Sign in to follow this  
richuk123

Acti TCM3511 IR Bleed.

First one of these cameras i installed doesn't suffer at all, although do have another issue with its night noise levels. Hooked up 2nd one today and got this tonight!

205627_1.jpg

Not best pleased with it. Will have to try again. Doesn't help that the camera has the known dome attachment - moving the lens issue

These are a PITA to get perfect, I know, I have two ACM-3511. As you put the dome on, it pushes the gasket and the lens, drives one crazy for sure. There's an article with tips that may help. Go to www.acti.com and click support and knowledge base and search for the word dome and there's one called "Tips for 3-Inch Dome Installation". Hope that helps. I got so frustrated on one I just left the dome off and I get a great picture, better than the other one that's installed perfectly with the dome.

I've got a lot of these installed and I cringe everytime I have to touch them again. 2 AXIS does not help either.

Anyhow, It seems you have that lens all the way up, unless it's mounted to a wall. No need to capture the ceiling and vent work unless you want to watch someone scale the rafters

Try lowering the lens a little and use a lint free cloth to be sure there is no residue or particles on the rubber lens gasket. As I mentioned I have a lot of these installed and do not have too many issues with the same type glare you have here.

It's tricky to adjust these but after a couple of them you get used to the tricks to align them.

I do find them noisy at night as well. Lower the AGC helps a bit and of course bringing the shutter to 1/5 does as well but any movement at all is a complete blurr at that speed.

Thanks both.

Anyhow, It seems you have that lens all the way up, unless it's mounted to a wall. No need to capture the ceiling and vent work unless you want to watch someone scale the rafters

Yes it is mounted on a wall. Would have it lower, but was running late fitting it and every time I twisted the dome on, having first offset it to account for movement, the bl**dy thing rose up towards the dome centre. I mounted the body with the Acti logo facing up the wall, opposite to viewing point. This was because the surface cable exit suited better that way. I am going to turn it round the right way to see if the dome has a tighter fit. I assumed it would be no difference??

I do find them noisy at night as well. Lower the AGC helps a bit and of course bringing the shutter to 1/5 does as well but any movement at all is a complete blurr at that speed.

Will try that too. But as you say motion blur is an issue too. Will also try additional IR lamp.