able1

Starting PC without a finger

Hello,

Any chance someone here has a easy or slick way to start (turn on) a PC with out the use of a human finger?? I am having an issue with power outages and the UPS can't keep the NVR up long enough, so it shuts down. Then the only way to start is by the use of a human finger. I am looking for some simple(if possible) easy or slick way to start the PC from a dead stop. Human fingers are not always plentiful or easily trainable at the site.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Les

every pc out there should have an option in the bios on what to do when ac power is restored after a power loss: stay off, resume previous state, or turn on.

that slick enough?

here are a couple examples:

206677_1.gif

206677_1.png

206677_1.jpg

Never saw that in the BIOS before.

Thanks for the tip I will check that out.

Les

BTW if it is there then "VERY SLICK" indeed.

it may not be in the most obvious place, but *every* pc i've worked on in at least the last 10 years has had this feature. most new ones with onboard network adapters also have a "wake on lan" function where you can send it a "turn on" command via the network.

it may not be in the most obvious place, but *every* pc i've worked on in at least the last 10 years has had this feature. most new ones with onboard network adapters also have a "wake on lan" function where you can send it a "turn on" command via the network.

I've played with a few that didn't have the option, lower end boards, but they do exist. WOL usually only works when the unit is in standby mode.