nifter53

What test monitor do you use?

I've used the 2.5 wrist LCD's and found them too small to properly focus a camera. I've used a 15" 110vac monitor and found it difficult to work off a ladder and find power.

I'd like to know from anyone that has had a good experience with any particular LCD test monitor. Budget is not a concern, don't need PTz control, but would like pattern generation. Battery is a must, and would like water resistant.

Thanks for any input!

Just realized I may want more in a tester than I realized.

The specific client I am doing testing for has many fiber optic multiplexers in place and I have seen a few testers than include an optical power meter.

Does anyone have any experience testing the optical signal in/out of a fiber multiplexer?

Most of these testers have a 3.5" LCD screen. Is that large enough?

Thanks again

well i was using a sylvania 7" battery powered tv up until a few days ago when it stopped working. i will probably try a 9" portable dvd player. they are only about $50 these days. here is a pic of the one ive been using for 3 yrs

Right now I'm deciding between

1) http://www.camera2000.com/en/cctv-tester-optical-power-meter-multimeter-video-signal-intensity-test.html

2) ideal Securitest

3) http://www.amazon.com/Defender-Security-82-12460-Monitor-Generator/dp/B008I5QHJ2/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1356478042&sr=1-15&keywords=5-inch+CCTV+test

1) has a fiber optic tester and a voltmeter

2) ideal is a good name brand

3) has a large 5.6" LCD and also does pattern test

I think I would go for option (1) if I knew for certain a 3.5" screen is large enough.

Thoughts?

Merry xmas

I do more CATV than CCTV and have used 13" crts for this for years. About 2 years ago for $65 I got a 7" Viore:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889532005

I expected to have to replace it every year or so but it is still running just fine with decent battery life. For CATV work the tuning is poor but most of the time this is not an issue. For navigating menus or using the video feed of a camera it works quite well.

Great thing is with these that charge off of a 12vdc wall wart you can tie a lead in your truck so it can charge while driving to a site.

Sometimes I put the DVR online and than turn on my iphone and remote log in using my iphone to focus. If you can focus

it remotely, when you view it live onsite, it definitely will be clear! You just have to remember the few second delay

when remote viewing on your iphone. It's alittle cumbersome, but it works just fine sometimes especially if the camera is

mounted, and there is no access to any front ports or the bnc output.