I've never done an NVR, but here's how it works with cameras.

First, you need the correct software for it. This will usually be a large .bin file - the ones I have are around 12MB, and the name usually includes the model range, the version number, NTSC vs PAL, and the date. Here's a typical example for an HFW3300C and other similar models:

General_IPC-HX3XXX_Eng_N_V2.103.0000.0.R.20120724.bin

Once you've got that, go to the web control for the camera, find the firmware update section, point it to where the file is, and go. It may take a few resets after to get everything back to normal, and some settings may be different. Mine had a fixed exposure time set that caused the screen to be white until I changed it back to auto.

Be sure the software is the correct version, don't do this over wireless, don't do anything to interrupt the power or network connection during the upgrade. Anything that interrupts it will require a more complex recovery that your dealer will have to help with.

Thank you very much for your advice.

My ip cameras Dahua IPC-HFW3200C --PAL and Dahua IPC-HFW2100 --PAL are connected to the POE ports of Nvr in this way they are not visible in the network Lan.

Do I have connect directly to the router and power supply 12v in order to make a possible update?

thank's

porto

HI all

I played around with different firmwares on my Dahua IPC-HDBW3300. Unfortunately i flashed the QCN8001D-FW20120928 to the device. Now, i can still connect to the camera even by telnet but i can't flash back to General_IPC-HX3XXX_Eng_P_V2.103.0000.0.R.20120724. Any Ideas how i can get back? Any chance to do an update by telnet? I'tried updating via web and via config tool. Both failed.

Thanks and regards from Switzerland

Marcel

Interesting. What's the failure? Does the camera work correctly as a QSee?

It could be that the QSee software has code to keep you from flashing a QSee to Dahua firmware, and is preventing you from changing.

In that case, you'd need to do the TFTP update from the full software package, which requires a special serial cable. So far, this is only availalbe from Dahua suppliers; I don't know of any end users who have used this system yet.

The Camera is not fully functional but works with less features at least. If I try to flash, the web gui uploades the firmware but hangs after that. If I try it by the Config Tool it doesn't work either....

Upgrade.png.f05334ba47301fa3dd9e2b3573c07441.png

Version.png.4b4b98c7956c1f756267bfca410f3c48.png

Those are the serial communications connections for TFTP access. TFTP is used when a camera's unable to start due to having the wrong firmware loaded, and can be used to unbrick a camera. You need a .img firmware file, which is different than the .bin file used when updating the firmware normally.

Anyone know the telnet commands to upload the .img file ?

Thank,.s

First, you can't transfer data via telnet, the best you can do is copy the file to the SD card on your PC and then copy it from there to the camera. Keep in mind the file system used on the camera is a read-only compressed file system, so you would have unmount the file system, delete the file, an mount the new file system. Assuming you have sharp Linux skills, this shouldn't be much of a problem.

First, you can't transfer data via telnet, the best you can do is copy the file to the SD card on your PC and then copy it from there to the camera. Keep in mind the file system used on the camera is a read-only compressed file system, so you would have unmount the file system, delete the file, an mount the new file system. Assuming you have sharp Linux skills, this shouldn't be much of a problem.

Well, im f*cked then

Interesting.. Thanks to you, I found a new firmware for my Dahua 2100..

Actual : Device Type IPC-HFW2100 (PAL)

Software Version 2.100.0001.0.R, build : 2012-10-31

WEB Version 3.0.0.0

There : General_IPC-HX2XXX_Eng_P_BootSpi_V2.100.0001.0.R.20121031.bin

The name doesn't specify if it's a PAL version, but the website is a Spanish one, so a European. It should be a PAL one, isn't it ?

Anyway, I'm a little bit afraid of upgrading it... I don't want a brick...

Interesting.. Thanks to you, I found a new firmware for my Dahua 2100..

Actual : Device Type IPC-HFW2100 (PAL)

Software Version 2.100.0001.0.R, build : 2012-10-31

WEB Version 3.0.0.0

There : General_IPC-HX2XXX_Eng_P_BootSpi_V2.100.0001.0.R.20121031.bin

The name doesn't specify if it's a PAL version, but the website is a Spanish one, so a European. It should be a PAL one, isn't it ?

Anyway, I'm a little bit afraid of upgrading it... I don't want a brick...

First: The Spanish site firmware for the HFW2100 is an older version: General_IPC-HX2XXX_Eng_P_V2.100.0000.8.R.20120523.bin.

Please note the difference between HFW and HDW, where the latter is the dome version, and the former is the bullet.

The version you found is for the HDW-version, and it has the same version number as you already have on your camera. The latest released version for your camera is the one you already have, which is:

2.100.0001.0.R, build : 2012-10-31

In other words: Don't flash your camera with anything from the Spanish site.

There isn't a file to delete. What you "see" through telnet is the uncompressed version residing in RAM. Even if you manage to modify it, all changes will be lost at reboot.

Humm, thats because i have one 3200c that dont seem to work, its led stays green but it dont appear in the Configtool, and after a few minutes it just reboots.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks.

Can anyone point me to the latest NTSC Firmware for the IPC-HFW3300C?

I've got 2 of them that report this about themselves:

Device Type IPC-HFW3300C

Software Version 2.100.0000.6.R, build : 2012-05-07

WEB Version 3.0.0.0

They're driving me nuts with incessant brightness pumping triggering the cameras built in motion detection and I'm hoping there is a newer firmware with better performance.

Since the SoC controls both the iris and the gain on the sensor the fact that it can't filter it's own adjustments from triggering the motion detection is mind boggling.

This thread discusses the exposure problems and has a link to the 2012-07-24 firmware, which has been working pretty well on my HFW3300C.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=31849

It's still a little buggy (typical Dahua) but enables WDC and other good stuff. There may be a newer version, but I haven't seen it yet.

Thanks for the reply and the link. I've also requested an updated firmware from the vendor I bought the cameras from. We'll see if they reply with anything newer than the one discussed in that thread.

BTW, did you mean WDR?

Anyone know if Dahua is updating their support for onvif profile S anytime soon?

Thanks for the reply and the link. I've also requested an updated firmware from the vendor I bought the cameras from. We'll see if they reply with anything newer than the one discussed in that thread.

BTW, did you mean WDR?

Heh! Yes, WDR. I work for Western Digital, and we're WDC, so the fingers were on autopilot!

If you get a newer version of software from your vendor, I'd love to get a copy of it.

If you get a newer version of software from your vendor, I'd love to get a copy of it.

Why would you trust a firmware sent by anyone over Internet (just my opinion)?

Aren't you afraid that could brick your hardware or, worst, that someone "planted" a little backdoor in the firmware?

The source of your PC's OS is a forum?

Just curious and trying to raise the awareness level... we are talking about hidden free access to your cameras... We are also talking about security devices, video access and recording access - better than any malware that records your cameras!

Heh! Yes, WDR. I work for Western Digital, and we're WDC, so the fingers were on autopilot!

Well, they provided me General_IPC-HX3XXX_Eng_N_V2.103.0001.0.R.20120914.bin

However, they said it's only for the ipc-hfw3200cn and that they would provide me a new firmware for the ipc-hfw3300cn next week.

My understanding is that this firmware should be suitable for both. I guess I will wait and see what they send next week.

Aren't you afraid that could brick your hardware or, worst, that someone "planted" a little backdoor in the firmware?

Just curious and trying to raise the awareness level... we are talking about hidden free access to your cameras... We are also talking about security devices, video access and recording access - better than any malware that records your cameras!

Why wouldn't he? It's a .bin file. Do you understand the level of complexity and extreme difficultly of doing any of the stuff you're talking about by manipulating a .bin file?

Well, actually, i do...

If you want, I can send you a modified firmware - with your name in the webpage or something... That would prove my point?

Well, actually, i do...

If you want, I can send you a modified firmware - with your name in the webpage or something... That would prove my point?

That's totally different. You have the toolchain necessary to generate a custom Dahua firmware. You're not reverse engineering anything and hacking anything. You're using a tool provided to you as a reseller from the manufacturer that allows customization of firmware and spits out a semi-custom .bin file. Can you generate a .bin that will brick his camera or install a backdoor?

Further, if I had that sort of access and capability why would I be here posting about trying to get the latest firmware for my camera? I would be able to fix the bugs in the firmware myself.

That's totally different. You have the toolchain necessary to generate a custom Dahua firmware. You're not reverse engineering anything and hacking anything. You're using a tool provided to you as a reseller from the manufacturer that allows customization of firmware and spits out a semi-custom .bin file. Can you generate a .bin that will brick his camera or install a backdoor?

Further, if I had that sort of access and capability why would I be here posting about trying to get the latest firmware for my camera? I would be able to fix the bugs in the firmware myself.

Not really... can be done via OpenSource tools - with a little bit of knowledge.

Yes, we could make a firmware with a backdoor (I suppose - although we will never do or try it)

Secondly, you can't fix any bugs... the whole system of DAHUA runs in a single binary format file... you can't modify it. But you can add to the embedded system some stuff.

Fact is that the latest firmware you should always get from you seller (and get a trusted one!). And, also, anyone should choose the seller based on other factors than price... even if products are from China.

Not really... can be done via OpenSource tools - with a little bit of knowledge.

Yes, we could make a firmware with a backdoor (I suppose - although we will never do or try it)

Secondly, you can't fix any bugs... the whole system of DAHUA runs in a single binary format file... you can't modify it. But you can add to the embedded system some stuff.

So you can modify the .bin to add a backdoor, but you can't modify the bin to change the code and correct errors? How can you add a backdoor if you can't modify it?

What you are asking me is the difference between runing a version of Windows with a backdoor in the main binary file or loading a backdoor during the loading of Windows...

Let's mimic the way a virus works... it usually loads a malware .exe/.com before loading the main application (explorer.exe and others)

Well, they provided me General_IPC-HX3XXX_Eng_N_V2.103.0001.0.R.20120914.bin

However, they said it's only for the ipc-hfw3200cn and that they would provide me a new firmware for the ipc-hfw3300cn next week.

My understanding is that this firmware should be suitable for both. I guess I will wait and see what they send next week.

So I tried the firmware on the ipc-hfw3200cn, and it updated / upgraded the camera without any issue. It improved the FTP behavior of the camera (one of my complaints). The camera now has HLC and WDR.

I decided to roll the dice and try the firmware on one of my ipc-hfw3300cn cameras. It also updated / upgraded the camera without any issue. The FTP behavior improved here also. HLC and WDR are now also available on the ipc-hfw3300cn as well. Since it worked on the first ipc-hfw3300cn I tried it on the second and had success there also. It's too soon to know if it improves and of the exposure pumping or flickering, but I've got my fingers crossed.

If nothing else, the cameras aren't doing a near DoS attack on my FTP server anymore (sending >500 commands a second to the server between the 3 camera). CPU usage of the FTP server on my PC is now between 0-5% instead of 20-30%. " title="Applause" />

I'm curious to see what firmware they send me next week that's for the ipc-hfw3300cn.

You make some good points, but alas, Dahua makes it nearly impossible to get firmware any other way. The ball's in their court. They're the ones making casual users rely on the community for support.

I've said this many times before, but their terrible customer support and firmware support is one of their biggest weaknesses. I don't think they're listening, or if they are, they don't care.