@maxIcon I've tested your General_IPC-HX3(2)XXX_Eng_P_V2.212.0000.0.R.20131206.zip

and it works well

apparently no difference with 201305xx version

Thanks for the feedback! I've been meaning to upgrade to the NTSC version, but haven't had the time.

Too bad Dahua rarely posts what's in the updates.

Hi Everyone !

Does anyone have the latest firmware of dahua HFW4300 3MP? because the 2.210.0000.2.R, build : 2013-08-21 does not support direct JPG snapshot taken from http://IP:PORT/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi

Actually I have two HFW2100P and a HFW3200S with 2.212.0000.0.R, build : 2013-12-06 that support this stream.

thank you

Alessandro from Italy

Use:

http://CAMERAIP:9989/onvif/media_service/snapshot?channel=1&subtype=0

This wonderful FTP is no longer available (ftp://194.197.92.197/drivers/dahua/). Somebody save firmware for NVR from there? I need FW for NVR5216. Thank you.

If you google the firmware file name (leave off the extension, zip or bin, for more results), you'll see other places that may have it online. If the full file name doesn't work, search on sections of it.

For instance, to find General_NVR3xxx_Eng_P_V2.616.0000.0.R.20140110, I'd search on NVR3xxx 20140110, and then try other parts of the file name if that didn't work.

As always, be careful with Dahua firmware updates.

Hello everyone!

i have some questions about DH-NVR3216 . I bought it in China (i live here now) and it was in Chinese.

i have asked the supplier for English firmware and he gave me this firmware:

General_NVR3xxx_Eng_P_V2.616.0000.0.R.20140110.zip (56618kb)

However he said that if i attempt to change the firmware, it is on my own risk, because the NVR was made for the Chinese market and they never tried to change the language.

I decided to give it a try! From the Zip archive i extracted the bin file:

General_NVR3xxx_Eng_P_V2.616.0000.0.R.20140110.bin (14186kb)

and i installed it with ConfigTool. The install process went normal and after the reboot i could see it in ConfigTool. The interface language changed to English, however in front of each word was added some words like this: &conf.gen.

245292_1.jpg

I tried to go back to the Chinese firmware, but with no success.

Does anybody know how to deal with this kind of problem?

In the zip firmware file that i received from the supplier, there are some other files with bin, img and lua extensions. What are these files for? is there another method to upgrade the firmware using these files?

Any help will be appreciated!

Edited by Guest

Language resources are typically stored in a separate file. The strings you are seeing are resolved at run-time to display the chosen language.

In short, you updated the code, but one of those other files contains the language. (lua maybe?)

Here is the list of the files in the firmware zip archive:

245403_1.jpg

I tried to put install.lua and the .bin files (14186kb) on the USB and upgrade from the USB, but with no result. Firmware language didn't change.

So how about the other .IMG files from archive? What are these files for? i suspect that there are other methods of upgrading the firmware.

Please someone point me in the right direction!

Thanks in advance!

Here is the list of the files in the firmware zip archive:

245403_1.jpg

I tried to put install.lua and the .bin files (14186kb) on the USB and upgrade from the USB, but with no result. Firmware language didn't change.

So how about the other .IMG files from archive? What are these files for? i suspect that there are other methods of upgrading the firmware.

Please someone point me in the right direction!

Thanks in advance!

I had a similar problem! My dahua vendor gave me 2 bin files to upload.

the first was the firmware file, and after reboot I had to upload the second file with Italian language.

This procedure was tested on nvr5216.

you need a language file or a complete firmware that includes even language in order to clear the previous firmware

the first was the firmware file, and after reboot I had to upload the second file with Italian language.

you need a language file or a complete firmware that includes even language in order to clear the previous firmware

Alessandrocolos can you please tell me the name and the size of the second .bin file with the language? Did you use the ConfigTool to upgrade the firmware?

thanks a lot!

Alessandrocolos can you please tell me the name and the size of the second .bin file with the language? Did you use the ConfigTool to upgrade the firmware?

thanks a lot!

the firmware file was 21.7 and "language" file was 20.7MB but both have .bin extension

I don't know anything about your 32xx but have you tried to: reset do default settings;

leave the internal battery for 1 minute and tried to upload the firmware?

How do you upload the firmware to the nvr? you should put it in a usb key plug it in your nvr and then from MENU->INFO->VERSION->UPDATE you should start flashing procedure

The PAL version is in the same directory as the PDF file. I haven't seen a NTSC version yet.

ftp://ftp.wintel.fi/drivers/dahua/cam-fw/IPC-HX5(4)XXX/

Note that the forum software doesn't render that link correctly (at least on my browser). I'd have to copy and paste it, rather than click it.

The file name is

General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX(SD-Adreia)_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.400.0000.0.R.20131231.zip

I don't know what the SD-Adreia in the filename means. Use caution, as always!

The PAL version is in the same directory as the PDF file. I haven't seen a NTSC version yet.

Note that the forum software doesn't render that link correctly (at least on my browser). I'd have to copy and paste it, rather than click it.

The file name is

thank you

I confirm you that General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX(SD-Adreia)_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.400.0000.0.R.20131231.bin

works very well on hfw4300s! now it finally support mjpeg stream! http://ip:portgui/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi

new firmware NVR52xx 2.616 2014-01-10 works fine except:

- tour and cycling channels are very bad (in cycling mode it shows even empty channels with black screen, not excludible) and very very poor customization, instead the previous fw was better under this aspect.

- mjpeg stream http://ip:portgui/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?channel=X works for a few time and then it stops. then I have to reboot the nvr.

with the new version 2.616 now I can set up all the cameras parameters via NVR, very very interesting feature!

Thanks for the feedback. I often wonder if the PAL version will work on the NTSC cams; typically they have different maximum frame rates (25 fps vs 30 fps, for instance), and don't work for fluorescent flicker reduction, but I never run at the max and use my cams outdoors. I'm a little paranoid to try it, given Dahua's issues.

The file name is

Thanks, this is awesome. I have two HFW4300S cameras. One from Amazon which is the PAL version, and one which is the NTSC version. I installed this on the PAL version and it updated just fine. I'm too chicken to even consider putting this on the NTSC cam so I'm not going to.

The new features do seem pretty cool though... the extra motion detection options are nice. I also see that it now supports SNMP v3 if you're into that.

I saved my config settings before and after and in comparing the two I was able to spot some of the things they added in addition to what was in that PDF document. Nothing too mindblowing, although I see settings in there for day/night sensitivity settings (defaults to "2" apparently) and day/night switch delay (defaults to "6"). Not sure what exactly that would do, but I have a good guess. It'd be cool to adjust it slightly so it switches to/from color mode slightly different. For instance, on this camera I can leave it in color mode a bit longer and still get a good image, compared to when it switches automatically.

I may tinker with that later. The GUI adjustments for those are found in the "Conditions" screen for the profiles. Apparently "2" is medium sensitivity (out of low, medium, high) and the delay ranges from 2-10. The built-in help screen doesn't really indicate what the different settings do... is delay in seconds or minutes? Not sure. For instance, when my motion floodlights kick in, there's ample light to switch to color mode at night, but unless the lights are on for 1-2 minutes, it won't flip to color. Maybe I can tweak it so it switches to color mode quicker in that case.

There are of course the documented things like the additional substream, but I only ever use the main one going into BlueIris, but that would still be a nice option for some. 720P is an option in the substream settings now (only on substream 2), besides D1 and CIF (which vary between PAL and NTSC as to the exact resolution).

Be sure to check some of your settings... for instance, I previously didn't have privacy masking set to anything, but when I looked, there were a series of 4 rectangles setup from top-left going diagonally down/right. Not sure why, but easy to remove them. It still had masking disabled so it wouldn't have used those areas anyway.

The layout of that "Overlay" screen looks a lot nicer too. Which reminds me, they did slightly update their CSS a bit... Nothing too crazy, things like the top-right tabs for "Live", "Setup", etc being slightly wider, and a few other spacing changes.

You can overlay a picture now. Maybe for watermarking your snapshots, or sticking some logo or something on there. I guess that could come in handy for some uses. It can only be a max 16KB in size and max 128x128 pixels, 256 color BMP. So yeah, logo or watermark is pretty much what I'm thinking.

There's a new tab in the "Video" section called "Interest Area". You can draw a rectangular area on the image (or multiple areas, up to 4) and set the image quality to either "Dark" or "Clear" for each one. I'm guessing that will tweak the compression settings, maybe? I'm going to try it out and for my area of interest, set it to "clear" and see if it's less fuzzy than usual if I'm digitally zoomed in.

And the new "Abnormality" settings under "Event". It can create an alarm for cases of network disconnect or IP conflict as well as if someone fails to logon X times (3-10 is the range and send an email or raise an alarm once it crosses that point. I'm a little nervous about how it says it will lock the account after that threshold... it doesn't say if/when it auto unlocks the account. What if someone tried it (or I just kept fat-fingering the pass) too many times... am I locked out until a power cycle? Still, that's good to prevent brute-force attempts to gain access.

There's a NAS option under Storage -> Destination, but I don't seem to be able to click "enable". Also, when I compared the backed up config files, I also saw settings in there about SMB storage but I don't see that anywhere in the GUI. Wouldn't that be cool. For the NAS, if I wanted to force it, maybe I could update the config backup to set it true and add the values, then restore that config. But I'm not planning to fuss with that right now.

I had some FTP settings in my old version but I had FTP disabled at the time. It did NOT carry over those FTP settings... maybe because it wasn't enabled? So keep that in mind.

Oh yeah, ONVIF 2.3. Not a big deal to me, but it's there.

Here's the info from my version screen:

Software Version 2.400.0000.0.R, build : 2013-12-31

WEB Version 3.2.4.161826

ONVIF Version 2.3

(note the new ONVIF thing shows up)

There could be more subtle differences... I haven't really gone through everything.

Now if I could get my hands on the NTSC version. That "Interest Area" would be a much more useful option on my other camera since it covers my front door... I want clear faces and would happily sacrifice some blur on the surrounding bushes and trees to get that.

Hmm... one *small* thing...

After the firmware update, Blue Iris is having trouble getting the video stream from the camera. That's odd. It can query the ONVIF info just fine, so I tried both that and the regular Dahua RTSP setup, but in either case, it just says it couldn't connect to the camera. Which I assume merely means it's having trouble with the video stream and not really a connection issue. BI just shows "No signal - I/O error: 0"

If I tell Blue Iris to "Skip initial DNS and reachability tests" I might get a single frame out of it at first, but then nothing.

I'm going to have to experiment some and see if there are particular settings in the video encoding that Blue Iris doesn't like. I'm guessing this problem is particular to Blue Iris... the video from the web interface shows up just fine, so I know the camera itself is working, but I don't have anything else handy to actually test the H.264 stream.

----

Testing a bit here before I post... if I switch the camera to 1080P then BI sees it just fine. My 3MP settings were for H.264H (I also tried H.264, no change), 20 FPS, VBR, Quality: 4, Bit Rate: 2048, and iframe of 40. Pretty conservative settings, I think. I left all those the same when I switched to 1080P.

Back at 3MP, I got BI working again by changing the frame rate to 10, CBR, 4096 for bit rate, and 20 for iframe. Maybe my old settings with the lower bandwidth were just causing the stream to simply not be able to "fit" into that 2048 Kbps bit rate I gave it. I only did that originally because when I first installed the camera, it seemed like either it or BI was struggling with the data coming in.

Mind you, the computer I run BI on is a nice i7-3770K system with 32GB of memory and a dedicated RAID 0 for the video recordings, so it's not underpowered by any stretch.

Anyway, just be aware that if you install this firmware upgrade and BI is having issues, you might want to check some things because what worked before may not work after.

There's a new tab in the "Video" section called "Interest Area". You can draw a rectangular area on the image (or multiple areas, up to 4) and set the image quality to either "Dark" or "Clear" for each one. I'm guessing that will tweak the compression settings, maybe? I'm going to try it out and for my area of interest, set it to "clear" and see if it's less fuzzy than usual if I'm digitally zoomed in.

I'm playing with the interest area, and it seems like you can't set each of your 4 rectangles to dark or clear separately... you pick your areas and then they are *all* clear or *all* dark.

For fun, I picked some boring parts of the image and set them to dark, and you can REALLY tell the difference. Those "dark" regions are super pixellated. So if you have some parts of your FOV that you really don't care about, set them to dark and call it good. You'll free up bandwidth for the parts you do care about to show up better.

Or if you have some area that you're really interested in but the other stuff is something you still want to show up somewhat okay, then use the "clear" option and highlight those areas.

I tested that out as well, although I've only got some boring static things to look at like the neighbor's parked car. But the difference is pretty obvious. It's like the 3d noise removal is working differently for that area... kind of like it seems grainier in a sense, but more detail/less blur from frame to frame.

I'd really have to see it on a moving object to get a real sense of it, but it's definitely a cool feature, and probably worth the upgrade by itself.

In fact, the "clear" thing may be why I had my Blue Iris issue, because I had originally marked a large section of my driveway to be "clear"... maybe that pumped up the image stream past what my bandwidth limit could handle.

Speaking of bandwidth, I was able to go to CBR and 4096 Kbps at 20 frames (iframe 40) which is something I had issues with previously when I first got the camera. It seems like that's working pretty good right now so I'm leaving it that way.

Hello everyone!

i have some questions about DH-NVR3216 . I bought it in China (i live here now) and it was in Chinese.

i have asked the supplier for English firmware and he gave me this firmware:

General_NVR3xxx_Eng_P_V2.616.0000.0.R.20140110.zip (56618kb)

However he said that if i attempt to change the firmware, it is on my own risk, because the NVR was made for the Chinese market and they never tried to change the language.

I decided to give it a try! From the Zip archive i extracted the bin file:

General_NVR3xxx_Eng_P_V2.616.0000.0.R.20140110.bin (14186kb)

and i installed it with ConfigTool. The install process went normal and after the reboot i could see it in ConfigTool. The interface language changed to English, however in front of each word was added some words like this: &conf.gen.

245292_1.jpg

I tried to go back to the Chinese firmware, but with no success.

Does anybody know how to deal with this kind of problem?

In the zip firmware file that i received from the supplier, there are some other files with bin, img and lua extensions. What are these files for? is there another method to upgrade the firmware using these files?

Any help will be appreciated!

Have you solve your question at last?

Here's the NTSC 20131231 version for the 4300S and other 4/5 series cams: General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX_Eng_N_V2.400.0000.0.R.20131231.bin. The file is zipped for error detection.

I've installed this on my HFW4300S, and it seems to be working fine.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5RXJz1sMJ9VLVdhbjB5SzdaMWM/edit?usp=sharing

Aside from the changes MPB listed a few posts back about the PAL version, it's also got gamma correction and more dedicated settings for low noise/no motion blur. I haven't tested any of the new features yet.

Here's the description file from Dahua:

ftp://ftp.wintel.fi/drivers/dahua/cam-fw/IPC-HX5(4)XXX/IPC-Hx5(4)XX%20V2.4%20baseline%20feature.pdf

I've pulled the text from it here:

Network Camera

Latest Firmware feature--2014.1

Firmware

Latest Version--V2.4

•Three streams, one mainstream and two substreams

•No clip between mainstream and substreams

•Multiple nonrectangular areas motion detection with different colors

•JPG playback and video cut supported

•ROI supported

•Corridor Mode

•Unauthenticated access supported

•NAS supported

•Multiple Browsers supported

•Onvifprofile S V13.06 test tool passed

•Onvifauthentication supported

•PSIA supported

•New API protocol V1.37

•DahuaDigital Signature(Dahuafirmware only)

•Add location and picture overlay in Overlay

Three streams

•One mainstream and two substreamscan be chosen at live page

•Set different resolution, frame rate, encode mode at setup page

1.3MP mainstream

D1 substream1

720P substream2

Motion Detection

•4 independent nonrectangular detection areas with different colors

•Each area has independent parameters, including name, sensitivity, threshold.

•Each region’s name will shown in the log when motion occurs.

Playback

•Not only play the record but also the jpg on the browser from the SD card

•Download the picture from the local storage

•Choose the download format

•Support video cut

•Digital zoom in and snapshot when playback

ROI

•Set 4 regions of interest, only in the mainstream

•Choose the video in ROI fuzzy or sharp

Corridor Mode

•Support the corridor mode when clockwise 90°

Unauthorized Access

•Set the allowance times for login error

•Choose the activities when alarm occurs

NAS

•Support NAS, provide the third way to storage besides SD Card and FTP

•Send record and snapshot to the NAS server

API protocol

Key feature

•Take extra-stream snapshot

•Holiday schedule setting

•NAS setting

•Software version query

•Set location in Overlay

Onvifprofile S conformance passed

•Support camera setting

•Motion detection

•Device capacity detection

•Integration with most of software platforms easier

•V13.06 test tool passed

•Onvif version 2.3

Browsers&ActiveX

Do not active the alarm from explorer that our firmware isn’t trusted.

Support IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10 and Chrome , Firefox

Support windows 8, MAC, Linux(Linux activeX need to be updated seperately)

Location&Picture

Support location and picture in Overlay tab

Support models

•HX5xxx series:HDB(W)5100、HDB(W)5200、HDB(W)5100-DI、IPC-HDB(W)5200-DI、HF5100、HF5200、HFW5100C、HFW5200C、、HFW5200-IRA、HFW5100-IRA、HFW5200D HFW5100D、

•HX4xxx series:HFW4100S、HFW4200S、HFW4300S、HDW4100S、HDW4200S、HDW4300S、HDB4100C、HDB4105C、HDB4200C、HDB4300C

Hi Do you have the NTSC firmware for HFW4300S,I Have a camera in PAL.Thank you!