vectorsos

Network IP Cameras Software

Hello,

I have Toshiba IK-16A, IK-80A and Everfocus EDN 3240 network cameras, all installed in a facility and need software to record, view locally and remotely. Some advise on this? Just a basic but reliable solution to run in a Windows 7 Home Premium PC.

Thanks in advance!

basic but reliable solution to run in a Windows 7 Home Premium PC.

You'll probably get asked a handful of questions, most important being 'what is your budget?'.

There are a handful of threads on the first page of this sub-forum already about which IP software to choose, and I have a feeling you'll get most of the same answers (milestone, exacq, avigilon, etc). Here are two recent ones.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33118

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33253

I would check out the VMS companies websites to see if your cameras are compatible, if you have the hardware requirements necessary to run the server software, if the software has the features you want (pretty much all of them allow you to record and view locally/remotely, so if those are your only requirements, you should have a lot of choices in VMS software), and if it's within your budget.

You can find a lot of people who love Exacq, a lot of people that love Avigilon, and a lot of people who love Milestone. They are all good in their own ways. What is perfect for one person may not be perfect for another. I love Avigilon, but I CANNOT have software whose web interface uses activeX, so I went with Exacq, and I really like Exacq. However, even though it offers a web interface that can be used with ANY browser, unlike Avigilon, it also has spots where its weaker than Avigilon. For example, Aviglons search function is much faster and the license doesnt have to be renewed every year.

Scour their websites, talk to reps, and figure out which one is best for your needs/budget.

Good luck!