, what is the going rate for a similar pair?

It works well on the camera end, but I see what you are saying about the DC plug on the other end, because most transformers use a male DC. However, what if I were to include a Female to Female DC splitter (4 way) so that you could hook 4 cameras up with these dongles and have them all attach back to a single transformer at the DVR end? Or, they could use one of these for each camera:

205085_1.jpg

why not just use a balun like this, with both male and female barrels (in parallel):

190278_2.jpg

or these that come in pairs, with one male and one female:

205211_1.jpg

yakky is right, these types are all over the 'net, and in almost all brick-and-mortar stores.

as far as a power supply, look into something like this:

190281_1.jpg

combines power supply and multi-channel baluns into one unit - just plug one end of the cat5 in here, the end into any one of the baluns above, and away you go. 4-, 8- and 16-channel versions available.

Thanks for your input GrouchoBoucho,

You have been very informative and helpful. I am actually looking for a price range for a pair of these, if at all possible. I understand the availability on the web and different concepts that have been developed. I need a price (retail or wholesale) specifically for this particular adapter, I will be manufacturing the female power version to pair along with the current ones.