carcol_123

Interference

I have a camera at each end of my garage and one in my car port, one of the garage camera and the car port camera get there 12 volt supply from the same s/socket, the other garage camera gets its supply from the garage, this camera at night shows the interference badly and slightly on the other 2, i have fitted ground loop isolators to all the cameras, which has not solved the situation. Has anybody an ideas how to get rid of the interference, would suppling the faulty camera with the same 12 volt supply as the others solve the problems

What do you mean interference do you mean noise or rolling lines or what?

I have inch wide bands that move up the screen which is more prominent at night the other two have the interference but not as bad, but if i disconnect the offending camera by switching off the supply to it,then the other two are fine

I have inch wide bands that move up the screen which is more prominent at night the other two have the interference but not as bad, but if i disconnect the offending camera by switching off the supply to it,then the other two are fine

sounds to me like a grounding issue from the problem camera psu try a different power supply

sounds to me like a grounding issue from the problem camera psu try a different power supply

Yes the issues are certainly sounding like an electrically generated issue.

By the way if your cameras support 24V AC you'd be better off using it in place of 12V DC.

There are two things that immediately spring to mind the first being ground loops, If you tried the humdingers or loop eliminators and they had no effect that suggests there could be a faulty power supply. If you use a single box power supply, (very big culprits) the type with fuses, try removing one camera from it and see if an alternative regulated 12V DC or (24V AC as appropriate) power source causes the problem to disappear from that camera/channel. Try this even if your power supply is new, you'd be amazed how many times I turned up to sort out problems for self-installers only to discover their new power supply was either faulty or poorly earthed.

They all say Oh, but its brand new. I think it's called being in denial.

If you buy one of these boxed power supplies, there are some great ones out there but there also a lot more cheap and nasty ones that will not give you good performance from day one, better to spend the appropriate money. Here in the UK I recommend Dantech

206454_1.jpg

picture shows a typical far eastern Power Supply Distribution Box with very high fault rate.

do you mean i have to get the 12volt supply for all 3 cameras from the same supply socket, via say the Dantech distribution board

If a method of working works and gives a good result who is to say it's wrong? Single boxed power supply and distribution boards are popular because of their convenience but get a good one if you get one as they can develop faults.

The Dantech PSU's are very affordable and have the benefit of locating all the power supply lines and fuses at one single location and they also all share a single potential to earth. This is helpful in avoiding ground loops but not the whole answer.

Sometimes and it's happened to me, a cheap boxed power supply goes faulty (or is faulty out of the box) and can CREATE interference like rolling lines If you are suffering rolling lines across all channels and using a single power supply, the power supply is an item you should check first.

Conversely if you are using several power supplies, a single one can be faulty and cause all the other channels to display a fault, but there's more to check out. It's not an easy fault to remove and takes trial and error, but the point is it's not always a earth loop.

Hi, what about fuzzy dots, what kind of noise is this and best way to solve it? Only happens at night but really quite bad

Cams are 12v and power from a 5A 6 way power supply. No IR

No IR

That's the cause. Some cameras without IR will have noise reduction settings that can help. But adding more exterior light to what the camera is watching should help improve the picture quality at night.

This is on a samsung starlight cam though. I have a no name cam and its much better at night in the same spot. there are street lamps etc

What happens when you switch cables or camera locations? Seems like a low light noise issue though.

Edit- I know you said same spot, but I'm just making sure that the cable got tested with a known good one. Also, sometimes crappy cams are so crappy at night they don't show noise, they just blur.

I went from cheap all in one cable to RG59 then i went out and got some good cat5e with genie balun. I also have a line down the screen when its low light. i sent an email to the guy i got it from and he said its my cables but ive changed them 3 times now making it an expensive run!

The cam is : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300522960900?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

On my other cheaper no name cams the live view isnt as good as the recorded however the samsung is about the same with alot more noise, ive had ago at changing the settings.

Also when i could get a better picture it was in colour (still very bad) its as if there was a spotting blur on movement the would follow them about, you couldnt make any detail on faces even the vari focal lense is very close to the faces. All recording settings are on max, i even tried own power supply etc.

I got a 940nm IR but the bloody thing dont pick it up lol

I'd get him to tell you the proper settings to get a clean image in low light. If his settings don't work then after three cable changes I'd send it back. From the specs it looks like it should be a pretty good cam without much light.

do you mean i have to get the 12volt supply for all 3 cameras from the same supply socket, via say the Dantech distribution board

If a method of working works and gives a good result who is to say it's wrong? Single boxed power supply and distribution boards are popular because of their convenience but get a good one if you get one as they can develop faults.

The Dantech PSU's are very affordable and have the benefit of locating all the power supply lines and fuses at one single location and they also all share a single potential to earth. This is helpful in avoiding ground loops but not the whole answer.

Sometimes and it's happened to me, a cheap boxed power supply goes faulty (or is faulty out of the box) and can CREATE interference like rolling lines If you are suffering rolling lines across all channels and using a single power supply, the power supply is an item you should check first.

Conversely if you are using several power supplies, a single one can be faulty and cause all the other channels to display a fault, but there's more to check out. It's not an easy fault to remove and takes trial and error, but the point is it's not always a earth loop.

I have a camera at each end of my garage and one in my car port, one of the garage camera and the car port camera get there 12 volt supply from the same s/socket, the other garage camera gets its supply from the garage, this camera at night shows the interference badly and slightly on the other 2, i have fitted ground loop isolators to all the cameras, which has not solved the situation. Has anybody an ideas how to get rid of the interference, would suppling the faulty camera with the same 12 volt supply as the others solve the problems

Did you check the power supply on the Garage? Change to big Amp. The IR suck more juice.