Sign in to follow this  
Yawnder

Is this meant to be popped out?

Got my CNB VBM-24VF today, took it out and got it all set up while I wait for my DVR to come in tomorrow. Anyway there are two large holes on this unit that allow the data and power wire to go through. Out of the box, the cable was routed through the hole underneath the unit. The hole appears to be plugged up with a white piece of rubber that looks like a doughnut; the cable goes through this, and then it looks like there's some silicone/other type of sealant filling up the rest of the hole inside the white rubber thing.

Anyway, on the side of the unit is a big cap that is unscrewed with a large coin that's the same size as the hole underneath the unit. I was thinking about routing the cable through this hole instead as it would make things easier. My question is, is that white rubber sealing thingy meant to be popped out of its existing hole to be moved to the other hole if so desired? Or if I do that will it damage it or mess up the waterproofing?

Unfortunately the manual doesn't say anything about this.

that should be fine. as long as the camera isn't mounted in such a way that the grommet can collect water (such as, mounted on a wall with the grommet on top) it shouldn't seep in. suggest a little teflon tape on the threads of the plug when you use it to seal the back hole.