Hello guys. I've been spending about 2 hours trying to figure PC-NVR inside PSS and searching the entire net but found no answer. Well. How are you supposed to playback what is in PC-NVR? Can it boot-up in pc separately? There seems no option to do that? How do you access its menu? Is its menu like in the dedicated nvrs? Tnx

So I finally got around to updating the firmware in my Dahua IPC-HF3500 to the latest firmware.

Software Version - 2.420.0000.0.R, build : 2014-04-14

It fixed a number of problems including not being able to see the live stream. I now however cannot record to the onboard SD card.

I have tried a number of work arounds I found on the web. Reformatting with an SD card formatting program appeared to work as the card reported as ok however the problem returned when the camera was rebooted.

Any ideas? Is there an older firmware version I can roll back to to eliminate this problem? Is anyone else having this issue? I also have the time issue but the camera's still report the correct local time despite the time zone changing.

139833246_DahuaSDCardError.thumb.jpg.5d8e183cba7313ae39a703b3d2c3a126.jpg

Hello Guys,

Today I received ordered Dahua IPC-HFW4300S-V2 camera. Camera as usuall. But after start I saw Dahua's logo and Chinese letters. Login as usuall: admin/admin. Inside all in Chinese. Firmware is:

IPC-HFW4300S-V2

2.420.0002.0.R build 2014-06-21

WEB: 3.2.4.184667

ONVIF: 2.4.1

I tried to upload firmware from 2014-04-19 and latest from 2014-12-05 by Dahua Config Tool and firmware is uploading and after few seconds there is a message that Updating was not successfully or similar.

It seems as blocked firmware inside.

I connected to the camera by Telnet and there is normal "inside": BusyBox and files tree same as other 4300s's.

Do You have any idea how to replace this firmware to an English version?.

Regards,

Lukasz

dahua_.jpg.5a556d80c620883be468a0741d185bcd.jpg

contact your seller for the correct English firmware. You can try using port 3800 instead of 37777 for the upgrade with ConfigTool

Hi,

Thank You. I just checked and tried to change 37777 to 3800. By Config Tool I can not do this. In camera I see message that "port is occupied, save failed". Of course in Chinese...

I checked in Windows "netstat -an" and there is no 3800 port....

I am using ConfigTool V1.0.5 when you open it up select your camera's ip - hit 'Login'. Change the userid and/or password to whatever you are using as admin. You should be able to change the port to 3800. It takes a while but eventually you'll be logged in. I think others have said that you might have to try few times but I have always been able to the first time. Once you are logged in you can tab over to 'System Upgrade' browse to your file and then upgrade. I just tried this with a new HDW4300C and I was able to login with ConfigTool at port 3800. Try to power cycle your camera and wait for it to boot up and you see it in ConfigTool that might clear the 3800 port.

Hi,

It was helped me. I logged in from ConfigTool 1.0.5 by typing 3800 port, then login by default password and login. Then upgrade was successfully ended, device reboted, it sounds "click" twice. Now camera is responding from IP address, I can login by telnet. But WEB UI in browser is not answering

You might try another approach - log into your camera via web. You'll be at the preview screen. Select the second tab from the right on the top. This will be the 'Setup'. On the left of the screen you'll see 6 major menu entries. These will be from the top - down : Camera; Network; Event; Storage; System; Information. Select the second from the bottom which is 'System' (系統) This will exand into a number of sub-menus. The first of these will be 'General' (一般) - select it. The next screen will have three entries: 'Device name' this is your serial number; Language (語言) which should look like this (中國) since the cam already is using Chinese. You'll want to change this to English. The last entry is 'Video Standard' (視頻標準) either NTSC or PAL. Along the bottom there are three buttons 'Default' (默認) ; 'Refresh'(刷新); 'Save'(保存). Obviously you'll want to use 'Save' the camera will then reboot. I used Google Translate for this so I apologize if the translations or not correct.

I hope this works for you!

Update: sorry while I was preparing this I missed your reply above. I'll leave instruction since it might help someone.

Edited by Guest

Thanks, but now all works without web access... From telnet I can login to camera, see files, memory, etc. Device is responding for ping. Typing an ip address in Mozilla and IE is ending with "page can not be find".

I connected to camera by Telnet and I see something strange.

inet addr:192.168.1.101  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0

Broadcast is changed to 192.168.1.255.

Question:

How I can change it in camera? It was set to 192.168.1.1 before "force" upgrading. On other Dahua's 4300s this firmware from 2014-12-05 was upgraded successfully.

Edit:

I checked it on other, working camera and Bcast is the same as this...

I connected to camera by Telnet and I see something strange.

inet addr:192.168.1.101  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0

Broadcast is changed to 192.168.1.255.

Question:

How I can change it in camera? It was set to 192.168.1.1 before "force" upgrading. On other Dahua's 4300s this firmware from 2014-12-05 was upgraded successfully.

Edit:

I checked it on other, working camera and Bcast is the same as this...

The broadcast IP is correct. You might be thinking of the gateway IP address which is a different thing. Broadcast addresses are typically going to be the IP address where the host part of the subnet is all ones in binary (255 in the last octet of a class C address like yours, for example). But don't worry about that, it won't affect you really.

Sounds like you might need to reflash or flash a different version if the web interface isn't working.

The broadcast IP is correct. You might be thinking of the gateway IP address which is a different thing. Broadcast addresses are typically going to be the IP address where the host part of the subnet is all ones in binary (255 in the last octet of a class C address like yours, for example). But don't worry about that, it won't affect you really.

Yes, I recall it... Thanks.

Sounds like you might need to reflash or flash a different version if the web interface isn't working.

Yes, there is as I supposed. Now I am searching this firmware which was originally in camera. It was Chinese Pal version from 21.06.2014. Maybe I will find it and it can change something.

I will try to connect this camera to Dahua's NVR with POE. After connecting this, POE switch is changing all settings and take control on the camera. If it will work in this configuration it will be ok for me. I don't need web interface...

Hello Guys,

Today I received ordered Dahua IPC-HFW4300S-V2 camera. Camera as usuall. But after start I saw Dahua's logo and Chinese letters. Login as usuall: admin/admin. Inside all in Chinese. Firmware is:

IPC-HFW4300S-V2

2.420.0002.0.R build 2014-06-21

WEB: 3.2.4.184667

ONVIF: 2.4.1

I tried to upload firmware from 2014-04-19 and latest from 2014-12-05 by Dahua Config Tool and firmware is uploading and after few seconds there is a message that Updating was not successfully or similar.

It seems as blocked firmware inside.

I connected to the camera by Telnet and there is normal "inside": BusyBox and files tree same as other 4300s's.

Do You have any idea how to replace this firmware to an English version?.

Regards,

Lukasz

Hi, the 2000 "V2" series uses a distinct firmware than "V1" ones. It might be the same for the 4000'sThat's why u might be having problem, no?

Hi, all Dahua's 4300s are described as IPC-HFW4300S-V2 on the labels.

I compared mainboards of "good" device and this one. All is the same, printed letters are the same, etc. It was only software trouble. Probably I tried to upload higher version than it was. Maybe if I try lower version than was, all would be ok. Now I can not test it .

This version of firmware I saw on same movie on YouTube in English, NTSC version when some guy was tested this camera. But I could not find this version...

Hi,

I know pretty much nothing about networking, network cameras, etc.

I have an HFW-4300s that was completely unresponsive & dropped by my NVR. When connected to my LAN, I could see the MAC address and IP, but could not access the camera via web browser, or log in with the config tool.

I was able to upgrade the camera using the config tool through port 3800 with the .bin file I found here:

http://www.dh-vision.com/main/firmware/IPC/HX5%284%29XXX/General_IPC-HX5%284%29XXX_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.420.0000.0.R.20140419/

This is the upgrade file for an English NTSC camera.

After upgrading, the camera became responsive again, and now seems to be functioning properly.

I tried to download this .bin file from a link posted earlier in this thread, but my download of that file was corrupted somehow, and the upgrade failed.

I probably would not have been able to get this camera working again without reading this thread, thank you all.

Thank you to everybody in this thread!! This is fantastic stuff. I have learned a ton about my Dahua camera (IPC-HDBW4300E)

I was able to download the following firmware file and apply it only to then notice that it is the PAL version. Does anybody have the 2014-12-05 version in NTSC?

Need "General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.420.0005.0.R.20141205.bin" but for NTSC

Edited by Guest

Now I don't remember where I found this. I checked it on my cameras and it was working. Both PAL and NTSC versions. If you need some of this please give me an email address by private message. I will send it to you.

PM sent... Thanks!

Now I don't remember where I found this. I checked it on my cameras and it was working. Both PAL and NTSC versions. If you need some of this please give me an email address by private message. I will send it to you.