some version info on the v2.12

Some nice MD features!

4 independent non rectangular detection areas with different colors

Each area has independent parameters, including name, sensitivity, threshold.

Each region’s name will shown in the log when motion occurs.

pdf: http://strat.net/dahua/IPC-Hx3(2)XX%20V2.212%20baseline%20feature.pdf

Not sure what file has been seen on here but latest i will be testing is "General_IPC-HX3(2)XXX_Eng_P_V2.212.0001.0.R.20131224"

Latest Version--V2.212

•Multiple nonrectangular areas motion detection with different colors

•Multiple Browsers supported

•Onvifprofile S V12.12 test tool passed

•New API protocol V1.37

•DahuaDigital Signature(Dahuafirmware only)

•No clip between mainstream and substream

•Add location in Overlay

•One version , All HX3(2)XX cameras

Edited by Guest

I found EN firmware for my 4300S on this site:

http://www.novosec.hu/

Direct link:

http://www.novosec.hu/components/com_termektamogatas/downloadfile.php?get=/ftp/download/VIDEOSEC/KAMERAK/IP-KAMERAK/HFW4200S/General_IPC-HX5%284%29XXX_Eng_P_V2.210.0000.2.R.20130821.bin

I would not install this firmware without seeing the full distribution package, including readme and compatibility list.

So it looks like the 4XXX series uses different firmware than the 3XXX series:

2XXX/3XXX series = HX3(2)XXX

4XXX/5XXX series = HX5(4)XXX

This makes sense, as the 4300 uses a different sensor and (presumably) CPU than the 3300/3200/2100.

I've ordered a 4300S to test, against my better judgement, and will see what firmware it comes with and whether I'll have any better access to firmware updates (probably wishful thinking).

Anybody know about English NTSC firmware for the 4300S? Googling the key bits of the firmware name above only gives that novosec site - one result.

MaxIcon let me know what you think about it. I had one to test and I noticed that even though it was a 3.6mm lens, I got less coverage than my other 3.6mm lens cameras. See images.

240430_1.jpg

240430_2.jpg

So it looks like the 4XXX series uses different firmware than the 3XXX series:

2XXX/3XXX series = HX3(2)XXX

4XXX/5XXX series = HX5(4)XXX

This makes sense, as the 4300 uses a different sensor and (presumably) CPU than the 3300/3200/2100.

I've ordered a 4300S to test, against my better judgement, and will see what firmware it comes with and whether I'll have any better access to firmware updates (probably wishful thinking).

Anybody know about English NTSC firmware for the 4300S? Googling the key bits of the firmware name above only gives that novosec site - one result.

Hello everyone.

My IPC HFW2100P after updating the firmware is bricked. The Putty terminal via an RS232 see this picture:

Checking DDR......OK

UBL Version: 1.43t(DM368 30/5/2012)

Oscillator: 24MHZ

ARM Rate: 270 MHZ

DDR Rate: 216 MHZ

BootMode: SPI

Starting SPI Memory Copy...

DONE

U-Boot 1.3.6 (jerry) (May 30 2012 - 11:05:27)

DRAM: 128 MB

SF: Got idcode 01 20 18

SF: Detected S25FL128P with page size 256, total 16 MB

In: serial

Out: serial

Err: serial

Ethernet PHY: GENERIC @ 0x05,id:221513

total gio 2

gio[22]=1

gio[25]=1

TFTP from server 192.168.254.254; our IP address is 192.168.1.108; sending through gateway 192.168.1.1

Filename 'upgrade_info_7db780a713a4.txt'.

Load address: 0x80100000

Loading: WARN: emac_send_packet: No link

Retry count exceeded.

Failed to get info.txt

==>use default images

## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 80800000 ...

Image Name: Linux-2.6.18_pro500-davinci_evm-

Image Type: ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)

Data Size: 1938236 Bytes = 1.8 MB

Load Address: 80008000

Entry Point: 80008000

Verifying Checksum ... OK

Loading Kernel Image ... OK

OK

Starting kernel ...

Uncompressing Linux............................................................................................................................... done, booting the kernel.

#

Or such after entering DEBUG STATE:

Checking DDR......OK

UBL Version: 1.43t(DM368 30/5/2012)

Oscillator: 24MHZ

ARM Rate: 270 MHZ

DDR Rate: 216 MHZ

BootMode: SPI

Starting SPI Memory Copy...

DONE

U-Boot 1.3.6 (jerry) (May 30 2012 - 11:05:27)

DRAM: 128 MB

SF: Got idcode 01 20 18

SF: Detected S25FL128P with page size 256, total 16 MB

In: serial

Out: serial

Err: serial

Ethernet PHY: GENERIC @ 0x05,id:221513

total gio 2

gio[22]=1

gio[25]=1

Loading...DHBOOT# BOOT# BOOT# BOOT# BOOT# BOOT# BOOT# ****************

Unknown command 'BOOT#' - try 'help'

DHBOOT#

Сommands described in [http://www.sendspace.com/file/6i3m28] not met ...

Tell me, please, what to do next?

DSCI1111.thumb.jpg.7c5ce0fd24b410593152f9343d263bfd.jpg

DSCI1112.thumb.jpg.9496c99e5043aafb7705d87f8556d36a.jpg

MaxIcon let me know what you think about it. I had one to test and I noticed that even though it was a 3.6mm lens, I got less coverage than my other 3.6mm lens cameras. See images.

Definitely different, though that may be due to the different sensor or a different vendor for the 3.6mm lens. Is the bottom image the 4300S? It doesn't look that good compared to the top image, and part of it appears to be the lens quality...

I'll measure the FOV when mine arrives - hopefully any day now.

As far as I know, nobody's figured out how to use the TFTP setup to unbrick a Dahua camera. Their tech support people can do it, but nobody's had much luck getting anything out of them either.

Be sure to keep us posted on your progress!

As far as I know, nobody's figured out how to use the TFTP setup to unbrick a Dahua camera. Their tech support people can do it, but nobody's had much luck getting anything out of them either.

Yo! Check it out! If it becomes well documented, and it works, this guy's a hero...

http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?topic=6510

Yep. The bottom is the 4300 and the top was the 3200. I wasn't that impressed either, that's why I'm curious to see what you think.

Definitely different, though that may be due to the different sensor or a different vendor for the 3.6mm lens. Is the bottom image the 4300S? It doesn't look that good compared to the top image, and part of it appears to be the lens quality...

It's not that one is better than the other, it's that they are different. The 3200S uses the Sony Exmor sensor, very nice looking picture from it but the issue I had with it is that it's too contrasty and over saturated which makes a prettier picture if that's your goal, but to me the new Aptina sensor in the 4300S has a naturally wider dynamic range but has a duller, less prettier picture but to me has more value for security. They sell both kinds, so the choice is yours to make, but I can see the value in the 4300S over the 3200S.

You can tweak the settings on the 3200S to look more like the 4300S and vice-versa but it won't be 100% the same. For example, you can set WDR on the 3200S but it's done in software, so it won't be quite as good as the 4300S and may actually look duller to achieve the same results. You can set the contrast and saturation up on the 4300S, but will never look quite as good as the 3200S.

Since I can't decide, I use Hikvision and ACTi, LOL!

buellwinkle why do you think the 4300 does not have the same field of view as the 3200 when they were both 3.6mm lens ? They are both made by Dahua, so I find it very odd.

It's not that one is better than the other, it's that they are different. The 3200S uses the Sony Exmor sensor, very nice looking picture from it but the issue I had with it is that it's too contrasty and over saturated which makes a prettier picture if that's your goal, but to me the new Aptina sensor in the 4300S has a naturally wider dynamic range but has a duller, less prettier picture but to me has more value for security. They sell both kinds, so the choice is yours to make, but I can see the value in the 4300S over the 3200S.

You can tweak the settings on the 3200S to look more like the 4300S and vice-versa but it won't be 100% the same. For example, you can set WDR on the 3200S but it's done in software, so it won't be quite as good as the 4300S and may actually look duller to achieve the same results. You can set the contrast and saturation up on the 4300S, but will never look quite as good as the 3200S.

Since I can't decide, I use Hikvision and ACTi, LOL!

Images you have uploaded are of different aspect ratio. The upper (3200) is full HD 16:9 and the bottom (4300) is 4:3...

What is the size of picture sensor? The lens could be the same, but if the sensors are different you achieve diefferent field of view. Check the tech specs of that cameras what field of view they should have...

The Eng-NTSC firmware update (General_IPC-HX3(2)XXX_Eng_N_V2.212.0000.0.R.20131206.bin) was successful for both my Dahuas: HDW2100N and HFW3200S. Thanks ilkevinli! Note: TCP/IP settings did not reset (i.e. did not revert back to static 192.168.1.108). I was nervous for a bit when trying to connect to that and it wasn't working!

Yo! Check it out! If it becomes well documented, and it works, this guy's a hero...

Yes this method works. With some difficulty, but I also restored my dead camera IPC HFW2100.

The myth about the invincibility of the DAHUA destroyed!!!

Yes this method works. With some difficulty, but I also restored my dead camera IPC HFW2100.

The myth about the invincibility of the DAHUA destroyed!!!

Great news - this has been one of Dahua's big weak points!

The only problem with this method that I observed is...it ain't pretty...and it's gonna take MaxIconic ability and experience to pull it off.

Other than that...wow...GREAT work fellas. It's documented over yonder.

Here are the FOV measurements on the 4300S.

3MP, 1.3MP, D1 = 72 degrees HFOV, 53 VFOV

1080P, 720P = 67 degrees HFOV, 37 degrees VFOV

SXGA = 67 degrees HFOV, 53 degrees VFOV

The Dahua website lists 97.6 degrees HFOV for this lens. Hard to say how they could be that far off, but this is Dahua. The marketing people probably used an FOV calculator; hopefully the engineers didn't give them this data.

I'll post more detail in another thread when I've got some time to check it out more, but it looks like it's not that big an improvement over the 3300 series. It still appears to have the over-soft shadow compression, but it's been cloudy for days, so no chance to check thoroughly. Likewise, day/night switching is still unreliable (though the IR is controlled by software now).

Mine came with 2.210.0000.2.R, build : 2013-08-21, and there's a newer version - 20130911, so I'll update it first before doing any extensive testing.

Likewise, day/night switching is still unreliable (though the IR is controlled by software now).

Mine came with 2.210.0000.2.R, build : 2013-08-21, and there's a newer version - 20130911, so I'll update it first before doing any extensive testing.

I have several jobs with the same issue of day/night switching, so I put each Dahua camera on it's own schedule to switch manually between day and night. However for no rhyme or reason, some cameras just go back to full time "day".

Does the Dahua NVR cause this or is there some sort of software glitch? My authorized rebranded U.S. supplier has been of no help in this.

Also no one there seems to know anything about why the motion pattern in each Dahua IP camera is nice and flexible with threshold and sensitivity, the Dahua NVR still has the detect squares and sensitivity from 1-5. Which means changing the detect pattern in the NVR erases the pattern set in the camera and overwrites it with a poor substitute. Do you think the NVR firmware will mesh with the IP camera detect settings at some point? I figure I will never know

Any help would be appreciated.