Dear colleagues,

I recently bought two Dahua IP cameras, model IPC-KW12W. The ones I bought do not have P2P functionality, which is something that I need for this particular customer (firmware "2.420.0000.0.R, build : 2014-09-24"). After investigating a little bit through this and other forums, I was able to download a newer firmware that apparently incorporates the P2P functionality and also supports this camera model. The firmware name is "DH_IPC-HX1100_Eng_P_P2P_V2.420.0000.0.R.20150601.bin", and the ftp site, where I got it, is:

ftp://ftp.asm.cz/Dahua/kamerove_systemy/_Firmware/04IPC/support_P2P/HX1100/DH/1506/

I already contacted the local supplier to get an "official" firmware but so far I did not get any positive answer.

Before I try the one that I have, I would like to know if there is someone that has already tested this firmware in this camera and can confirm that it is working properly.

Any comment or suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Sebastián

Dear colleagues, tell me please, where can download firmware (English lang PAL) for the cameras IPC-HFW4300R-Z and IPC-HDW4300C?

Thanks in advance.

Found and downloaded both the original and new firmware files. Edited both in a hex editor to change DH to PK on line 1. ... then hex edited PK back to DH.]

It sounds like this is a necessary step in being able to unpack the firmware, but I'm curious as to why? What's the archive format of the firmware? How exactly does this change enable unpacking this particular format?

Justin

After using HexEditor, I can simply open the .bin file as is (without renaming it to .zip) using Total Commander (it is possible to need WinRAR instaled). Then delete check.img and copy it againg from R.20140621_a.bin.

General_IPC-4300S_Stream3_V2.420.0002.0.R.20140621_a.bin was found online. Seems to be my original 4300S-V2 firmware.

Another discution may be related by the names of the firmware files.. I tried to use:

- DH_IPC-HX5(4)XXX-Adreia_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.420.0008.0.R.20150710.bin and maybe, being an Dahua (DH) (not General) firmware, it broke my camera..

Now I am afraid to check other 2015 firmware like:

- General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX_Eng_N_Stream3_IVS_V2.420.0000.10.R.20150424

which is a General one, because i already cut out the wires from the camera board and I can't use my Serial-TTL adapter..

i have dahua 4MP camera english firmware files !can you modify it ?Let it to upgrade dahua 4 mp camera english webpage!

i have all dahua camera model firmware file ,if you need it ,please e-mail to me !number200058@hotmail.com

Found and downloaded both the original and new firmware files. Edited both in a hex editor to change DH to PK on line 1. ... then hex edited PK back to DH.]

It sounds like this is a necessary step in being able to unpack the firmware, but I'm curious as to why? What's the archive format of the firmware? How exactly does this change enable unpacking this particular format?

Justin

Yeah I have to admit, I wasn't sure and was just following others. Though I just did a check, and for sure you cannot delete or overwrite anything in the archive (when it is renamed to zip), whereas when you do the hexedit you can change whatever you want..

Dear colleagues,

I recently bought two Dahua IP cameras, model IPC-KW12W. The ones I bought do not have P2P functionality, which is something that I need for this particular customer (firmware "2.420.0000.0.R, build : 2014-09-24"). After investigating a little bit through this and other forums, I was able to download a newer firmware that apparently incorporates the P2P functionality and also supports this camera model. The firmware name is "DH_IPC-HX1100_Eng_P_P2P_V2.420.0000.0.R.20150601.bin", and the ftp site, where I got it, is:

ftp://ftp.asm.cz/Dahua/kamerove_systemy/_Firmware/04IPC/support_P2P/HX1100/DH/1506/

I already contacted the local supplier to get an "official" firmware but so far I did not get any positive answer.

Before I try the one that I have, I would like to know if there is someone that has already tested this firmware in this camera and can confirm that it is working properly.

Any comment or suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Sebastián

Is not matching of firmware files!if you do it !your camera ipc-kw12w will lose a lot of functionality

After using HexEditor, I can simply open the .bin file as is (without renaming it to .zip) using Total Commander (it is possible to need WinRAR instaled). Then delete check.img and copy it againg from R.20140621_a.bin.

General_IPC-4300S_Stream3_V2.420.0002.0.R.20140621_a.bin was found online. Seems to be my original 4300S-V2 firmware.

Another discution may be related by the names of the firmware files.. I tried to use:

- DH_IPC-HX5(4)XXX-Adreia_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.420.0008.0.R.20150710.bin and maybe, being an Dahua (DH) (not General) firmware, it broke my camera..

Now I am afraid to check other 2015 firmware like:

- General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX_Eng_N_Stream3_IVS_V2.420.0000.10.R.20150424

which is a General one, because i already cut out the wires from the camera board and I can't use my Serial-TTL adapter..

i have dahua 4MP camera english firmware files !can you modify it ?Let it to upgrade dahua 4 mp camera english webpage!

i have all dahua camera model firmware file ,if you need it ,please e-mail to me !number200058@hotmail.com

i send you english firmware file ,then please you modify it and send new firmware files to me !Let me try to upgrade the camera!if it broke my camera. i let dahua company engineer to repair it!Expect more cooperation !

i send you english firmware file ,then please you modify it and send new firmware files to me !Let me try to upgrade the camera!if it broke my camera. i let dahua company engineer to repair it!Expect more cooperation !

Hi there! I don't understand what your problem is.. Is your camera a Chinese one? Have you English firmware?

Hi there! I don't understand what your problem is.. Is your camera a Chinese one? Have you English firmware?

yes !my camera is chinese firmware !i have english firmware file !but I use the English firmware file to upgrade the camera failed!can you help me ?

If I use Chinese firmware file to upgrade the camera! It will display the camera upgrade firmware success!

If I use english firmware file to upgrade the camera! It will display the camera upgrade firmware fail!

I think the English firmware file, need to modify the contents of it!

1.jpg.9f6d4bda9995fe4bac6ac591ea0a7b89.jpg

2.jpg.a9e8a868855cb6f097aa481c1b959039.jpg

3.jpg.ac2c6d820a7fdde066043c18f0047391.jpg

Hi.

Unfortunately I can't give an advice to you because you have a different kind of camera. I don't know if the firmware modifing will give the ability to burn English firmware..

What is couriousvto me: I also have an Dahua NVR104-p with Chinese firmware and English interface. But, last nigjt, I was able to simply write English firmware from 2015 without any problems..

So I want to try the method of replacing the check.img from my original firmware. My camera has the 20141103 dated firmware, but in all the download links that have been posted, I cannot find the original firmware.

Not really sure how I to proceed from here. Anyone have a link to that firmware?

p.s. As per my earlier post, for anyone interested, the first character of 'PK' (the ascii char 'P') has a hex value of 0x50, which is part of the zip file header format. Therefore replacing those first two bytes in a hex editor allows you to extract as a zip. Must have been Dahua's half-assed attempt at making their firmware 'unreadable'.

Hi.

Unfortunately I can't give an advice to you because you have a different kind of camera. I don't know if the firmware modifing will give the ability to burn English firmware..

What is couriousvto me: I also have an Dahua NVR104-p with Chinese firmware and English interface. But, last nigjt, I was able to simply write English firmware from 2015 without any problems..

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=C385B2D31BDB4A0B%21105&cid=C385B2D31BDB4A0B&group=0

Please download it by youself!

I do not understand the binary files (X.bin file )!

Can you help me modify it, then send it to me!

my e-mail: number20058@hotmail.com

Next time, if you need any dahua camera model and nvr english firmware ,I can send to you!

So I want to try the method of replacing the check.img from my original firmware. My camera has the 20141103 dated firmware, but in all the download links that have been posted, I cannot find the original firmware.

Not really sure how I to proceed from here. Anyone have a link to that firmware?

p.s. As per my earlier post, for anyone interested, the first character of 'PK' (the ascii char 'P') has a hex value of 0x50, which is part of the zip file header format. Therefore replacing those first two bytes in a hex editor allows you to extract as a zip. Must have been Dahua's half-assed attempt at making their firmware 'unreadable'.

tell me your camera model ,i send the the latest firmware file to you !

Hi Peter. For modifiing your firmware you will need the new firmware and the old firmware as well. I imagine that you have now an Chinese firmware modified to have English interface..

For what I know until now, maybe is better to find a new Chinese firmware, burn it in the ip camera, then to modify some files with Telnet for having English interface...

Hi Peter. For modifiing your firmware you will need the new firmware and the old firmware as well. I imagine that you have now an Chinese firmware modified to have English interface..

For what I know until now, maybe is better to find a new Chinese firmware, burn it in the ip camera, then to modify some files with Telnet for having English interface...

i have chinese firmware file !It does not need to be modified!

Only need to modify the English firmware file , because it will stop the camera upgrading!

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=C385B2D31BDB4A0B%21105&cid=C385B2D31BDB4A0B&group=0

chinese firmware file name H_IPC-HX4X2X-Themis_Chn_PN_Stream3_V2.400.0000.10.R.20150618

it is PAL and NTSC system !

english firmware PAL system file H_IPC-HX4X2X-Themis_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.400.0000.10.R.20150618

english firmware NTSC system file H_IPC-HX4X2X-Themis_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.400.0000.10.R.20150618

please download it

Only need to modify the English firmware file , because it will stop the camera upgrading!

chinese firmware file name H_IPC-HX4X2X-Themis_Chn_PN_Stream3_V2.400.0000.10.R.20150618

english firmware PAL system file H_IPC-HX4X2X-Themis_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.400.0000.10.R.20150618

english firmware NTSC system file H_IPC-HX4X2X-Themis_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.400.0000.10.R.20150618

please download it

OK. You have it here: http://fastupload.rol.ro/bffb7060c9ab76aaefa1a74d34b3875c.html

I am not responsable about anything..

please download it

OK. You have it here: http://fastupload.rol.ro/bffb7060c9ab76aaefa1a74d34b3875c.html

I am not responsable about anything..

I have it.. But maybe you don't need that *.img. You could simply burn an Chinese firmware from 2015 and revert the web interface to English.

I have it.. But maybe you don't need that *.img. You could simply burn an Chinese firmware from 2015 and revert the web interface to English.

I can't seem to find any links to the Chinese firmware, otherwise I'd do that. Could you upload the check.img to expirebox.com and PM me the link? Do you have any links to any Chinese firmware?

Thanks

Thanks! The check.img was all I needed. I was able to load the 12/2014 firmware.

Is it my understanding that no one has been able to load anything newer using the same trick of replacing that file?