b44kwz

Dahua NVR3216-P and IPC-HFW3200C

Hi,

I bought NVR3216-P and IPC-HFW3200C from alibaba.

I can't use iDMSS plus video playback with NVR3216.

The firmware : NVR3216 - 2.610.0000.0; Build 2012-7-6

IPC-HFW3200C ( PAL) - 2.100.0000.6.R, build : 2012-05-04

Are these the latest versions ?

Can somebody, please, help me with the latest firmware versions ?

Thanks

Your firmware version almost is the latest, about iDMSS, did you forward ports by router?

yes, I can view real time video.

I can't play playback ....

I wrote on Dahua web site and they said I need firmware update for iDMSS plus playback

enable recording for the extra stream ( i don't remember exactly where the option is, but this will do;)

Recording for the extra stream is enable . When I try to playback from iPhone I have the error : "It does not support the resolution over D1 /CIF ..." . Also , on iDMSS Plus , at Device Manager when I try to use Channel Config I receive "System does not support the device " . On real time monitor is ok .

I wrote on Dahua online support and they said me " need special NVR firmware that support extra stream record." .

On my device I have extra stream record ... I think there is a firmware bug ...

Can somebody help me with firmware update ?

What firmware version is the latest for nvr3216 and IPC-HFW3200C ?

Thanks

Unfortunately, Dahua's customer support is non-existent. No firmware, no technical support, only what you can get through the vendor, and if that's not good - well, you're out of luck!

They really need to do something about that if they want to play with the big boys.

They are the big boys, the largest surveillance camera company in the world, but they don't sell to consumers or resellers. They sell OEM and expect the OEM to handle support. For example, Q-See is an OEM of Dahua cameras and Dahua expects you to go to Q-See for service and support. Think of it like buying an iPad, who do you go to for support, the manufacturer, Foxconn in China, or the distributor, Apple?

But if you buy gray market cameras from people that buy cameras in bulk in China and then sell then on eBay without Dahua's authorization, you have to do due dillegence to see if they provide the resources to support you like a website with all the downloadables like manuals, firmware, software, a viable warranty and a help desk.

probably well know DAHUA resellers (like QSEE) are more expensive then alibaba (DUH!)... so people go the cheap way, blinded by the price

and then they start spamming and searching the forums for help; sometimes, i think the price difference is less than the time spent on searching/digging

but, just my opinion!

probably well know DAHUA resellers (like QSEE) are more expensive then alibaba (DUH!)... so people go the cheap way, blinded by the price

and then they start spamming and searching the forums for help; sometimes, i think the price difference is less than the time spent on searching/digging

but, just my opinion!

In my country these 2 products cost 1150 E, on alibaba I payed 510 $ for both.

Do you think the price difference is low ?

I hope somebody will help me with the firmware update .

If the price differences wasn't so huge I would have bough from a reseller .

Thanks.

it's not the first time you ask for firmware updates - last time you got the same answer from a couple of members: firmware updates for DAHUA are hard to impossible to find (if i remember well, that was your first question around here)

well, for that difference probably you would've got the update instantly... now you have to wait for someone to give it to you (or dig it by yourself through the web)- but, as i do know, DAHUA's resellers don't release updates directly on WEB - so that means waiting for someone to make an "in-house" update package

Be very careful with Dahua firmware updates you may get from another reseller/oem, you can easily brick these camera, and then it won't seem so cheap. Go back to where you bought it from and ask them for it.

Again, this is my point.

I have a Dahua brand camera, labeled Dahua. Bought it on ebay as a Dahua camera. Internal identification strings and model numbers are Dahua. I go to the Dahua website - no support.

I have multiple Vivoteks, Areconts, a Messoa, an IQInvision, and two Avermedia boards, all bought used. I can go to any of these manufacturer's websites and get the latest software, manuals, find technical support, etc.

Next problem - If I want a Dahua HFW-2100, how do I find one? I can get an (Dahua - lol, it auto-replaces with Dahua!) or an Empire, but these aren't listed as HFW-2100s, but as their own brand. This is a word-of-mouth connection; not exactly what I'd call inspired marketing.

Finally, if I find out that the JoeCam Turbo 1.3 is an HFW-2100, order a few, and Joe closes down shop, I'm stuck holding the bag. Joe may not even be an authorized reseller, but only claimed to be.

Apple? If I buy an iPad, Apple doesn't make me go to Best Buy or Target for my tech support and updates - I get it from them, even if I bought it used on ebay. Same with most tech gear these days.

I understand Dahua's approach, and don't agree with it. No matter how you slice it, Dahua provides no technical support to users, and I think that's a big mistake.

YMMV, as always.

DAHUA branded camera bought on eBay? Out of warranty and support - through DAHUA's website statement.

Ever contacted DAHUA for a reseller for your zone for one of their products and they didn't answer?

3rd, are you sure that DAHUA doesn't deliver products to (only) well known/good resellers that have a future, so you'll not look for support on the Sun?

But Apple will not provide updates for a stolen/cloned product, right?

Same goes here... since products are bought from China, you will never know if it's a DAHUA clone or a DAHUA original product. (BTW, would you ever buy an iPhone from China and expect software updates?)

The fact is simple: people try to outrun local dealers; people go for cheap security, but they pay lots of money for a smartphone.

BTW, for B44KWZ, is Ukraine in EU? or you just faked your location (for some free support, maybe)?

Throw it in the garbage

I do plenty of that.

I've done it a few times myself, but still not a ringing endorsement of Dahua support...

btw, why did you buy it from eBay?

Because that's where I buy most of my cameras, and that's where people were buying them at the time. Again, I usually buy used, so ebay's the place for that. In general, I've had good luck, since most vendors provide support on their websites.

In the past, that was one of the differentiating factors between the no-name imports and the name brands - manufacturer support on the website.

Finding the camera you want by Dahua model number is not always easy, since the re-branding vendors call them something else, and google searches come up with lots of alibaba links.

Apparently there are official vendors now selling Dahua branded cams, so it's not clear where their marketing team is going with this...

are you sure it's ok to put "luck" in front of the security ideea?

would you change your car brakes with "lucky" one from eBay?

Last car part I bought was on eBay and yes, I would buy brake pads on eBay if that was the best price and change them myself using tools I got on eBay on a jackstand with a 4,000 lbs car above my head. OK, I exaggerated, the jack stands were from Pep Boys, best that $20 would buy.

I've bought used surveillance cameras on eBay from as far away as Venezuala, probably used by Hugo Chavez himself. I've sold used surveillance cameras on eBay. But I would not buy new cameras on eBay as I can get them cheaper through my sources.