One more data point - I updated my HFW2100N to the 2013-05-17 firmware last night, and it went fine. Many of the improvements are there for the 2100, but no easy-focus, no 90 degree rotation, and no SD card options (of course).

ETA: I played around a bit with EasyFocus on the 3300C, and found that it's the number's peak value, not how close they are, that indicates focus. When I de-focused on purpose, the numbers were both low, but very close to each other. Focusing increased the numbers.

In my case, great focus gave numbers in the 6000 range, decent focus in the 5800 range, and poor focus in the 3000 range. Looks like it may be using the fuzzier portion in the shot above for these numbers, rather than the better-focused background, but I haven't tested that yet. I moved a chair with webbing on it in front of the camera, so it saw the yard through a mesh, and got it as high as 10,000, so it looks like high contrast may trick it.

I updated my HDBW3202 with the firmware and while the update worked fine, I now don't have the remote zoom control option at the in the setup.

Good to have focusing aids and I have to refocus mine soon when I install it with the varifocal set to the telephoto side of the equation.

i cant upgrade the 3208 nvr witht the nvr3xxx file you send?(compatible firmware?). do i used the flash.bin or nvr.bin(rename to update.bin as suggested in some other threads.) i dont wanna flash the flash.bin(dont wanna brick)

i used the configtool to upgrade, the file transmit fine, then error occurred after file has finished uploading. any help appreciated.

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if the latest firmware from Dahua for one of their 1-2MP IP cameras is now ONVIF 2.0 or Profile S compliant ?

I clicked on link for NVR5xxx firmware but it says file not found. Am I doing something wrong. The version I have is 2.610.0000.5

Is there something newer?

has anyone flash updated the NVR32XX? using configtool.exe doesnt seem to work,1.16REC-Upgrade tool.rar doesnt work either. usb drive to the NVR doesnt work.

has anyone flash updated the NVR32XX? using configtool.exe doesnt seem to work,1.16REC-Upgrade tool.rar doesnt work either. usb drive to the NVR doesnt work.

I use Configtool to upgrade without any problem.

I clicked on link for NVR5xxx firmware but it says file not found. Am I doing something wrong. The version I have is 2.610.0000.5

Is there something newer?

Yes, it has been deleted. Sent you a PM.

do you have the 3216,3208, or 3204?

3216 PAL

so i bricked one of my 2100 upgrading to the lastest firmware. I was being careless upgrading through the web interface instead of the configtool.exe as i usually do with all my other 6 cameras(all upgraded fine to latest firmware), had the IE in background. sigh.

I bricked it after upgrade to latest, motion detecting wasnt working, so i downgrade to an older version(day set MD feature wasnt working), and then back again to latest version, i had error in the middle of my upgrade, IE just stop responding as a was surfing on firefox:(

Right now, my camera is stucked in a wooden enclosure post my dad built for it(not gonna be fun trying to get to the camera).

Is there a walkthru video for unbricking? What exact cable on ebay should i be buying? Not sure if its worth my time trying to unbrick or just buy a new cam if theres no instruction for unbricking.

My reselling hdsecurity.com, hasnt respond to any of my emails in months, dont think they will for this request , but i did send them an email just for giggles.

has anyone on here unbricked using the sftp method successfully, im gonna try to do a reset tomorrow after i get out a hammer to open up the enclosure.

Edited by Guest

[

3216 PAL

i have the 3208, maybe that firmware is only for 3216 nvr as the author stated.

has anyone on here unbricked using the sftp method successfully, im gonna try to do a reset tomorrow after i get out a hammer to open up the enclosure.

I haven't heard of anyone doing it on the Dahua yet, but it should be straightforward. My last attempt to figure it out on an HFW3300C was a waste of time because I was going straight from the TFTP connector to a serial port/USB adapter, and forgot that PC RS232 had a different voltage range than the camera's ports. As a result, I captured activity on the port, but none of it made sense...

So, based on that, here's what you'd need. I'm a bit of a hacker on this stuff, so a lot of this is educated guesses, but I'm pretty sure I'm going down the right path.

- TFTP server software - I use tftpd32 for managing my switches

- A usb to 3.3V serial adapter like this: http://www.amazon.com/PL2303HX-RS232-Cable-module-Converter/dp/B008AGDTA4

- A full set of files for your cam, not just the .bin file. These are readily available and are usually around 80 MB. It wouldn't need to be the latest version, just a compatible version, since you'd be able to do an upgrade if you got it back online.

The TFTP update would happen one of two ways:

- Automatically checks for a TFTP server and updates the file with the name it's looking for if it's there (the Hik bullet does it this way)

- Connects to the TFTP server and requires a manual update (the Dahua NVRs and my corporate switches do it this way)

One problem with the 2100 is that the connector that I think is the right one is under another board, but all my work's been on the 3300.

I got one of the 3.3V cables last week, and may have time to mess with it this weekend.

Anyone with TFTP experience, please correct any mis-assumptions I've made!

I haven't heard of anyone doing it on the Dahua yet, but it should be straightforward. My last attempt to figure it out on an HFW3300C was a waste of time because I was going straight from the TFTP connector to a serial port/USB adapter, and forgot that PC RS232 had a different voltage range than the camera's ports. As a result, I captured activity on the port, but none of it made sense...

So, based on that, here's what you'd need. I'm a bit of a hacker on this stuff, so a lot of this is educated guesses, but I'm pretty sure I'm going down the right path.

- TFTP server software - I use tftpd32 for managing my switches

- A usb to 3.3V serial adapter like this: http://www.amazon.com/PL2303HX-RS232-Cable-module-Converter/dp/B008AGDTA4

- A full set of files for your cam, not just the .bin file. These are readily available and are usually around 80 MB. It wouldn't need to be the latest version, just a compatible version, since you'd be able to do an upgrade if you got it back online.

The TFTP update would happen one of two ways:

- Automatically checks for a TFTP server and updates the file with the name it's looking for if it's there (the Hik bullet does it this way)

- Connects to the TFTP server and requires a manual update (the Dahua NVRs and my corporate switches do it this way)

One problem with the 2100 is that the connector that I think is the right one is under another board, but all my work's been on the 3300.

I got one of the 3.3V cables last week, and may have time to mess with it this weekend.

Anyone with TFTP experience, please correct any mis-assumptions I've made!

Referring to this?

CM130727-211431-516049422.thumb.jpg.f6aaa04b1c818aec191042c1ef885550.jpg

Is some here has a firmware for IPC HDBW3110 NTSC? I only see PAL firmware here.

also, I am using NVR 3816 and IPC HDBW3110, the time sync wont work. The Camera and the NVR has different time. Is this the NVR bug or on the camera side?

My problem is that the motion detection is not working. The camera did not detect when people are passing. I ask for the firmware upgrade from the Dahua and he gave me one. after I upgrade the picture is somewhat reddish.

I notiec the firmware I uploaded is in PAL. All the cameras in my network are NTSC maybe thats the problem.

Does somebody here has a working firmware for my my cam IPC HDBW 3110. NTSC. with motion detection.

thanks

Defective.thumb.jpg.629ab72aec18d95a09dce1448642267e.jpg

Normal.thumb.jpg.bf4aa8b14ea65fe2c2e6f4b87bdfe930.jpg

My problem is that the motion detection is not working. The camera did not detect when people are passing. I ask for the firmware upgrade from the Dahua and he gave me one. after I upgrade the picture is somewhat reddish.

I notiec the firmware I uploaded is in PAL. All the cameras in my network are NTSC maybe thats the problem.

Does somebody here has a working firmware for my my cam IPC HDBW 3110. NTSC. with motion detection.

thanks

Did you try flashing back to an older version to check?

Here's a link to the NTSC version of the latest firmware. The readme for the PAL version says it support the HDB3100C. Note that the link in the post is broken by the forum software; you have to copy and paste the entire thing into your browser.

viewtopic.php?p=226171#p226171

[attachment=0]CM130727-211431-516049422.jpg[/attachment]

Referring to this?

Yes, that's the one I believe is it, since it's the only un-connected connector when the camera is assembled, and it's on the CPU/memory board.

The board above it is the power board, and there's limited access to that connector when the power board is in place. It's unlikely power comes in over the ribbon cable, so I'm assuming the CPU board is powered by the 10 pin connector between the two. Since this isn't on a cable, I can't see how to connect the two boards and still have access without a low-profile cable connected. I usually use clip leads for this when the pins are accessible.

This is easy to get at on the 3300C:

218620_1.jpg

I believe this is the pinout for the 3300C, but would have to check my notes:

Pin 1 - ground

Pin 2 - Rx

Pin 3 - Tx

Pin 4 - 5Vdc

thanks

Did you try flashing back to an older version to check?

Flashing Back?

OK, I used the 3.3V adapter I linked above to test this on the 3300C, and still no good. Like before, I get a lot of data during the boot, but it's all garble. It looks like what you get when the baud rate is wrong, but I've tried all the baud rates, plus the camera says it's set up for 115kB.

Interestingly, when I connect the ground wire to the adapter, I don't get anything on the terminal. The RS232 adapter I used before was ok with the ground connected.

Anyway, enough time chasing this for now. I'll have to think on it some more.

OK, I used the 3.3V adapter I linked above to test this on the 3300C, and still no good. Like before, I get a lot of data during the boot, but it's all garble. It looks like what you get when the baud rate is wrong, but I've tried all the baud rates, plus the camera says it's set up for 115kB.

Interestingly, when I connect the ground wire to the adapter, I don't get anything on the terminal. The RS232 adapter I used before was ok with the ground connected.

Anyway, enough time chasing this for now. I'll have to think on it some more.

thanks, keep us updated if u have some more free time to test.

I have Dahua DH-IPC-HFW3200S PAL - 20130517 firmware version. So, ftp uploading works very bad - strange file names, strange dir structure, etc; motion detect very buggy... So I really need newest firmware. Please if someone have it - share it!