So with PAL i'd lose some FPS? Probably best to stick with the NTSC versions if someone has them

thanks

FPS? Only the pixel resolutions D1 and CIF are different, no FPS.

For example IPC-HFW3300C:

PAL               NTSC
3.0M          2048×1536          2048×1536
1080P         1920×1080          1920×1080
720P          1280×720           1280×720
D1             704×576            704×480
CIF            352×288            352×240

What resolution are you using now?

Oh - my mistake. I thought PAL was 25FPS for some reason. I'm using 1920x1080 on my 3300c.

That list doesn't explicitly mention the 3300c - will that work or not sure?

3300C

Thanks for the help.

Oh - my mistake. I thought PAL was 25FPS for some reason. I'm using 1920x1080 on my 3300c.

That list doesn't explicitly mention the 3300c - will that work or not sure?

3300C

Thanks for the help.

There is mentioned "HFW3X00C", what means 3100C, 3200C, 3300C...

Im not sure about the compatibility of PAL and NTSC, but pixel resolutions are the only differencies I found in techspecs...

Look for the technical specification on www.dahuasecurity.com for your camera. There are 2 models with "P" and "N" suffix which means PAL and NTSC. Read the differencies between them...

Upgrade worked fine on all cameras, however as I suspected the FPS dropped from 30 to 25fps using the PAL firmware. Just an FYI for anyone else to wants to use this file.

Sorry, my mistake. But on the other side, is there really needed such as big framerate? And do you evidence some quality drop between 25/30fps? We have some big systems (more than 200 cameras) with manufacturers as Sony, Axis, Mobotix...and there are not many situations where more than 12fps is needed...

Is there some new features in this firmware? Especially hfw2100...

No, no reason to have 30fps or even 25, you are correct.

I did seem to see some new buttons and knobs but I could be imagining things

Just got V2.103.0000.1.R.20130226 for the HDBW3202

Not sure if its the same as the above file but updated fine on my camera above.

I have PAL version from my vendor:

General_IPC-HX3(2)XXX_Eng_P_V2.210.0001.0.R.20130517

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hyxiem

(Click on "Click here to start download from sendspace" to download without download manager)

I havent tried it yet, so if you check it, please give us a feedback if there are something new.

Thanks I tried it today, but it seems there is still the FTP recording issue. Guess I have to wait for a fix.

I did not see anything New.

best,

Paal

(Click on "Click here to start download from sendspace" to download without download manager)

I havent tried it yet, so if you check it, please give us a feedback if there are something new.

Thanks I tried it today, but it seems there is still the FTP recording issue. Guess I have to wait for a fix.

I did not see anything New.

best,

Paal

Upgraded my NTSC HDBW3300 cameras from V2.103.0000.0.R.20120724 to V2.210.0001.0.R.20130517 using the above file. I notice there are a few updates inbetween these versions so maybe some of the following items are in those as well.

Many improvements in the Cameras inbuilt Web Service.

There is now a Playback tab which allows you to easily playback any recordings. You can choose a date and view the timeline of any recordings in the period. (the timescale is also adjustable to either 24hr, 2hr, 1hr or 30mins)

I had previously seen videos online showing the camera's live video with icons to take snapshots, record, digital zoom, listen to audio, resize the video and more. Version 20120724 never had that but this version does.

Most of the rest of the menus are pretty much the same, a profile addition in the Camera - Conditions menu which allows you to schedule the camera to run "Day" settings during certain hours and "Night" settings at other times, a Holiday addition to the Destination - Schedule menu and the Motion Detect overlay map shows the actual video where the old version was just blank.

The System - General now mentions its PAL version. No ill effect.

Other bonus is it now works with IE10 after prompting for plugin, whereas 20120724 wouldn't for me.

Bugs:

Motion Detect areas don't stick.

If anyone needs the latest firmware for IPC-HF cameras, PAL, let me know, I have them. Full support for all browsers I think.

If anyone is after this .. can help you out.

NVR3xxx_Eng_P_V2.610.0000.5.R.20130525.bin

Yes, I am in need of upgraded firmware for my IPC-HFW3300C cam for NTSC if anyone has it. I think I'm at release 2012-7-24 but functions still don't work for me.

Also, I like the camera but don't like that you can't get support. Can anyone recommend a different company (rebrand OK) that has better support.

Thanks, Matt

Flashed two of my 3200c cameras to start with from the 7-24-12 release and they worked fine. Hopefully I won't brick any like I did last time with the 7-24 release.

Thanks for posting the firmware! Suck it Dahua!

I am going to flash mine too. I would love to have the Day vs Night settings on my HFW3200S cameras on the street capturing plates. I sure hope this isn't a hacked up firmware embedded with a Stoned Empire Monkey.

I mean, Pelo666 just joined and the first post was an elusive Dahua Firmware. And the user name is comforting as well. Last I checked, Flushot Plus doesn't inspect Dahua Firmware files for hacks.

Since we know the flash actually works, I guess the worse to happen now is it just has a potential backdoor. Oh well. There are worse things in life. Maybe there is a 1 out of 8 chance when the camera reboots it will display the message: Your IPC is now Stoned! I really crack myself up sometimes!

yes, rememeber that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoned_(computer_virus)

Since we know the flash actually works, I guess the worse to happen now is it just has a potential backdoor. Oh well. There are worse things in life.

Heh! No need, Dahua built in a permanent back door. Best to keep your Dahuas off direct port forward!

I suppose they could disable it in a new firmware release at some point. Too bad they never say what's in their releases.

Well, let me report that I just flashed my two HFW3200S street cams. I already love the individual profiles for day and night mode. Now I am just waiting for night time to come so I can get those settings right.

Dont worry stroonzo, I am new on the forum, but dont have any motivation to share hacked firmware.

I am working with other manufacturers like Sony, Axis or mobotix integrated into quite big installations. Dahua cameras is new for me and I am satisfied by price/functionality ratio, but their support really sucks. I am in contact with my vendor who support me with latest firmwares so I only want to help you...

Pelo666 - if there is any way you can get the NTSC version; that would be a LIFESAVER! The PAL version works fine except for one particular situation - Street Lighting. It seems the high-pressure sodium (HPS) street lights quickly (undetected to the eye) flicker in sync with the 120v / 60Hz power supplied to them (through the 60Hz ballast). Because the PAL firmware is 50Hz based, the only way I can get a usable picture at night (when the street lights illuminate) is to use a 60Hz anti flicker mode. The unfortunate issue with using the 60Hz anti flicker mode is the very limited shutter selections.

It appears as if all of the Outdoor shutter settings are tuned to PAL standards and are all unusable. Maybe this is not the case and maybe this is just a weird issue with CCTV cameras and HPS lighting. I sure would like to test with an NTSC firmware on these cameras.

To explain better, these are two cameras used specifically for LPR. So the shutter speed at night is needed at 1/500. Using IR reflection, the plate info can be seen while two other cameras much further back are picking up the general overview.

Oh where, oh where is the NTSC version? In fact, I'd be happy with previous firmware (the last one back - 0313) in NTSC if you have access to that.

Do we know if this firmware also works for the IPC-HFW3300C? The PAL version posted earlier seemed to cover a large range of cameras, but before I brick mine I thought I'd double check

I can report that the PAL version that was posted earlier worked just fine on my two HFW3200S street cameras and my 9 HDB3200C mini domes. And the NTSC version posted this morning works on them as well.

Now tonight, I will be able to see if the NTSC version fixes the HPS lighting flicker.