craigandrew

Sony Effio-E Super HAD 700TVL ANY GOOD

It's a Chinese no-name cam with a rock-bottom price that you're buying sight-unseen. They look like a good company to deal with though. 100% EBay rating, they've been in business for a while, plus they've got a retail showroom in Manchester. If you're close then go visit, or maybe ask them if they have a good demo video of the camera online somewhere. If the video quality is good enough for you, you can buy a whole bunch of them for the price of a good name brand PTZ though. Pitch 'em when they die and add reinstallation costs to the total cost of ownership. Look up some prices on Axis PTZs to make yourself feel better.

It's a Chinese no-name cam with a rock-bottom price that you're buying sight-unseen. They look like a good company to deal with though. 100% EBay rating, they've been in business for a while, plus they've got a retail showroom in Manchester. If you're close then go visit, or maybe ask them if they have a good demo video of the camera online somewhere. If the video quality is good enough for you, you can buy a whole bunch of them for the price of a good name brand PTZ though. Pitch 'em when they die and add reinstallation costs to the total cost of ownership. Look up some prices on Axis PTZs to make yourself feel better.

nice price. but you get what you pay for in this life,

one more question am i better of useing cat5 cable or coaxial cable for the best picture,

I'd run cat 5e with power/video/audio baluns. Pic should be at least as good and it'll be dirt simple to switch to IP later on. Plus if you get your own crimper and a 1000' box of cat5e then you'll be able to run network cable wherever you want in the future. That's just the bonus, but then I use any excuse to buy more tools.

I'd skip them. No name, for how much savings? You can buy Qvis Eye34's for about $70. They have a real DSP and a company that is confident enough to put their name on the unit.

I, ve just installed one of these ptz cameras and to be honest i am really impressed with the quality for the price i paid, the night view is crystal clear aswell and the ptz function is fast and easy to use.

The other thing i like is the dome is a very small and inconspicuous so it doesnt look out of place when installed, if they sold this camera with the 27x zoom id treat myself to one tomorrow especially if it was the same tiny sized dome

On the whole tho id highly recommend this camera and can vouch for its viewing quality and hope ive been of some help