Humm, i updated to the russian version and now i cant get any other firmware to upgrade the camera !

Anyone knows the telnet method ?

I've tried by configtool and webbrowser, but they both give me the same error "error ocurred when sending upgrade file"

But the file works fine in another same.

Humm, i updated to the russian version and now i cant get any other firmware to upgrade the camera !

I've tried by configtool and webbrowser, but they both give me the same error "error ocurred when sending upgrade file"

Turn the camera on and check the rs232 cable and software from the tftp...

hyperterminal and cisco tftp program...

With these programs, you can

hyperterminal and cisco tftp program...

With these programs, you can

And the commands ?

Tell me about the RS232 cable. Does this go to the internal 4 pin socket in the camera? I don't see any traditional serial ports. If you have the pinout of the cable, that would be a time-saver.

Anyone have the latest IPC-HFW2100 firmware in NTSC. I believe its 2.100.0000.4.R, build : 2012-06-18 . the original poster had it in PAL but that wont work right?

I tried the links posted but no luck.

thanks

well... I found a older but newer then what I had version. Tried on one of the cameras and now the menus are in a different language.. sweet.

I figured with a file name of "General_IPC-HX2XXX_Eng_P_V2.100.0000.8.R.20120523" would be English considering the Eng in it.

Hoping someone can supply the English version.

DAHUA's products have a hardware key... if you try to temper with them, you'll get to a default product...

What language do you have?

Are saying there's a way get back to the default version?

IM not sure what langauge is on there now. I figured it didn't matter since i can just load the right firmware.

How do I do that... at least it will be in English again.

Assuming the reset button on the camera. Any special procedures there?

well... I just rebooted the camera again and the language is right and the firmware version is the new one. Maybe it just needed another reboot to fully take?

anyway, that issue is fixed. Still need the latest firmware if anyone has it though.

awesome... thank you.

If needed, how do you hard reset these cameras with the reset button? Any special procedures for that?

Thanks, teknologs, that's very helpful. I don't have the dome, only the bullets, but it gives me something to check out next time I open one up.

Those are the serial communications connections for TFTP access. TFTP is used when a camera's unable to start due to having the wrong firmware loaded, and can be used to unbrick a camera. You need a .img firmware file, which is different than the .bin file used when updating the firmware normally.

Hi all,

I have these three Dahua products

What is the latest firmware for:

Dahua NVR3204-P --PAL

Dahua IPC-HFW3200C --PAL

Dahua IPC-HFW2100 --PAL

What is the procedure for updating the NVR and IP cameras?

Being a novice in the field and cctv Dahua I rely heavily on your help

Thank's

porto

I've never done an NVR, but here's how it works with cameras.

First, you need the correct software for it. This will usually be a large .bin file - the ones I have are around 12MB, and the name usually includes the model range, the version number, NTSC vs PAL, and the date. Here's a typical example for an HFW3300C and other similar models:

General_IPC-HX3XXX_Eng_N_V2.103.0000.0.R.20120724.bin

Once you've got that, go to the web control for the camera, find the firmware update section, point it to where the file is, and go. It may take a few resets after to get everything back to normal, and some settings may be different. Mine had a fixed exposure time set that caused the screen to be white until I changed it back to auto.

Be sure the software is the correct version, don't do this over wireless, don't do anything to interrupt the power or network connection during the upgrade. Anything that interrupts it will require a more complex recovery that your dealer will have to help with.

HI all

I played around with different firmwares on my Dahua IPC-HDBW3300. Unfortunately i flashed the QCN8001D-FW20120928 to the device. Now, i can still connect to the camera even by telnet but i can't flash back to General_IPC-HX3XXX_Eng_P_V2.103.0000.0.R.20120724. Any Ideas how i can get back? Any chance to do an update by telnet? I'tried updating via web and via config tool. Both failed.

Thanks and regards from Switzerland

Marcel

Btw I still have two untouched, brand new, KingDisplay KDW-HD64RC83 (same as Dahua IPC-HDBW3300). If someone is interested I would sell them for 200$ + shipping (each). As I am a private seller I can not give any warrianty but if whised i can test the device before I ship it. I bought them direct from Kingdisplay some months ago.

Think it's only interesting for someone from Europe.

HI all

I played around with different firmwares on my Dahua IPC-HDBW3300. Unfortunately i flashed the QCN8001D-FW20120928 to the device. Now, i can still connect to the camera even by telnet but i can't flash back to General_IPC-HX3XXX_Eng_P_V2.103.0000.0.R.20120724. Any Ideas how i can get back? Any chance to do an update by telnet? I'tried updating via web and via config tool. Both failed.

Thanks and regards from Switzerland

Marcel

Interesting. What's the failure? Does the camera work correctly as a QSee?

It could be that the QSee software has code to keep you from flashing a QSee to Dahua firmware, and is preventing you from changing.

In that case, you'd need to do the TFTP update from the full software package, which requires a special serial cable. So far, this is only availalbe from Dahua suppliers; I don't know of any end users who have used this system yet.