n0fx

Anyone try the Dahua IPC-HF3100 1.3MP IP box camera?

Has anyone tried or tested the Dahua IPC-HF3100 1.3MP IP box camera? I'm looking for a 1.3MP or 720P camera that I can use with a 1/3" CS mount lens. I want to use it with a 5-50mm lens, so that I can zoom up at a gate for a house.

IPC-HF3100-3101b.thumb.jpg.9fbec3bfcc8421725b6ae4099c8a07e4.jpg

I tested it before, you should use megapixel lens to get good quality with this megapixel camera. Normally Dahua 1.3mp means 720P quality. If you want to zoom the lens, should buy DC lens.

I tested it before, you should use megapixel lens to get good quality with this megapixel camera. Normally Dahua 1.3mp means 720P quality. If you want to zoom the lens, should buy DC lens.

Do you have any sample images for the camera? What do you mean megapixel lens? Are they different than the standard lenses used with analog cameras?

Do you have any sample images for the camera? What do you mean megapixel lens? Are they different than the standard lenses used with analog cameras?

Sorry, i don't have image to show you. The megapixel camera can use standard lens used with analog camera. but we know analog camera maximum 700tvl right now, under the 1.0 megapixel quality.

So if use standard lens with megapixel camera, you can not see real megapixel quality, but some customers accept, because it's cheap.

Megapixel lens is special for megapixel camera, to get perfact and complete megapixel quality.

Sorry, i don't have image to show you. The megapixel camera can use standard lens used with analog camera. but we know analog camera maximum 700tvl right now, under the 1.0 megapixel quality.

So if use standard lens with megapixel camera, you can not see real megapixel quality, but some customers accept, because it's cheap.

Megapixel lens is special for megapixel camera, to get perfact and complete megapixel quality.

Oh thanks. I did see that vendors online are selling "megapixel" type lenses, which is good to know. Do you have any recommendations for brands for lenses?

I have heard the term "Megapixel Lens" before and it seems a marketing ploy.

Doesn't it just mean the previous lenses were really bad but the cameras were so bad you couldn't tell?

I have heard the term "Megapixel Lens" before and it seems a marketing ploy.

Doesn't it just mean the previous lenses were really bad but the cameras were so bad you couldn't tell?

It means exactly that. SD cameras are tolerant of lower quality lenses. MP cameras can see the difference, so it isn't a pure marketing ploy. Not all lenses are created equal.

As any photographer will tell you, "it's all in the glass". The same holds true for IP MP cameras. You can have a $2K MP camera, but throw a crappy lens on it, and you now have a crappy $2K camera. Of course, that doesn't mean you can throw a $500 lens on a $200 camera and get great results...