Sign in to follow this  
andresdamas

Q-SEE NVR compatible with regular Dahua Cameras

As of this writing, this NVR supports IP cameras made by: Dahua, Arecont Vision, Axis, Canon, Dynacolor, Panasonic, Samsung, Sanyo, Sony and Onvif.

Can anyone add any cameras to this list? I have the Q-See NVR and am looking into other cameras for it. I would like to score a cheaper one on ebay but not sure if I can trust them to work. Q-See told me that even if the camera is OnVif, the zoom and audio may not work.

ONVIF compatibility can be tricky. Not everybody is compatible with everybody else. This is still a work in progress, and results are not guaranteed.

Thanks for the replies guys. " title="Applause" />

Well I bit the bullet and bought this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370794508385?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

the 2 megapixel 1080 dahua. I hope it works out since they will make me pay a 20% restocking fee and shipping charges if it doesn't (almost a hundred bucks).

I wanted to try to get away with the 720 but figured since it's the main camera (and only one for now) in my front yard, it should be the better quality one.

when i have more dough to burn, I'll probably get 2 cheaper cams, one for my front porch and one for my backyard.

-Heather