Sign in to follow this  
trungtran

Big problem with my DVR Hikvison

Hi all

My DVR Hikvision has big problem, i post here and hope you give me advice.

The fist, i can't join main menu because pass error, however i didn't change before. Pass default is 12345, i know that.

The second, I tried to connect DVR via LAN but i couldn't, IVMS 4200 didn't find it on LAN. So i couldn't restore or update firmware.

The third, i tried to remove CMOS battery to cleared but didn't any change.

We have 5 DVRs with that problem on a day and my DDNS host are closed

pls help me.

Thanks all

Have tried to contact Hikvision for help or ask help from your supplier ?

What actually happened that make 5 DVRs have such problems in a day ??

DVR connected to Internet with default username & password = potential for someone to stumble upon, logon & change settings. If all 5 changed in one day I'd say malicious access happened.

If five DVRs have had the password changed from one day to the next one, this has not been "by mistake", someone has changed it. If you do not have the current password, you will not be able to log in the DVR neither from Internet Explorer, IVMS4200, IVMS4000, or any other way. You can ping the DVR IP to know if it is still up and running (if you get to the login page, it is).

Removing the battery will not reset the DVR to factory settings, this is not a computer where you can clear the BIOS settings. If you have to reset the DVR passwords, contact your Hikvision supplier, they should expliain you how to do so and give you temporary passwords to enter the DVR and change the admin password.