liukuohao

Nuuo Camera Support List - a real joke (Don't Get Fool)

Dear Fellow Members

I would like to raise your attention in dealing with Nuuo products.

When you are building a project with Nuuo products- just be careful with their camera support

list. Don't put your 100% faith in the list. They are bound to have have errors, and

compatibility issue in the camera hardware. This will sound unbelievable but it is true!

When the list stated your particular model camera, it does not mean, it is 100% support.

Yes, this is a fact.

As a System Integrator or even a End User, knowing the camera is supported by Nuuo, does

not mean it will work 100%. In other words, there can be a error listing the cameras which

are supported by Nuuo.

My advice is to purchase 1 unit of the IP camera and test it out fully first with Nuuo, before

rolling out your project to your customer premise. This will save you a lot of hassle, just in

case the camera model suffers a compatibility issue with Nuuo.

You just cannot trust the Nuuo technical team to test all the cameras listed to be working

reliable with Nuuo.

If in case, the camera listed on the list say it supported, but later you discovered it

is not, then at least you have discovered the fault for 1 unit and not 10s or 20s of them

which you might buy in bulk, in order to get discount from camera distributors.

Ok, if you notice that camera is not fully working with Nuuo and yet it is listed as supported,

then you just have to accept this fact:

First, Nuuo will not admit there is a error in their publicly posted camera support list.

Nuuo will not entertain camera incompatibility or whatever issue coming from the camera.

(You might say how ridiculous! It is supported as shown on the list, but now have problems

with it, and Nuuo will not assist in getting it solved)

Since the camera is not design and built by Nuuo, they will request you to approach the

respective camera manufacturer to resolve the issue which you may have when integrating

with Nuuo products.

Good luck.

Hi vin2install

New camera firmware can break integration. It might not be entirely NUUO's fault. What they tested at that time could have been changed sometime in the future.

I would like to comment this a bit.

Very true, when a new firmware comes out, and you download it, the latest firmware

and uploaded to the camera, guess what?... the Nuuo VMS does not know the latest

firmware and hence could not support it well. This is an ongoing problem with other

WMS software in the market as well. Doesn't it?

But let me bring back your attention here......

The TRUTH is even if it is stated that the actual camera firmware which is typed

out clearly on the list, DO NOT TAKE IT AS IT IS - OH IT IS GOING TO WORK SINCE

CAMERA FIRMWARE IS LISTED- TO BE 100% SURE, YOU NEED TO REALLY TEST

IT ON YOUR OWN BEFORE RECOMMENDING YOUR CUSTOMER TO BUY.

Edited by Guest

And that is why I like ExacqVision and Exacq supported camera list

Very true, but customer coming from a developing country may not able to afford of paying a yearly subscription fee (per camera basis) of maintaining the ExacqVision software upgrade.

In our currency, we need to pay 3 times more in USD conversion.

Not a fan of NUUO, tried it and wouldn't work with half my cameras, even different models of the same brand and support was poor. NUUO's best attribute is their marketing that compensates for a mediocre product. Or as I like to say, they have best brochures in the business.

Not a fan of NUUO, tried it and wouldn't work with half my cameras, even different models of the same brand and support was poor. NUUO's best attribute is their marketing that compensates for a mediocre product. Or as I like to say, they have best brochures in the business.

I am not sure whether Nuuo is the greatest product, but somehow they are still in business,

may be striving or may be struggling, your guess is good as mine. But I have to say this

the GUI is really simple to manage and to configure, if you know the way around it after

reading the guide.

But from my experience, if you paid for a VMS, then normally, you get better software support

than those camera that offers FREE VMS (bundle together).

If you think Nuuo is bad, you can try ACTi free VMS- ACTi NVR v2.3 Enterprise, its VMS is so

buggy that I think the helpdesk officer was sicked of answering my questions.

But I cannot comment on the newest ACTi NVR v3.0 though, because I have not personally try

it. So to cut the whole story short, after using it for a year or 2, I suggested my customer to

switch to Nuuo instead.

My customer has a number of ACTi camera installed from VGA to 1.3MP, so far no problem.

Comparing to the ACTi free VMS, Nuuo was able to use up less storage space even though

the motion detection area on each camera is configured the same on both VMS software.

The biggest surprise, is that Nuuo VMS is not as CPU hogging as ACTi free VMS.

The old ACTi v2.3 was bad. It relied on SQL Server and IIS and never ran perfect. Their new NVR 3.0 is very good in comparison. Dead on reliable, extremely low memory and CPU, you can scrub the timeline in real time and watch 4 (or more) cameras all work in unison. Their NVR's are even better. But you are limited to ACTi cameras. Support is actually quite good. I reported a series of bugs in the first release, they fixed them all in a maintenance release a month later.

I could not get NUUO software to work with all my ACTi cameras which surprised me. Also, didn't like the interface that much and CPU use was quite high.

I reported a series of bugs in the first release, they fixed them all in a maintenance release a month later.

Yes, you are right about this, I too was another "lab mouse" during the time

when ACTi NVR v2.3 was the only free VMS that ACTi offer, I too reported

numerous software bugs and the end, I just had enough, I couldn't keep up

with the numerous of patches that I need to apply on my customer's CCTV

PC. So, ACTi NVR v3 is no different, same goes with their ACTi cameras,

month after month, a new firmware will release to fix software bugs.

I could not get NUUO software to work with all my ACTi cameras which surprised me. Also, didn't like the interface that much and CPU use was quite high.

Hmmm.... not sure, why you have so much trouble in getting ACTi cameras

working with Nuuo. I wonder if you have the latest device pack upgrade on

Nuuo before you are try to get your ACTi camera to work?

Which model of ACTi camera you trying to work last time?

Is Nuuo really a CPU hogging VMS software? Really?

Currently, I have a Nuuo PC running

1)Axis 207MW 1.3MP 15fps MPEG4

2)Axis 207MW 1.3Mp 15fps MPEG4

3) ACTi ACM5611 1.3MP 8fps MPEG4

4) ACTi ACM3411 1.3MP 8fps MPEG4

5) ACTi ACM3411 1.3MP 8fps MPEG4

6) Vivotek IP738 1.3MP 8fps MJPEG

7) Vivotek IP7131 VGA 25fps MPEG4

Plus Nuuo H/W compression card SCB-7008 = connected to 6 analogue cameras.

And the CPU usage is around about 50-60% = Is that consider to be HIGH?

i've had issues with Nuuo in the past. I've had the problem with the camera being too high of a firmware version for Nuuo to support it.

The last straw was a software version upgrade that screwed up the way the files are written, and it then broke the auto recycle function. The DVR was on my test bench for 2 months while Nuuo would teamviewer in every day to fiddle. Problem was it was for a gaming room and i couldnt just delete the footage and reload.

Ive also come across one sight that has 19 acti cameras and the NVR struggles... i think its on the 2.3 version. Ill look at upgrading it to V3

So glad Ive now moved over to Avigilon. Nothing ever seems to compare anymore. I couldnt recommend anything else to my clients.

Ive also come across one sight that has 19 acti cameras and the NVR struggles... i think its on the 2.3 version. Ill look at upgrading it to V3

I think V3.0 will open your eyes, it's a total re-write. Easier install, easier to use, more features and all for the same price as V2.3.

I think after reading some of the feedbacks from the forum members,

I can conclude Nuuo technical team does not bother to update Nuuo

software to be fully compatible with the latest camera firmware.

Seeing that Nuuo support a ton of well know IP cameras in the market,

I suppose they couldn't afford the time nor the manpower to keep

updating its VMS software to work with firmware updated cameras.

If they do, they will do it haphazardly and not thoroughly.

Alright then, to the Avigilon fans out there,

Here is my question:

Does Avigilon Control Center (ACC) comes with a yearly upgrade maintenance program?

You know, you need to pay a yearly fee, so that your VMS can be updated to

use the newest camera in the market?

I see that ACC comes with 3 version?

What would the cost be of the CORE and STANDARD?

Thanks.

I think V3.0 will open your eyes, it's a total re-write. Easier install, easier to use, more features and all for the same price as V2.3.

Yes, you are definitely right, ACTi NVR v3 is not an upgrade

version of ACTi NVR v2.3 Enterprise.

ACTi NVR v3.0 is completely NEW VMS and NEW GUI.

Why? You may ask, because in my gut feeling,

ACTi has received so much complaints /negative feedbacks

about the buggy ACTi NVR v2.3 Enterprise that finally,

ACTi decided that they need to come up something new.

Alright then, to the Avigilon fans out there,

Here is my question:

Does Avigilon Control Center (ACC) comes with a yearly upgrade maintenance program?

No,u pay once upgrades are FREE

I see that ACC comes with 3 version?

What would the cost be of the CORE and STANDARD?

PM me your info

I will call you

Thanks.

I think after reading some of the feedbacks from the forum members,

I can conclude Nuuo technical team does not bother to update Nuuo

software to be fully compatible with the latest camera firmware.

Seeing that Nuuo support a ton of well know IP cameras in the market,

I suppose they couldn't afford the time nor the manpower to keep

updating its VMS software to work with firmware updated cameras.

If they do, they will do it haphazardly and not thoroughly.

you should do a big favor for the avigilon boosters, and avoid it as well. i foresee the first time some third-rate camera manufacturer updates firmware and breaks avigilon support, you'll be in here ranting in big letters that avigilon should have seen it coming and prepared for it months in advance. i just imagine the tear you'll go on when they don't dedicate every resource they have to fixing the problem within minutes.

avigilon fanbois, you may mark my words.

some people will never be satisfied.

I generally only quote Avigilon cameras with Avigilon VMS.

That way I don't have any 3rd rate camera issues.

I agree, only Avigilon cameras should use Avigilon software, same with Geovision, same with Vivotek, same with Axis, same with ACTi. It' silly to expect a camera company to support other brands in anywhere near the fashion they support their own.

That's why if you have a mixed bag of cameras, chose a product that's agnostic and supports all cameras with the same viligance. If you are true to a brand, then use their software as usually nothing works better.

I have some systems in the field with ACTI, Axis, Arecont cameras and Avigilon VMS without issue. Using 3rd party cameras with Avigilon is no more difficult then using cameras with Exacq or other VMS providers you need to have support and the right firmware.

We are also starting a very large project which we are taking Panasonic, IQI, Sony, Arecont, Axis cameras into Avigilon but all new cameras will be Avigilon.

yeah, that's a great idea - instead of picking the proper camera for any given usage, always use the same brand as your vms. might as well go back to a f**king costco package system with proprietary connectors.

you know, there's one major vms i work with (which shall remain nameless) that has their own brand of cameras as well - well, they're actually oem'd from a well-known asian name - and they're horrid in every regard. pita to install, pita to configure... firmware updates not only break integration, they also sometimes break the setup utility. at least twice i've been sent to site with a new model of camera and found the version of the setup tool i had wouldn't work properly with it.

'always use the same brand vms and cameras' - what a cop-out.

Funny I have a customer with hundreds of megapixel cameras with Onssi. This customer has been using IP CCTV for a long time and the are sick of the issues they have had to deal with. We showed them Avigilon did our first install for them (all Avigilon) in record time and with zero issues. We will now be doing installs at 125 locations for them with all Avigilon and will keep us busy for years. If this is a cop-out I will take them all day long.

Avigilon has many many cameras including encoders, domes, bullets , box, 180/360, PTZ and the highest resolution single imager cameras on the market. I have yet to have a customer that we didn't have a solution for.

Dear Fellow Members

I would like to raise your attention in dealing with Nuuo products.

When you are building a project with Nuuo products- just be careful with their camera support

list. Don't put your 100% faith in the list. They are bound to have have errors, and

compatibility issue in the camera hardware. This will sound unbelievable but it is true!

When the list stated your particular model camera, it does not mean, it is 100% support.

Yes, this is a fact.

As a System Integrator or even a End User, knowing the camera is supported by Nuuo, does

not mean it will work 100%. In other words, there can be a error listing the cameras which

are supported by Nuuo.

My advice is to purchase 1 unit of the IP camera and test it out fully first with Nuuo, before

rolling out your project to your customer premise. This will save you a lot of hassle, just in

case the camera model suffers a compatibility issue with Nuuo.

You just cannot trust the Nuuo technical team to test all the cameras listed to be working

reliable with Nuuo.

If in case, the camera listed on the list say it supported, but later you discovered it

is not, then at least you have discovered the fault for 1 unit and not 10s or 20s of them

which you might buy in bulk, in order to get discount from camera distributors.

Ok, if you notice that camera is not fully working with Nuuo and yet it is listed as supported,

then you just have to accept this fact:

First, Nuuo will not admit there is a error in their publicly posted camera support list.

Nuuo will not entertain camera incompatibility or whatever issue coming from the camera.

(You might say how ridiculous! It is supported as shown on the list, but now have problems

with it, and Nuuo will not assist in getting it solved)

Since the camera is not design and built by Nuuo, they will request you to approach the

respective camera manufacturer to resolve the issue which you may have when integrating

with Nuuo products.

Good luck.

Hi Liu,

We know exactly what you are talking about. We faced the same problem too!