stevenjeff

Night Photo Problems

Using Cat 5, Night camera why are these lines in the picture. Is it the cable. My run is only 70 feet.

I have some coax cable I can try any help would be great. The camera is CNB WCL-20s. The distance to

my mailbox is 60 feet. The camera is under my gutter at a height of 13 feet.

1: Is it the Cat 5?

was also thinking about adding a brighter light on my pole. 3x15 watts lights are in the pole at present.```

Please email me at : stevejefferies@yahoo.com

steve.jpg.235dcdca967cfd5ed9de8f2fd812273d.jpg

Wow no replays but one. I thought this forum was here for our help. Maybe the lines are being reflective off the tan gutter to the right.

I think Steve and Groovy both hit it- IR reflections. Bullet cam, so it's not a dirty dome. Looks like siding and a gutter close by, so I'd unhook the cam and move it to be clear of the house and wave it around a bit to see if it clears up. If it does, then it's a bad mounting position. If not, most likely bad cam. Either dragging another cable to it to test or bringing it inside and connecting it to the DVR and see what's up is an easy test though.

Changed from CAT5 to RG59 and there are no lines. I also changed two of the lights in the lamp pole from 15 watts to 25 watts.

I can make it out to the mailbox, the car is picture by the mailbox. What do you all think,

Or suggest another camera for clearer. I probally should have gotten a zoom adjustable camera for the front.

Not much money with this OBAMA economy the way it is.

Tell me what you think or suggest.

Thanks.

steve1.jpg.736e88636eb6b05949076b2fff01e479.jpg

Can you see the bright light from the siding? The camera is placed poorly and you have IR light reflecting back into the camera as

many others have already mentioned. A type of wire does not cause IR reflection.

The cam is now pointed slightly to the right of where it was. You still have the same reflection problem but with less emphasis on the lines of the siding. The change in positioning is much more likely to have changed the problem than the change in cable. Climb back up with the cam running and move it out past those edges and view what the dvr recorded. Better yet, get a small LCD TV with composite input (and bnc adapter if needed) and another short cable and view it live from the roof while you're moving it around. Might even be able to use the dvr monitor. Also, make sure the lens is clean. IR reflection lighting up dirt on the lens cover will make the problem worse.

Internal ir reflection problem (protective glass removed because is indoor mounted)

Lens mount and board contact leaks light. (can be easy repaired)

same camera

normal vs bad ir

IRcam-bad.jpg.5bc5d5da6aaf063a55a4136feb3d8afa.jpg