Sign in to follow this  
brinsey

How to wire my DIN 6 pin cameras to pc

First of all I am new to the forum and I am going round in circles trying to sort out wiring my DIN 6 pin cameras to my pc (there seems to be every cable in the world to wire it bar the one i need) I have looked for the past 7 days for around 4 hours a day and its driving me insane!.

If anyone has any ideas on what to do, i have looked at

:- 6-PIN-DIN female to RCA or BNC/power converter cable

:- USB to Dual PS2 Multi Keyboard Mouse Splitter Connector

:- 6 Pin Mini Din Female to 5 Din Male Adapter PS/2

ECT, Ect all to try to get my cable into a

USB 2.0 Interface to 3 RCA Female Phono S-VIDEO Output Cable

As I said earlier I am going round in circles

If anyone could please help me and put me in the right direction I would be forever grateful

A big thanks in advance for all relevant ideas

Brinsey

I think I need to be more specific

6 PIN DIN micro-mark black and white cctv camera to my computer for as little cost as possible as these cameras have been up at my house for around 7 years and have previously been hooked up to the VHS recorder

Ive been out and bought a 2tb hard drive (external) and need help as the only input on my pc is USB can someone please HELP!!!!!!!

Hi. Din systems are not the best things to convert .......you will spend more on converting your old camera than it is to buy new.

Power to camera will be a problem for you (most were 5-7volt)

Din are balanced systems .... So you will have problems with quality connecting them to 75ohm

And not all din systems are the same .......you might find din cable adapters but not comparable with yours

Before you star spending money think is it worth it first

Hi. Din systems are not the best things to convert .......you will spend more on converting your old camera than it is to buy new.

Power to camera will be a problem for you (most were 5-7volt)

Din are balanced systems .... So you will have problems with quality connecting them to 75ohm

And not all din systems are the same .......you might find din cable adapters but not comparable with yours

Before you star spending money think is it worth it first

The cables are in place now and are plastered into the walls (10 meters of em) is there a solution out there?

like tom said, this is not just a simple matter of finding an adapter or cable that will convert one pin layout to another. the first problem is, you need to know the pinouts of the camera connectors themselves - which pins are video, power, and if applicable, audio? which is signal, which is ground? are there shared grounds? there are at least two dozen possibilities so you really don't want to guess.

then there's the fact, as tom suggests, that the signal may be a balanced type, which means connecting it directly to an unbalanced connector may not work, or may give you a really bad picture.

there's also the voltage required - some of these types of cameras run on 7.5vdc or 9vdc, rather than the more common 12vdc. feeding them too much voltage could fry the camera. if you have them mis-wired, you could also fry the inputs of your capture card.

all that aside, getting video into your pc is easy and relatively cheap: something like this will do the job. but as noted above, converting your cameras' connectors may take a lot of work and extra expense.

They do indeed have audio to the cameras and as you both said this is turning into a can of worms I'm finding this a nightmare!

There is no quick fix solution I can find, I was wondering if anyone else had come across this particular situation and what they did to resolve it?

I thought maybe someone would have made connectors for this kind of camera's and started by buying a ps2 connector to usb (little do I know) the pc didn't recognize them.

The cameras at present go into a micro-mark box and from that out via scart to VHS and TV. Is there any way to process this information into the pc?

There is no quick fix solution I can find, I was wondering if anyone else had come across this particular situation and what they did to resolve it?

this gets asked here fairly regularly. simple answer is, there is no quick fix solution. others have found adapters to split out the camera connectors to standard power, audio and video connectors, but they have to be designed specifically for that camera to work.

I thought maybe someone would have made connectors for this kind of camera's and started by buying a ps2 connector to usb (little do I know) the pc didn't recognize them.

of course not. those adapters are designed to adapt the *digital* signals from keyboard and mouse, to a serial data bus. they can't convert an analog video/audio signal to digital serial bus.

The cameras at present go into a micro-mark box and from that out via scart to VHS and TV. Is there any way to process this information into the pc?

maybe. there are readily-available adapters to go from scart to standard a/v, that you could then feed into one of the devices i linked to above.

Thanks for your replies so far guys (Tom & GrouchoBoucho) you really do have far more knowledge than I do on this subject and I do appreciate you spending the time replying!

What do the 4 Channel USB 2.0 DVR Video Capture Surveillance Dongle's do to process the info and could I rewire my cameras direct by doing away with both DIN & RCA plugs by connector block?

Or could i use a scart_to_RCA_cable and would that plug straight in? The problem I'm having is like I said earlier I don't want to go out and buy a load of stuff and it still not work , due to the fact I don't really know what I'm doing.

What do the 4 Channel USB 2.0 DVR Video Capture Surveillance Dongle's do to process the info

it digitizes the analog video info and feeds it into the computer via usb. this is not something than can be done by direct wiring; anytime you want to process an analog signal, you need such a device. it's the same idea as plugging a microphone into your sound card.

and could I rewire my cameras direct by doing away with both DIN & RCA plugs by connector block?

we've already been over that: the din connectors also provide the appropriate power to the cameras and must plug into the existing interface box you have.

Or could i use a scart_to_RCA_cable and would that plug straight in?

*from what you've described*, of having a box that provides scart output from the cameras... yes, all you should then need is the same type of scart-to-rca adapter that you'd use to connect to the vcr and tv, except instead of the vcr and tv, you'd plug into the video capture dongle.

Big thanks to " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> GrouchoBoucho & tomcctv for putting me straight on the matter and GrouchoBoucho for pointing me in the right direction . Ive bought a set which includes all connections

USB 2.0 interface to 3 RCA Female Phono S-VIDEO Output Cable A/V Capture Adapter.

Big thanks again guys I had no idea there was so much involved.

Brinsey " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

I can't set up my micro-mark CCTV cameras on my pc. Ive bought a set which includes all connections

USB 2.0 interface to 3 RCA Female Phono S-VIDEO Output Cable A/V Capture Adapter, I have installed the drivers for the capture device, plugged the scart to AV in and tuned the video in......

The PC shows the capture card as a SMI grabber device but I can't view the cameras on the pc or via any CCTV software that I installed!!! (over 10 different software's)

I do realise I must be doing something wrong but do not have a clue what!

ANY, ANY, ANY HELP please

Brinsey

personally id just have rewired the cables to new rg59/cat5 and put new cameras linked to pc or better still dedicated standalone dvr never liked micrmark a load of rubbish imho!