Kawboy12R

Dahua 2U hybrid DVR opinions/comparisons?

I've been considering hybrid DVRs lately and I've been wondering what the upsized model of Dahua hybrid DVR has over the entry level hybrids and NVRs. The one I'm looking at specifically is the DVR04/08/1604HF-U in the DVR1604HF-U spec (16 analog and 16 IP channels) but I imagine the user interface is the same as the 0404HF-U and 0804HF-U.

The most time I spend on my current DVR is looking over motion events at night looking for outdoor prowlers. I'd like to hear opinions on or see a video of reviewing past motion events to see how easily they can scan over events caused by bugs, fog, passing cars, deer, etc while still being able to tell if someone quickly enters my property and then (hopefully) leaves. It would be great if that nice big dial on the front were a jog dial for controlling video speed forwards and backwards but unfortunately I can't find any online manuals or videos. Well, I guess Youtube has one video in Polish showing how to add a camera to a 1604HF-U.

Here is a link to the model I'm thinking about- http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/dvr0404-0804-1604hf-u-10.html

I'd consider other hybrids that support motion detection on Dahua cameras as well. That seems to leave out Aver. Not sure on 3xLogic's MVR series because I can't find a supported IP camera list. Anything else out there to consider?

Dahua_DVR1604HF-U.jpg.6e4a4266051f5b78c0a34e71270f572f.jpg

About Dahua Hybrid DVR, if you need manual, pls PM to me, i will send it to you.

Another, you have to think about, if you use Dahua hybrid dvr ,connect with others brand IP Cameras, then can not use motion detection function, only uses Dahua own IP Cameras to run.

Because even Dahua supports ONVIF 2.0 protocol, still can not compatible with all IP Cameras.

Done Cherry. Thx.

Oh, if anybody is interested in the 3xLogic stuff, they do have a list of supported cameras here. Thx to Erron at 3xLogic for the prompt reply.

The most time I spend on my current DVR is looking over motion events at night looking for outdoor prowlers. I'd like to hear opinions

I too spend quite a bit of time reviewing recorded video at several locations. Avigilon allows you to expand/compress the timeline to any duration and quickly scrub the timeline with as many cameras in the view as you want. No other NVR has the feature, and once you use it, you really miss it when using another NVR. I'm waiting for Dahua or some other vendor to offer low-priced cameras that are sufficiently ONVIF compliant to work with Avigilon.

Best,

Christopher

Sounds like Avigilon has a nice review interface. They don't seem to have anything in a hybrid product geared to the home and small business owner though. I also have issues with purchasing products and services from a company with what seems to be a sliding price scale and some reps that aren't always professional. It could be a bad combination. If I wanted to run a PC with all IP cameras though, their NVR software does seem like a major contender.

As far as Dahua and ONVIF compliancy goes, all it would require would be an interested person at Avigilon with some time and a Dahua camera in their hands to give it personalized support rather than hope that Avigilon's and Dahua's interpretation of ONVIF would mesh sometime in the future. From what I can gather, ONVIF support isn't the be-all and end-all of universal camera standardization that it hopes to be. I bet that Avigilon would sell a lot more software if it supported mass-market cams like Dahuas for use in tighter-budget applications.

Sounds like Avigilon has a nice review interface. They don't seem to have anything in a hybrid product geared to the home and small business owner though.

It's easy to build your own hybrid using the Avigilon video encoders. Avigilon is in another league compared to Dahua both in features and price, so if you are looking for the least expensive system on the market, then don't test the Avigilon timeline. It's exactly what you are looking for regarding the ability to rapidly review hours of video and you will be disappointed when you install something else.

Best,

Christopher