Geig

Old DVR is dead, need advice on replacement

we have an old mitsubishi dvr that is dead, there are 2 cameras in place already. how can i tell what kind of cameras they are and get a DVR that will work with them?

i don't need a lot of channels on this DVR, but i would like network connectivity, and the ability to hook up a flatscreen monitor via VGA or DVI

any help?

btw i am a newbie to the CCTV spectrum, but since i am the company IT guy, if it has a circuit board, it is my department.

you just need a 4 channel DVR. perhaps you can choise to buy it form ebay.

except ebay you also can choise from other way. i ever buy it from www.lowerpicebuy.com. it's good.

4CH H.264 CCTV Network Remote View DVR Iphone Android Blackberry Security System

I had the same problem a few months back. My Chinese 'brandless' dvr crapped the bed after a few months of use. The Ebayer had a warranty when I bought it, but he was long gone when I needed him.

Coming to this website, asking the same question you are, I was pointed to a reseller. I now buy most of my supplies from them. Great company! I have coworkers and family members who now purchase from them as well.