jisaac

There is just something about your own house.

I dont know why but there is just something about wiring your own house. I hate it. I just recently moved about a month ago and had to wire my new house. Not only for cameras but also for A/V. It took me month to do something that would usually take me about a day. I just hate wiring my own house. I guess its like how a maid would clean the hell out of your house but her house would be trashed. Well I can finally say its done. I finally got all my components in my office and have everything distributed to my wall plates. What a pain in the ass!

oh ya my wife hates my ptz dome on the front the house. I say its good advertisement. I sold a few by having it on my old house. plus they are just fun to play with. I caught a 7 year old kid stealing a balloon off my mailbox that was left over from my 3 year old little girls birthday party. I scared the hell out of him. I had him thinking that balloon was important for a while. When he almost started crying I let him go. Was pretty funny.

Edited by Guest

LOL, I just finished putting a couple of cameras in my apartment complex myself, and now I have the neigboors wanting to get cameras for their apartments too.

I was testing a camera pointed out my window one day when I saw a young boy and girl with shovels in their hands.

I kept watching in disbelief as I saw what appeared to be them digging in my front yard. After realizing that they were really digging up my parkway I went out and asked them what the heck they were doing.

The little boy told me that I didn’t own the property in front of my house so he could dig it up. I asked him where he got that idea.

I guess he overheard a parent saying that technically the parkway belongs to the city. I sent them home with their shovels telling them to go dig in front of their house.

I dont know why but there is just something about wiring your own house. I hate it. I just recently moved about a month ago and had to wire my new house. Not only for cameras but also for A/V.

You got your wiring done in a month? WoW! Congrats!

I pulled in a 240v circuit on JUNE 29, 2005 and it's STILL not finished.

But hey, at least the outlet is in a box...

27463_1.jpg

its funny how I am am so strick with my employees about how neet and professional things HAVE to be done. But when it comes to my house my inital thoughts are "who cares? As long as it is connected and works". Luckily I have a wife who would kick my AZZ if I tried to get lazy. You would think someone would want it done as good as possible for their own house. I guess when your not getting paid to do it it makes the things you normally do seem not so much important.

Youre right though. That is the point.

We don't care what it looks like. Were practical, we just want it to work.

We don't want to have to take the extra time to make it look neat.

Thats for paying customers.

You'r not alone. You can easily find unfinished jobs in my home at any camera location, like dangling video/power feeds in family room that I promised my wife will go behind wall since last year.

For me its mainly lack of $$$ motivation. If I don't complete a customer's job, I won't get paid. No such threat in my own projects.

I won't tell your wife, but she could always withhold your food.

Of course you can always go to the drive through, that’s what I would do.

Unfortunately security isn’t the only project we tend not to finish.

I think that just must be a man-trait.

I got CAT5 wires coming out of the walls for my home theatre, because I was too lazy to terminate them properly. So they lead to all the speakers, but I never connected them to the Surround Sound. Now that’s bad, it has been over 1 year.

Women will start one thing and finish.

A man will start one thing, get bored with that, start another project,etc.

I'll be honest, my home network's cabling is bad. If there was real voltage in those lines they would make the fire marshal cry bad.