connelly73

Centralising an existing system

I'm looking at centralising an existing CCTV system spread over about 5 sites. The big problem is each site has different recording and control and in some cases its pretty basic/cheap. I have Samsung, vista and concept pro DVRs, and Vista, COE and BBV matrices. I'm thinking of encoding the analogue domes at the sites and bringing the images back over the existing IP radio network to a central VMS like milestone or axis control station. I know this would be expensive but I would appreciate some input as regards an alternative using the existing kit, to give a cheaper option? Are there any VMS that could connect to the existing Vista Quantum Plus DVRs and Concept Pro H.264 DVRs so I could drag and drop individual cameras onto a monitor wall? Also options to connect a joystick to the VMS that can control PTZ domes through the rs485 multiprotocol ports on the DVRs?

I'm looking at centralising an existing CCTV system spread over about 5 sites. The big problem is each site has different recording and control and in some cases its pretty basic/cheap. I have Samsung, vista and concept pro DVRs, and Vista, COE and BBV matrices. I'm thinking of encoding the analogue domes at the sites and bringing the images back over the existing IP radio network to a central VMS like milestone or axis control station. I know this would be expensive but I would appreciate some input as regards an alternative using the existing kit, to give a cheaper option? Are there any VMS that could connect to the existing Vista Quantum Plus DVRs and Concept Pro H.264 DVRs so I could drag and drop individual cameras onto a monitor wall? Also options to connect a joystick to the VMS that can control PTZ domes through the rs485 multiprotocol ports on the DVRs?

I am almost certain that you will not find a VMS solution for the existing kit.

Running codecs on the PTZ domes is one solution or simply replace all of the DVRs with units from a single manufacturer removing the matrices is another approach. The most appropriate solution will depend on the operating requirements locally and in the Control Room.

If you pm me with some details I can take look for you.

Ilkie