I was told by my dealer that the firmware now covers a lot of cameras. Not sure what they all are, but I can tell you it works for the 2100 and the 3200S.

Do we know if this firmware also works for the IPC-HFW3300C? The PAL version posted earlier seemed to cover a large range of cameras, but before I brick mine I thought I'd double check

Do you think its safe to try General_IPC-HX3(2)XXX_Eng_P_V2.210.0001.0.R.20130517.bin on a HDBW3202

Do you think its safe to try General_IPC-HX3(2)XXX_Eng_P_V2.210.0001.0.R.20130517.bin on a HDBW3202

I would not try it if it isn't specifically listed as a supported model.

The PAL version of the full set of 20130517 files includes this in the readme:

Supported Devices:

HDB(W)3202,HFW3101C,HF3101,HFW3X00C,F728WP,HF3300,HDB(W)3300,HFW3300,HF3301,HF3500,HF3500A,HF3200,HDB3200C,HF3110,HDB(W)3110,HDB(W)3101,HFW3110,HF3100,HF3211-F,HDW2100,HD2100,HFW2100,HF2100,HFW3100,HDB3100C,HFW3(2)105(2100S),HDW3100S,HDW2105S,HDW3105S,HFW3200S,HFW3202C

Just loaded the NTSC version on HFW3200 and it seems to work ok so far, although switching between config menu takes a little longer than normal. Interesting to see separate profile capability, now need to play around to see what it can do and how well this improve thing.

I tried the 2013-05-17 firmware on my HFW2100 and it has the same bug I saw on 2013-03-13: it does not record videos to FTP.

Has somebody noticed the FTP bug is still present on recent firmwares? Thanks.

Ps: the solution is to go back to 20121031 firmware.

I tried the 2013-05-17 firmware on my HFW2100 and it has the same bug I saw on 2013-03-13: it does not record videos to FTP.

Has somebody noticed the FTP bug is still present on recent firmwares? Thanks.

Ps: the solution is to go back to 20121031 firmware.

Yes, I have the same bug on my 2100. It will not record to FTP. I do not find a PAL Version of the 20121031 firmware. Do you have a link?

best,

Yes, I have the same bug on my 2100. It will not record to FTP. I do not find a PAL Version of the 20121031 firmware. Do you have a link?

best,

Try to find in this forum. I remember I saw it in some topic, but I don't remember where. Thanks for confirming the bug.

Dahua lost another chance to fix this.

The PAL version of the full set of 20130517 files includes this in the readme:

Supported Devices:

HDB(W)3202,HFW3101C,HF3101,HFW3X00C,F728WP,HF3300,HDB(W)3300,HFW3300,HF3301,HF3500,HF3500A,HF3200,HDB3200C,HF3110,HDB(W)3110,HDB(W)3101,HFW3110,HF3100,HF3211-F,HDW2100,HD2100,HFW2100,HF2100,HFW3100,HDB3100C,HFW3(2)105(2100S),HDW3100S,HDW2105S,HDW3105S,HFW3200S,HFW3202C

thanks i didn't have the readme file only the x.bin i guess it supports HDBW3202 since it the first one in that list above.

I updated my HFW3300C to the 2013-05-17 NTSC firmware, and all went well. I haven't had time to test if there's any improvement in the image or processing, but there were a few nice additions to the firmware:

- Day/night configuration switching. You can set different image configs (contrast, WDR, sharpening, etc) for day and night modes, and have it switch at a given time. This is handy for reducing the trade-offs you have to make to get good images, and all d/n cameras should come with this.

- WDR and HSC are now 0-100 sliders instead of weak/medium/strong settings. Dahua's WDR wasn't very good before, but this along with the config switching should help.

- 90 degree CW/CCW rotation of the image is now possible, though only at 720p and below. This adds what someone called "corridor mode" recently.

There are probably other improvements, but these are the ones that stuck out for me.

I updated my HFW3300C to the 2013-05-17 NTSC firmware, and all went well. I haven't had time to test if there's any improvement in the image or processing, but there were a few nice additions to the firmware:

(...)

There are probably other improvements, but these are the ones that stuck out for me.

Do you or somebody uses FTP recording? If so, it works with the 2013-05-17 firmware?

(...)

Do you or somebody uses FTP recording? If so, it works with the 2013-05-17 firmware?

I haven't used it before, but just set up an FTP server and enabled motion detect on the camera, and it seems to be talking. I'm not sure what the original bug is (or what's normal), but it's chattering away, pinging the server constantly, and when it sees motion it saves a bunch of 0 byte .dav_ and small .idx_ files, but no video or snapshots.

If that's the bug, yes, it's still there.

motion it saves a bunch of 0 byte .dav_ and small .idx_ files, but no video or snapshots.

If that's the bug, yes, it's still there.

Thanks for answering. Yes, that's the bug. These new firmware just save zero-byte file. No recording at all

It started when Dahua changed the code to detect motion (before we could select squares a nd now there's flexible rectangles).

And what's really bad is that there's no channel with Dahua so somebody can report this bug Very sad.

And what's really bad is that there's no channel with Dahua so somebody can report this bug Very sad.

I tried everything to get support for one of my customers and totally frustrating. I tried going through my channel as my distributor is authorized by Dahua, no luck. Tried entering the issue on their support site, no response (actually the customer got a response saying send camera model and firmware, I did but no further response). I even have an email address of one of their support people, no response from that. I'm hoping that they got it and they are working on it and we'll see.

Did you try mentioning this FTP bug on their support page? They do respond once in a while but you have to search to see if they've responded after a few days.

Actually I like the way Hikvision stores on an NFS mount because they manage it and playback is from the camera and way nicer than using FTP with Dahua and then sifting through many layers of directories and files. With the Hikvision you actually have a timeline with events that you slide and play.

Actually I like the way Hikvision stores on an NFS mount because they manage it and playback is from the camera and way nicer than using FTP with Dahua and then sifting through many layers of directories and files. With the Hikvision you actually have a timeline with events that you slide and play.

Hi! Yes, I tried many times to report this issue on their site, but never received an answer.

I think this is the last time I buy a Dahua camera, since as you said, Hikvision is much better.

What's nice that I noticed is that if you record to the SD card, they now have a Playback tab to play back the recorded video. Before you had to play it back using PSS on your PC. I may throw an SD card in there because I wanted to have it at a remote site. Has anyone tested this?

Also, they added this focus assist which is interesting. I guess you focus it until the numbers are close, then it thinks its' in focus.

What bugs me is they still don't honor the aspect the ratio in their live view. I have it set to 3MP which is 4:3 but it distorts the image to show me 16:9. Sure, I can click some buttons but this should be automatic.

What's nice that I noticed is that if you record to the SD card, they now have a Playback tab to play back the recorded video. Before you had to play it back using PSS on your PC. I may throw an SD card in there because I wanted to have it at a remote site. Has anyone tested this?

Also, they added this focus assist which is interesting. I guess you focus it until the numbers are close, then it thinks its' in focus.

What bugs me is they still don't honor the aspect the ratio in their live view. I have it set to 3MP which is 4:3 but it distorts the image to show me 16:9. Sure, I can click some buttons but this should be automatic.

May I know which firmware version are you referring to with this Playback tab & focus assist function?

May I know which firmware version are you referring to with this Playback tab & focus assist function?

He was referring to Hikvision, not Dahua.

No, I was referring to Dahua, the version that was posted by Maxicon I installed on my ipc-hfw3300c - General_IPC-HX3(2)XXX_Eng_N_V2.210.0001.0.R.20130517

Here's what the screen looks like. I have not inserted an SD card yet, so it's blank.

226636_1.jpg

This is Easy Focus, the icon at the top and the numbers on the upper left of the image. The closer you get the numbers, the more in focus it is. Pardon the display, it's just on my desk.

226636_2.jpg

No, I was referring to Dahua, the version that was posted by Maxicon I installed on my ipc-hfw3300c - General_IPC-HX3(2)XXX_Eng_N_V2.210.0001.0.R.20130517

Oh thanks! I replied based on your another reply. Very nice feature indeed!

Unfortunately this will be available just to cameras with sd card slot. For models without sd card, we have to use FTP (which doesn't work ).

The 20130517 is really the latest one? Well, I hope they release a new firmware correcting the FTP recording.