Sign in to follow this  
51cent

ExacqVision start question

ExacqVision start question

Hello, I have the 4 license trial version of ExacqVision start. I am unable to setup motion detection, and the only recording option is continuous. A google search brought me this, http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25972&start=15 with no result.

Exacq tech support hasn't replied in 2 days. The camera is a Panasonic WV-SC385, my system is an old XP home version.

Exacq works great if they support your specific camera and firmware level. Updating the camera firmware alone can make it stop working. I tried a variety of cameras and even though they supported most Axis camera, I could not get all to work. They didn't officially support my Panasonic BL-C230 pan/tilt camera but it worked. So testing before buying as you have done is the smartest thing to do. Also, found they absolutely refused to help me unless the specific camera was on their list. For example, they had a few Dahua models listed, but I had a different model, they would not help me at all.

Thanks for your replies. Exacq support also replied too.

I went to try and get it going properly this morning, and the client couldn't find the system. Meanwhile, the camera is still recording continuously, filling up the hard drive, so I had to uninstall exacq. Reinstalling didn't help at all.

Can any one recommend a user friendly software for my camera(s)? I also have two old Panasonics, a BL-C131 and a BB-HCM371A. I like Blueiris, but i was hoping to re-purpose this old laptop with a less resource heavy program.

If it's just one camera, BlueIris can't be that bad. Milestone will give you a single camera license of their pro-level product for free, so if it's just one camera, you can try that. Not sure Milestone will be anymore efficient than BlueIris though.

Thanks again buellwinkle. I plan to have the 2 older panasonics plus the wv-sc385 on the system, plus 1 more camera in the future. I will check out Milestone next.

thewireguys, the first time support responded they cut and pasted from the same link you gave, check the model/firmware. The model and firmware(1.61) are supported.

For the first few days I could access the camera and video, withe mentioned problems, but it couldn't find the system after that. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help, even with running ccleaner and its registry tool.

Support hasn't responded to my 2nd email yet.

update, Milestone Xprotect go working well now for 24 hours.

I have nothing to add to help the OP, but I just wanted to post that this is the kind of support response that p*sses me off. If someone from Exacq is reading this forum they should fire the head of tech support on the spot. Who the hell responds to a customer's query, after two days no less, with a cut and paste "check out this link here first"? Seriously? This is how Exacq wants to attract new customers? Pathetic. In 5 minutes, someone from tech support could have provided a response that actually answered the question or provided better guidance, and completely changed the potential customer's experience. I would expect this type of response from a no-name, cheap Chinese made crap company.