Sign in to follow this  
Yawnder

Order placed! So am I missing anything?

Thanks for all of the help (direct and indirect through existing posts) so far guys. I just ordered the following items:

• 1x CNB VBM-24VF camera
    1x Qvis Avalon 4-channel DVR (apparently it's a rebranded Dahua), w/ 500GB hard drive purchased separately
    1x VideoSecu 12V DC 500MA Regulated CCTV Camera Power Supply AC to DC Power Adapter A84 on Amazon
    1x VideoSecu 1 Pair Video Balun Network Transceiver with Video Audio Power Connectors 1EK on Amazon

I've already got 50 feet of ethernet cable, and I'm going to hold off on getting any conduit and IP rated weatherproof junction box for now -- I'll be putting the camera under an overhang, and I can always get one later.

So, am I missing any accessories or anything else, or did I get any incorrect parts? I'm most worried about the balun pair I purchased, and the AC to DC power adapter. Based on the pictures I think I'll be good to go, and I'm pretty sure I have everything I need, but I want to be sure I don't need any extra male to female adapters or anything like that.

I probably would have gotten at least a 1 amp power supply. Other than that, you should be good. Just be sure to test out the camera before you put it up.

Have fun!

I probably would have gotten at least a 1 amp power supply. Other than that, you should be good. Just be sure to test out the camera before you put it up.

Have fun!

Thanks and will do. I figured 500mA would be sufficient because CNB's website shows the max consumption at 300mA and min voltage at 10V. Hopefully it will be...?

Uh oh; based on this thread I'm wondering if I should've gotten the GEM BLN-MTL2 baluns instead...

Does the CNB 24VF have a female DC power jack, or does it have separate positive/negative terminals?

Edit: Nevermind, unless I'm mistaken, it looks like I should just be able to cut off the male DC adapter to get access to the positive/negative bare wires and hook that into the green connector coming out of the camera.