Sign in to follow this  
szjozsi

Experience on Arecont cameras?

Hello.anyone has experience on Arecont IP cameras?

I planned to buy vivotek but it cannot record long time as far as I read here.

Now I am thinking Arecont 2155DN and 1355

Can these types record directly to a NAS/NVR? and can they record minutes, depending on space available and setting?

thanks

Joe

Areconts will record to any NVR that supports them.

I've got an AV5105DN and an AV5100 (5MP Areconts), and can record them on both Blue Iris and an Aver NVR6240.

The lower MP Areconts may be better, but the 5MP models struggle to get their rated FPS. Mine are rated at 9 FPS at full resolution, and I can only get 5 on either of my systems. The only time I've seen 9 FPS was using VLC as the only client.

Also, the web interface and firmware is a bit primitive, and the IP address assignments kept shifting around until I made them fixed and locked them. Not my favorite cameras, I'm afraid, but the 21XX and 13XX series may be better than the 5MP versions.

Many cams, including some Areconts, have alarm output connections that close a relay under certain conditions, and some NVRs will start recording based on this. This may be what they mean about alarm recording.

No Arecont can not record directly to a NAS

then what does this mean? :

http://www.synology.com/support/camera.php?lang=us&brand_id=35

it's hard to get a clear picture..

that means the synology's minimalist nvr supports the cameras. what thewireguys is talking about is some cameras' ability to write directly to network storage. one is the nas doing the work, the other is the camera doing it.