Razer_SE

Any feedback on the new E31 bullet from Acti yet?

Has anyone had experience with the new E31 bullet from ACTi yet, or is it too new? I use a lot of the 1111 camera now and was wondering how the E31 compares. Anyone know the sensor size comparison or other details yet? I have looked but not found that info yet, and no reviews that I've seen either. I may just get one and try it I suppose.

The camera tail is just a removable tail so you can run the wire directly into the back of the camera as normal if you want. Not sure why the heck they did that, but I might use the tail as all my cameras are box mounted anyway so I can use it either way I suppose.

Agree it's odd though, and I despise those cheap mounts but coming with any mount is better than no mount at all I guess?

Thewireguys, weren't you going to ISC East which I believe is today. If you pass the ACTi booth, ask them about availability of all their new cameras including their recently annouced 1080P PTZ speed dome.

The camera tail is just a removable tail so you can run the wire directly into the back of the camera as normal if you want. Not sure why the heck they did that, but I might use the tail as all my cameras are box mounted anyway so I can use it either way I suppose.

Agree it's odd though, and I despise those cheap mounts but coming with any mount is better than no mount at all I guess?

I think you have to cut the cable IF they have a RJ45 at the other end. If it is the same design as the old 1231 you could not pass a cat5 cable with a RJ-45 end on it though the Cable Gland.

The fixed that since the TCM-1231 and yes, very annoying trying to crimp an rj45 on a ladder.

On the new E** cameras where are the connections for audio and I/Os?. The only reason I can think that they did what they did so you could bench test the camera without having to dissemble them.

No problems crimping rj45s I have done thousands of them.

In the past we used to have indoor bullets (like ACM-1511) and outdoor bullets (like TCM-1231). The new E3x series is so cost efficient that can be positioned as both indoors and outdoors (or semi-outdoors).

For indoor and semi-outdoor solutions, you can go with the external pigtail (1) for your convenience.

The installations under open sky could be done with one of the two:

(2). using flex conduit (there is a conduit fitting in the package that has a size big enough to let RJ-45 pass through. It is identical to TCM-1231 solution.

(3). use the existing connector, without flex conduit. Just remove the pigtail and insert your own cable and do the crimping on the spot.

The camera comes with the light metal bracket - good enough for ceiling and wall for most cases. The optional heavy duty brackets for E3x are also available (TCM-1231 optional bracket).

E series bullets are divided into fixed lens (E3x) and vari-focal lens (E4x) models.

Here are some pictures:

With tail:

206525_1.jpg

206525_2.jpg

Inside:

206525_3.jpg

As you can see there are 2 ethernet ports, for normal RJ45 and terminal/flat one.

As for image, I have some movie samples made in my "hood", just uploading them on youtube, will update with link.

Inside, 0.05 lux or less, fast shutter:

OjSUes6ofIU

outside, fast shutter, moving objects

QHOUPOjb-MU

outside WDR test:

tJWC_-chXHU

Thanks for the videos, the WDR one especially. I've got 14 more of the 1111 cameras to work through and then my next order will be for some of the e31 cameras. At worst I figure if I turn off WDR then it is basically a 1111 again.

Anyone know if the sensor itself is physically larger for more light capturing or is it the same sensor? I think for the price the camera is a pretty good choice for a basic bullet anyway. I wish for more options in the day and night settings in the firmware vs the 1111 as there is nothing at all there on the 1111 so if you get just the wrong light it will be too bright for night mode, but look bad and cause motion detection from graininess. Makes it hard at times to get it adjusted just right. Not bad if I just had a couple, but when working with a ton of them it gets worse quickly lol. My default config restore works for 90% of them before sending them out thank goodness.

Would be great to have a time setting for day and night mode, so at 8:00 PM it switches to night mode at at 7:00 am it switched to day mode. Other cameras have this but not ACTi for some reason. I've emailed and asked for this to no avail yet anyway.

Thanks for the videos, the WDR one especially. I've got 14 more of the 1111 cameras to work through and then my next order will be for some of the e31 cameras. At worst I figure if I turn off WDR then it is basically a 1111 again.

Anyone know if the sensor itself is physically larger for more light capturing or is it the same sensor? I think for the price the camera is a pretty good choice for a basic bullet anyway. I wish for more options in the day and night settings in the firmware vs the 1111 as there is nothing at all there on the 1111 so if you get just the wrong light it will be too bright for night mode, but look bad and cause motion detection from graininess. Makes it hard at times to get it adjusted just right. Not bad if I just had a couple, but when working with a ton of them it gets worse quickly lol. My default config restore works for 90% of them before sending them out thank goodness.

Would be great to have a time setting for day and night mode, so at 8:00 PM it switches to night mode at at 7:00 am it switched to day mode. Other cameras have this but not ACTi for some reason. I've emailed and asked for this to no avail yet anyway.

You can do it using "events" without any problem.

With TCM-1111 you can even set different motion detection settings for night and day, and using events you can even change size and placement of motion windows.

I am waiting for E32 - 3.1Mpixel one

You can do it using "events" without any problem.

With TCM-1111 you can even set different motion detection settings for night and day, and using events you can even change size and placement of motion windows.

I am waiting for E32 - 3.1Mpixel one

Thanks very much for the video samples. Very helpful. Does the e31 give you the same options as the tcm-1111 for setting different day and night motion settings in "events"?

Also I see the e31 allows you to configure the day/night switching..is that a sensor sensitivity adjustment or to let you manually set times when you want it to switch over.....or both?