redmercurypr

need a good wireless system for mobile application

Hi I'm in search of a good wireless system for a mobile application. I have a customer, a local town, that wants a camera that can be moved around for certain activities. I have seen a lot of wireless systems and I don't know where to start or end there are so many of them. I'm looking also into the system being solar powered if possible, I have seen something like it from Dotworkz. It's a 120W system so I don't know if it's possible to adapt it to my needs.

Thanks.

I don't think there's anyone who sells a wireless solar powered PTZ system. I can tell you that 120 Watts is going to be WAY too much for solar power. In all reality, 60 Watts is really too much.

Do you know of any system especially used for mobile applications. Like you have a camera here a couple of days and move it to another site next and so on.

Police tactical departments use these frequently, if I can find a few links I will post them in this thread for you. They primarily use these for narcotics monitoring, and during events through the holidays.

Scottj

Hi I'm in search of a good wireless system for a mobile application. I have a customer, a local town, that wants a camera that can be moved around for certain activities. I have seen a lot of wireless systems and I don't know where to start or end there are so many of them. I'm looking also into the system being solar powered if possible, I have seen something like it from Dotworkz. It's a 120W system so I don't know if it's possible to adapt it to my needs.

Thanks.

One thing to consider is low light response of an all-in-one IP camera, let alone one that is solar powered! Let me recommend you consider going with a Megapixel IP Camera whose view can be "zoomable" and whose low light response will yield better detail in the long run. There are a number of these cameras, like the Panasonic Model WV-NP1004 and iQNVision products.

Some of these also have the very desireable 12VDC Power Capability as well!