To come back to the Language problem some people including me are facing.

Can someone help me modify a flash file ?

I have firmware for english and chinese. The NVR does not find the translation when I put the english firmware. Because the language selection is blocked in the NVR menu.

I want to put the english language file in the chinese firmware file. It is because the NVR searches for the Chinese file it does not find it in English or German firmware. Furthermore I found they put a check to view the supported language files of the NVR. I paid 300 USD for this useless NVR because the seller gave me unusable chinese version. Dahua does not want people to buy the chinese NVR and put the English firmware. The problem would be solved if I could rename the file English.txt to SplChinese.txt in the firmware then the NVR should think he has the correct file. However I do not know how to edit the files in telnet because all corresponding partitions except one are Read-only. I also tried to remount the partition because it is not writable via Telnet however I do not manage to do it.

So I guess I need to modify the BIN file and reflash??

2 Defender666

In fact, it is not as difficult as it seems.

I did it many times.

I have included on the Chinese Dahua DVR, NVR, IPC as English and of course, though only Russian.

I have been rebuilt with custom firmware for these devices.

I have many examples http://vk.com/albums221982133

A little effort and you too will succeed

What's your NVR and what version of firmware?

Can you provide remote access to your NVR?

ONE more thing.

Does anyone else have the problem that on the IP Cameras the MP4 download from the SD Card does not work. It transcode 10..15...20%..100% then nothing. No file download

What's your IPC and what version of firmware?

In fact, it is not as difficult as it seems.

I did it many times.

I have included on the Chinese Dahua DVR, NVR, IPC as English and of course, though only Russian.

I have been rebuilt with custom firmware for these devices.

I have many examples http://vk.com/albums221982133

A little effort and you too will succeed

Then how about writing a little tutorial on doing this? I guess a lot of people

like to know how to do that

Which model are you referring to and how did you try to mount the file system as 'rw' ?

We need some more information to help you out. iTuneDVR should be able to help

you out since he has a lot of experiences doing those stuffs.

To come back to the Language problem some people including me are facing.

Can someone help me modify a flash file ?

I have firmware for english and chinese. The NVR does not find the translation when I put the english firmware. Because the language selection is blocked in the NVR menu.

I want to put the english language file in the chinese firmware file. It is because the NVR searches for the Chinese file it does not find it in English or German firmware. Furthermore I found they put a check to view the supported language files of the NVR.

I paid 300 USD for this useless NVR because the seller gave me unusable chinese version.

Dahua does not want people to buy the chinese NVR and put the English firmware.

The problem would be solved if I could rename the file English.txt to SplChinese.txt in the firmware then the NVR should think he has the correct file. However I do not know how to edit the files in telnet because all corresponding partitions except one are Read-only.

I also tried to remount the partition because it is not writable via Telnet however I do not manage to do it.

So I guess I need to modify the BIN file and reflash??

ONE more thing.

Does anyone else have the problem that on the IP Cameras the MP4 download from the SD Card does not work. It transcode 10..15...20%..100% then nothing. No file download

Then how about writing a little tutorial on doing this? I guess a lot of people

like to know how to do that

I also have a great sense of humor and use it and answer.

There is nothing better than to spend fun and a huge advantage in the search for the time and research the answers to this question.

I'm not some Linux guru, which is only available.

I am a simple and ordinary man, same as everyone do his favorite thing that gives me the joy of one continuous research on information technology and not only that.

So I can not deny anyone the same joy and happiness from independent studies and research!

You will be a storm of emotions and indispensable as a result of the success!

For personal use, you do it yourself, and if it is necessary for business purposes, it offers a welcome simply agree to cooperate on mutually beneficial terms!

And so I was not accused of being greedy and I do not want to share information, that some time ago, I shared the secrets of Dahua Technology with the hero of this forum and my English friend CBX!

Friends always help each other because they are friends!

Here is a mysterious Russian soul! Always help the wise advice, if asked for help, and does not impose his views to others and teach them how to live and how to breathe!

I purchased 8 more of the HFW4300S cameras (NTSC flavor), and they are now being shipped with a newer firmware.

Software Version

2.420.0000.0.R, build : 2014-04-19

WEB Version

ONVIF Version

I tried using the link in a previous post to get this firmware to update my previously purchased 4300S cameras.

http://www.dh-vision.com/main/firmware/IPC/HX5(4)XXX/General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.420.0000.0.R.20140419/General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.420.0000.0.R.20140419.bin

This firmware is not the same as what comes on the newly acquired units. The ONVIF version on mine is newer and there are various differences in the configuration screens.

I've contacted my distributor to get this newer firmware to bring all of our 4300S cameras to the same build. If I get this, I'll let you know.

I purchased 8 more of the HFW4300S cameras (NTSC flavor), and they are now being shipped with a newer firmware.

Software Version 2.420.0000.0.R, build : 2014-04-19

WEB Version 3.2.4.184667

ONVIF Version2.4.1

I tried using the link in a previous post to get this firmware to update my previously purchased 4300S cameras.

http://www.dh-vision.com/main/firmware/IPC/HX5(4)XXX/General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.420.0000.0.R.20140419/General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.420.0000.0.R.20140419.bin

This firmware is not the same as what comes on the newly acquired units. The ONVIF version on mine is newer and there are various differences in the configuration screens.

I've contacted my distributor to get this newer firmware to bring all of our 4300S cameras to the same build. If I get this, I'll let you know.

You do not have to wait for the firmware from the distributor, and download the part of firmware directly from your IP camera. Then, in general it will be clear what the difference between the firmware.

Software Version 2.420.0000.0.R, build : 2014-04-19

WEB Version 3.2.4.184667

ONVIF Version2.4.1

You do not have to wait for the firmware from the distributor, and download the part of firmware directly from your IP camera. Then, in general it will be clear what the difference between the firmware.

I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying.

I can download the firmware from the new cameras I received, and then use that firmware to update the older versions?

I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying.

I can download the firmware from the new cameras I received, and then use that firmware to update the older versions?

You just do not know how to do it. That's all.

And what is expressed in a significant difference in your opinion between the two chambers with different firmware?

Software Version

2.420.0000.0.R, build : 2014-04-19

WEB Version

ONVIF Version

Updating from the file above my 2 x 4200S now show:

Software Version2.420.0000.0.R, build : 2014-04-19

WEB Version3.2.4.184667

ONVIF Version2.4.1

While new 4300S shows exactly the same thing.

Please.

I can not find the firmware anywhere CCTV Camera DH-IPC-K6-l. Maybe you can help someone. The current firmware:

IPC-K6

2.100.0000.6.R, Build: 2012-05-31

I can confirm that iTuneDVR is very helpfull and he has no financial interest to help people solve there problems with Dahua products.

My NVR was useless with Chinese Firmware he applied a modified firmware to my NVR and now I can use it with german language.

Very helpful person and did it for free.

I understand that not every secret shall be posted on forum, so we keep always the doors open.

Thank you and warm greeting to iTuneDVR

I can confirm that iTuneDVR is very helpfull and he has no financial interest to help people solve there problems with Dahua products.

My NVR was useless with Chinese Firmware he applied a modified firmware to my NVR and now I can use it with german language.

Very helpful person and did it for free.

I understand that not every secret shall be posted on forum, so we keep always the doors open.

Thank you and warm greeting to iTuneDVR

Deffender666!

Thanks!

Russian always lend a helping hand to all those who got in trouble and who ask for personal assistance is not looking for no benefit. Of course, this can not be about money.

However, I do not have to bail out all because of their carelessness, stupidity and greed.

Chinese technique always and only with the Chinese language!!!

And besides, as a rule immediately clear whether or not to help, and from whom do not need to carry on a conversation and do something even for money!

Hey iTuneDVR,

Maybe you can help me with my issue, that I have been hitting my head on for a while now !

Its here. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39039&start=45

Write me to e-mail and describe your current situation.

At the forum too much written !!!

Give me a full remote access to your IPC: set by it directly or if it is behind a router to address IPC place in the DMZ

I'll see.

Hey iTuneDVR,

Maybe you can help me with my issue, that I have been hitting my head on for a while now !

Give me a full remote access to your IPC: set by it directly or if it is behind a router to address IPC place in the DMZ

I'll see.

Never mind. Email Sent via the forum. I really hope you can help me !

Edited by Guest

Hey iTuneDVR,

I'll see.

Whats the email ?

Check your e-mail!

Hello,

I think I have bricked my Dahua NVR3104-P during a firmware upgrade through USB. It wont startup/beep when I apply power.

Read up on the firmware upgrade through Ncom and Tftp with a FTDI cable but can't get it to work/connect.

I've got 4 unlabeled pins on my motherboard and an USB TTL-232R 3V3 cable.

Does anyone know how to connect it?

Thanks,

Dennis

Hello,

I think I have bricked my Dahua NVR3104-P during a firmware upgrade through USB. It wont startup/beep when I apply power.

Read up on the firmware upgrade through Ncom and Tftp with a FTDI cable but can't get it to work/connect.

I've got 4 unlabeled pins on my motherboard and an USB TTL-232R 3V3 cable.

Does anyone know how to connect it?

Thanks, Dennis

I use to restore the adapter TTL-RS232 5V, null modem cable and a PC with hardware COM port.

NCOM or hyperterminal.

If there is a full firmware image (img) that recovery is rapid, if not, then in parts.

There is nothing complicated.

There is nothing complicated.

You keep using that word...

catseyenu!

I say this so because the matter does not need to have super knowledge to do this and things like that or find a telnet password hikvision firmware 2.3.9.

This can make each would it wish!

Hi all.

Does anyone have any tips for upgrading the firmware on my IPC-HDB4300C ??

I have two of them. Both purchased separately through Amazon and shipped from different companies in August 2014. They both have the same firmware. v2.210.W100.0.R build : 2014-01-15. Both cameras respond the same to the firmware install attempts.

I have tried upgrading directly through the camera via System/Upgrade, and by using the Dahua General Config Tool. In fact, I tried version 1.06.1, 1.07.2 and 1.07.3 of the config tool. I even tried the Chinese language config tool.

When upgrading directly from the camera via System/Upgrade, it just times out under "Transmitting files". It never gets past that point. I tried it in both Chrome & Firefox. IE does not let me log into the camera. It just sits at the login screen after entering credentials.

When attempting to upgrade using the config tool, it sends the firmware file just fine, and then goes to "File Transmission Succeeded. System is upgrading now." - then displays "Upgrade Failed".

The firmware I am attempting to install is General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.420.0000.0.R.20140419.bin

Any help is appreciated!

Hi all.

Does anyone have any tips for upgrading the firmware on my IPC-HDB4300C ??

I have two of them. Both purchased separately through Amazon and shipped from different companies in August 2014. They both have the same firmware. v2.210.W100.0.R build : 2014-01-15. Both cameras respond the same to the firmware install attempts.

I have tried upgrading directly through the camera via System/Upgrade, and by using the Dahua General Config Tool. In fact, I tried version 1.06.1, 1.07.2 and 1.07.3 of the config tool. I even tried the Chinese language config tool.

When upgrading directly from the camera via System/Upgrade, it just times out under "Transmitting files". It never gets past that point. I tried it in both Chrome & Firefox. IE does not let me log into the camera. It just sits at the login screen after entering credentials.

When attempting to upgrade using the config tool, it sends the firmware file just fine, and then goes to "File Transmission Succeeded. System is upgrading now." - then displays "Upgrade Failed".

The firmware I am attempting to install is General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.420.0000.0.R.20140419.bin

Any help is appreciated!

Of course there are more configtool later, for example version 2.0 but I do not think so in this case.

Perhaps you have broken your firmware and naturally it does not pass any update for authorization on IPC, try in your configtool use port 3800.

configtool2.0.jpg.3054eee0c1d883567692d91763ca211e.jpg

Good news! With the help of HD Security Store, the vendor that sold me the Dahua camera, I was able to get the firmware updated. Here is what was needed:

In the config tool, when you select your particular camera and select the "Login" button, you're presented with IP Address, User Name, Password, and Port. By default, the port is populated with 37777. Simply change this to 3800, and Voila! The firmware installs correctly.

I don't know why this works. My camera itself has the TCP port set to 37777, but who cares why it works as long as it does.

I now have the General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.420.0000.0.R.20140419 firmware running on my cameras. Nice!

If you order a Dahua on Amazon, be sure to choose HD Security Store as the seller. Their support makes it well worth it!