Don't try to be a wise guy... we were talking about products sold in US, support and price. Do you have different view?

Excuse me?? Avigilon's pricing is confidential and available though authorized partners only. If you want pricing contact your local Avigilon dealer.

My only reason for commenting on this was the fact that someone mentioned the Dahua is a cheap Avigilon. I have a Dahua camera for testing the image is not bad but the lack of support / manufacturer access is a non starter for us. I have customers that request a 4 hour "part in hand" support contacts. Manufacture support is a must have for this level of customer.

4 hours? With regular Avigilon pricing? "Major" centers (Vegas, NY, etc) only? You're going to get the John Deere Kool Aid drinkers jealous. And I'm not joking, well, except the John Deere part.

Imagine if you bought a computer from Circuit City and windows made you get your updates from them... where are they at now? Guess, you should have known not to walk into a multi-million dollar facility and trust them to be around the next day huh?

You paid for Windows from Microsoft, right?!

Or that's a different story...

No, you pay for windows through the retailer you bought your computer from... Then the OEM that built the computer.

Just like buying a dahua camera from you... Dahua should still support their product. You don't expect to get windows updates from best buy or dell, that would just be dumb.

Excuse me?? Avigilon's pricing is confidential and available though authorized partners only. If you want pricing contact your local Avigilon dealer.

My only reason for commenting on this was the fact that someone mentioned the Dahua is a cheap Avigilon. I have a Dahua camera for testing the image is not bad but the lack of support / manufacturer access is a non starter for us. I have customers that request a 4 hour "part in hand" support contacts. Manufacture support is a must have for this level of customer.

Confidential pricing is a non-starter for me. If you want to sell something, be upfront about pricing. If you aren't upfront about that most fundamental part of the transaction, then it makes me wonder about everything else.

Welcome, tired pilgrim,

Into the circle,

Avigilon's been waiting.

Everyone's gathered

For your arrival

All the believers...

Sorry, Avigilon guys, just another joke (like the Dahua comment); please don't ban me!

Just to clarify, I think my first comment was mis-interpreted...

My only reason for commenting on this was the fact that someone mentioned the Dahua is a cheap Avigilon.

I didn't actually say that. What I said, regarding their support, was:

Sort of like Avigilon, but without the quality .

The implication here is that Dahua requires going through their authorized dealers for everything, like Avigilon does, but you don't get the quality support you get with Avigilon. I can understand that trade-off - if I was supplying corporate sites, I'd seriously consider Avigilon for their support and integration, and Dahua wouldn't even come into the equation, due to their lack of quality in many areas.

I hope the Avillagers will put away the pitchforks...

Hi

I have Dahua DVR, model no. is DH-DVR0404LE-AS. I upgraded the firmware to

General_DVRxx04LH-X_Eng_P_V2.606.0024.2.R.20101102.bin

I did this because I saw on the net that this firmware update would work on my model number.

but my dvr is bricked now. it w'd show me only the led's that blink initially but NOTHING on the screen, no beep on startup it used to give otherwise...

NEED SERIOUS HELP. can I load the old firmware and install a proper one?

Sounds like you put the wrong firmware in. The Dahua support boards (such as they are) are full of people in similar dilemmas - putting the LH software into the LE-AS or similar (that's pretty old software, too - 2010?).

Unfortunately, since you can't get to the web page for software updates, you have to use TFTP to load compatible software. This requires connecting via a serial cable and TFTP server, uploading the correct software, and restarting.

Best bet is to contact your distributor if you're not a hardware/software hacker, as you'll need the right serial cable (currently undocumented, but may be a standard pinout) and the right software.

You can find the instructions here:

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/download_4.html

Welcome, tired pilgrim,

Into the circle,

Avigilon's been waiting.

Everyone's gathered

For your arrival

All the believers...

Sorry, Avigilon guys, just another joke (like the Dahua comment); please don't ban me!

Just to clarify, I think my first comment was mis-interpreted...

My only reason for commenting on this was the fact that someone mentioned the Dahua is a cheap Avigilon.

I didn't actually say that. What I said, regarding their support, was:

Sort of like Avigilon, but without the quality .

The implication here is that Dahua requires going through their authorized dealers for everything, like Avigilon does, but you don't get the quality support you get with Avigilon. I can understand that trade-off - if I was supplying corporate sites, I'd seriously consider Avigilon for their support and integration, and Dahua wouldn't even come into the equation, due to their lack of quality in many areas.

I hope the Avillagers will put away the pitchforks...

No pitchforks are out. But just to clarify you don't need to contact your dealer for support if your a end user you can contact Avigilon directly. Anyway I am done here good luck upgrading firmware on your cameras via serial cables.

Thank you for the response. I have started to feel less worried now.

I ll put the information to work soon... hope it hits the bullseye...

Thankyou again for the link

The implication here is that Dahua requires going through their authorized dealers for everything, like Avigilon does, but you don't get the quality support you get with Avigilon.

With no offense, but DAHUA can provide a very pro level support (they are long-time manufacturers and, also, they do have some proprietary technology, some "be the first to do that" etc (check it @ http://www.dahuasecurity.com/introduction.html)... The support/dealers stuff came up when some people started selling cheap products at a very cheap price (let's say ebay-ish style), with no support/training/anything like that

They are not helping me. I ve been sending help requests on "online support" but not getting any reverts from dahua... forget about the firmware, but even one liner... It says - your request has been sent to webmaster's approval... and still nothing

Yeah, their online support forums are amusing. I like to read through them now and again, because they accidentally let useful information slip out sometimes, but it's not exactly high-power support.

What is so hard to understand? Support is only provided to mid-users (resellers). You get your support from the reseller.

General_IPC-HFW2100_Eng_N_V2.100.0001.0.R.20120330.zip was given to me earlier today by my distributor, i was told this was the newest firmware. I am hoping that she is right. will update one of my cameras tonight to see if it works

General_IPC-HFW2100_Eng_N_V2.100.0001.0.R.20120330.zip was given to me earlier today by my distributor, i was told this was the newest firmware. I am hoping that she is right. will update one of my cameras tonight to see if it works

I think this one is not the latest firmware. Mine is:

2.100.0001.0.R, build : 2012-10-31 (HFW2100)

I think someone posted it in this thread.

Well, they provided me General_IPC-HX3XXX_Eng_N_V2.103.0001.0.R.20120914.bin

However, they said it's only for the ipc-hfw3200cn and that they would provide me a new firmware for the ipc-hfw3300cn next week.

My understanding is that this firmware should be suitable for both. I guess I will wait and see what they send next week.

So my seller came back and told me there was no newer firmware for the 3MP camera than what came on them.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread I put the General_IPC-HX3XXX_Eng_N_V2.103.0001.0.R.20120914.bin on the 3MP cameras and it worked fine and fixed several of the issues I was having. One thing I noticed yesterday is that I can now pick 20FPS at 3MP H.264 instead of being limited to 15FPS.

Dahua IPC-HFW3200C: Has anyone the PAL firmware General_IPC-HX3XXX_Eng_P_V2.103.0001.0.R.20120914.bin?

Or maybe even a newer version?

hi guys

A friend mine bought me a NVR-3208P from china, once i loaded is all in chinese. The is no English language available. So downloaded General_NVR3xxx-P_Eng_P_V2.610.0000.2.R.20120919.zip from mmmnet. Unzip it, copy the General_NVR3xxx-P_Eng_P_V2.610.0000.2.R.20120919.bin and rename it to update.bin and copied it to a USB drive. Plug in the drive and follow the USB update procedure, now everything loads up and i still have language issue. Now is showing me some programming language, attached below are some pics. Anyone knows how can i solve this?

IMG_20130412_202320.jpg.13c8109d9f8e074416d3f975b316063e.jpg

There's a method used by Dahua distributors to recover bricked DVRs, documented here:

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/download/TFTP%20upgrade%20instructor.pdf

If you've got a serial port on yours and the correct files from a known good software package, this may work. Otherwise, you may want to find a helpful Dahua distributor who understands this and can give you a hand.

Unfortunately, Dahua factory support for these situations is non-existent.